The Post Your Pets Thread

Would suit a rag doll cat! :lol:

Yeah, here's hoping that doesn't happen. :blink:

I don't usually give my cats milk but as a treat I am taking Odin (Thor doesn't like milk) into her room and giving them each some milk to drink while he is in there. It will lead to him associating Freya with positive experiences. I drink lactose free milk, so they can handle it. Now I just need to figure out what to bribe positively reinforce Thor with.

Edit: I really need to stop getting cats now. I'm running out of names of Norse gods and goddesses that I can pronounce.

There's Loki, Balder, Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Sif, Frigg, Gaea, Kelda, Brunnhilde and more. :D

I know there are many more Norse gods. My point was that I can't pronounce most of their names. :lol:

For axample, Freya's brother Freyr... I would pronounce them the same, but that can't be right can it? Oh, and I am not naming a cat "Frigg" (or "Frigga") <_<

Oh, I dunno......

"Some say she can open a tin of tuna just by looking at it, and that she uses her lazy thumb to flick rubber bands at you while you sleep, all we know is she's called the Frigg!"

http://img291.imageshack.**/img291/8605/photo2321u.jpg

The household's tame racing driver :D

He's a 3-year-old cockatiel (that picture was taken in 2009 when he was 6 months old) and, because he's all white and I am quite obsessed with Top Gear I immediately thought of the name "Stig" when I saw him.

Our little guy, at his second show this past Saturday!

pups2.jpg

His brother and sister were also competing (and his brother got Best Of Breed!); here's the pupster (on your right) saying hello to his sister (on your left) in this pic:

pups.jpg

He now has three ribbons! veryproud.gif

Last edited:
Meet Freya-
IMAG0514.jpg

Odin and Thor are NOT happy. They are hissing and growling at her like crazy. They're pretty much full-grown now and should be ashamed of themselves for being so scared of a little girl. We've got her isolated in our guest bedroom with her own litter tray and food bowl. Thor seems to be getting curious about her but still hisses if she sticks a paw out under the door. Odin growls at any sound she makes on the other side of the door.

She's cuuuuuute :wub:

When my parents got their third cat (a stray that stayed because my mother fed it :p) one of their other cats were NOT a happy kitteh, it was 1,5 years ago and now they are fine, not best buddies but they accept and tolerate each other, it took some time for the old ones, particularly the female, to stop hissing at her.

She's cuuuuuute :wub:

When my parents got their third cat (a stray that stayed because my mother fed it :p) one of their other cats were NOT a happy kitteh, it was 1,5 years ago and now they are fine, not best buddies but they accept and tolerate each other, it took some time for the old ones, particularly the female, to stop hissing at her.

Fortunately Odin and Thor are starting to accept her already. It always helps if the new cat is the opposite sex from the established cats.

Odin has adopted the attitude of a grumpy old man annoyed by the boisterousness of today's youth, but occasionally he remembers he's technically still a kitten himself and spends some time playing with her. They chase each other around. Thor is still wary, he won't eat if she is near by and is very tense when she comes up to him trying to play. But he has stopped growling at her and only hisses when she jumps at him out of nowhere and takes him by surprise.

Speaking of Odin and Thor, sometimes we take them outside to explore-

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0469-1.jpg

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

Last edited:
Well Thor and Odin seem to have gotten used to Freya. I took her to the vet today to get her jabs and microchip and when we got home they were sitting around her blanket humming the tune to "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone".

DAMN, we have some adorable pets in here. :)

Pups here has three ribbons in two shows!

ribbons.jpg

Is it me or is there a Final Gear Cute Off going on right on?????

Iiiiiiin the Northern Hemisphere, representing canine-kind the world over, it's Ellie and BroMi wiiiiiiitttthhhhh Puuuuuuuuuup!!!

Annnnnd in the Southern Hemisphere, the felicitous felines of Wollongong, deftly managed by stiggie, it's Odin, Thor and Freyaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

In squeee, two, one........

Is it me or is there a Final Gear Cute Off going on right on?????

Iiiiiiin the Northern Hemisphere, representing canine-kind the world over, it's Ellie and BroMi wiiiiiiitttthhhhh Puuuuuuuuuup!!!

Annnnnd in the Southern Hemisphere, the felicitous felines of Wollongong, deftly managed by stiggie, it's Odin, Thor and Freyaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

In squeee, two, one........

C'mon MWF, as if we'd use our pets like that. <_<

I'll just leave these here. :whistle:

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0589.jpg

IMAG0591.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

IMAG0596.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0583.jpg

Oh my squee. "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stiggie again."

Oh my squee. "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stiggie again."
Gotcha covered. And there's a cat-napping plan being put into action right now :shifty:

And the title goes to the cats of the Southern Hemisphere for a triple backward catnap with pike! :clap: