The Post Your Pets Thread

:lol: Poor cat!

Before we took her in (her first people were evicted from their house and their new place wouldn't take the cats in), she lived with two other cats and three big, dumb dogs. She was 7 months old then, and I guess that was plenty of time for her to get accustomed to other animals. While we haven't tried her out with other cats yet, she seems to do just fine with dogs. In fact, aside from getting very uppity if the other animal wants to play and she doesn't, she's about the most relaxed cat I've ever seen. New people don't faze her, either.

mcvuix.jpg

4273283306_494569b9e7_b.jpg

Thanks to my boss, I now have a kitty. Here is a picture of her.

^Awww, she's a beautiful wee girl! How old is she? Does she have a name yet? Lastly, does this mean you no longer want to steal my cat? 'Cuz you can't have her.

^Awww, she's a beautiful wee girl! How old is she? Does she have a name yet? Lastly, does this mean you no longer want to steal my cat? 'Cuz you can't have her.

I think she's six weeks? Haven't named her, been calling her kitty though that's obviously not a real name.

And I still kinda want to steal your cat. You've got a nice cat, what can I say?

She looks older than 6 weeks, but if you can convince her to sit maybe beside a can of Coke or something similar for scale where most of her is in frame including her tail I can probably make a good guess for you. Unless you happen to have a kitchen scale and then put her in a box and weigh her (tare out the weight of the box of course).

She's damn cute and is making me want a kitten again, even though cross eyed avatar cat is petrified of other cats, including tiny kittens.

Last edited:
I just can't remember exactly. One of the most attention hungry cats I've seen though, just going out of her sight prompts meowing, dunno how she survives when I'm at work.

Well the solution that is clear! Second kitteh!

I just can't remember exactly. One of the most attention hungry cats I've seen though, just going out of her sight prompts meowing, dunno how she survives when I'm at work.

Sounds like a plan or alternatively, you get a cuddly toy cat to use as a surrogate, maybe. :)

:lol: That was my mothers reasoning for getting 2 kittens, they could keep each other company while alone.

And I still kinda want to steal your cat. You've got a nice cat, what can I say?

Tell you what: you can come over and spend an evening throwing jingle balls into the bathtub for her, then waiting for her to come running out to where you are and spit them out about 8' from you so you can throw them again and she can bring them not quite back. Give the husband and me a break. :)

She's damn cute and is making me want a kitten again, even though cross eyed avatar cat is petrified of other cats, including tiny kittens.

Me too! Except for the part about cross-eyed avatar cat, though.

If she really is only six weeks old (*melt*), it could have to do with being taken from her mama too early. The neediest cats I've ever had are the ones who were taken too early. Note that this is not to accuse anyone of taking a kitten away too soon! My needy beasties, f'rinstance, were either abandoned or found with a mama cat who hadn't survived for some reason.

It might just be that she has gone from a house with two other cats and a small dog to one with none of the above. Any suggestions for something to amuse a small cat?

Last edited:
^ Could be, could be.

We keep Desi occupied (and out of our stuff) with a selection of things she can chase, stalk, and rabbit punch to her little heart's content. Plastic jingle balls are good, along with a fishing pole-type device (y'know, the plastic kind with a fish or somethin--no feathers for unsupervised kittens, though--dangling from one and and a suction cup on the other) attached to a door at good batting height. She has a rectangular stuffed thing with a fuzzy tail on it specifically for fighting with; she can grip it to herself with her front paws and kick the crap out of it with her back ones, which she loves to do. She also has a "crinkle tube", a small tunnel made of some kind of material that crinkles quite loudly. It drives us crazy in the middle of the night, but it seems to keep her amused.

Lastly, we make sure her favorite sleeping spots are well in order, whether it be a crumpled couch cushion or a nicely wadded soft blanket, and that the blinds on one window are open just enough to permit sunbeams to enter and her to look out and chatter at the squirrels she can't get to.

Essentially, provide her with stimulation that doesn't require your presence, a place to snooze, and a sunbeam, and she should manage nicely. Especially if you give her lots of play and cuddle time when you're home. Kitties are resilient; she'll adjust quickly.

Hope some of these ideas help with your little girl.

^ In the parlance of the LOLcats, DO WANT. Look at that tiny little ball of fluff!

One of my cats, Tikka. Sadly she is no longer around, she died while I was in hospital in December.

Tikka_on_the_windowsill__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

This is my other cat, Star, who seems to hate camera's so this is the only picture I have of her which I got when she was asleep.

Star_sleeping_on_the_drive__by_LightningTremlett.jpg