The Post Your Pets Thread

pc213399-jpeg.3559630

She's in a different mood these days.

0DA91E27-DCCC-4673-9409-F34002BD5664.JPG

Hank has taken to office life very well. He hardly leaves his bed anymore. That said, it’s hella comfy being right by the radiator.

18DEDA80-9E77-465C-8651-E8FC33019EDE.jpeg

Three weeks ago I had to say goodbye to my baby girl Ariel. She was 6 months old when I rescued her and I wouldn't trade the last 15 years for anything. She was smarter and more loving than some people I share blood with, I would have crawled through fire for her. I'm still very fragile emotionally and I've cried so much I've run out of tears more times than I can count. I'm fighting back tears just typing this out right now.

A few days ago I got a sympathy card in the mail from my vet, among the signatures was Ariel's paw print along with a small vial with some of her fur inside. It absolutely broke me, it was like ripping the scab off and pouring acid on the wound. I have not been in this rough of shape since I lost my dad, I miss her so god damn much.

Chops4.jpg

Three weeks ago I had to say goodbye to my baby girl Ariel. She was 6 months old when I rescued her and I wouldn't trade the last 15 years for anything. She was smarter and more loving than some people I share blood with, I would have crawled through fire for her. I'm still very fragile emotionally and I've cried so much I've run out of tears more times than I can count. I'm fighting back tears just typing this out right now.

A few days ago I got a sympathy card in the mail from my vet, among the signatures was Ariel's paw print along with a small vial with some of her fur inside. It absolutely broke me, it was like ripping the scab off and pouring acid on the wound. I have not been in this rough of shape since I lost my dad, I miss her so god damn much.

View attachment 3560229
Jeez man, it's never easy. :(

CBDD17C3-FFCE-41B4-997B-CDDC6C543B6E.jpeg

Life is so hard...

It certainly is, especially when there is a sunny spot to lie in. This was Lex on Friday morning with a nanoblep:

IMG_0555_2_S1920.jpg

OMG such a cute face.

I haven't posted anything about our cats here, so I might as well! A couple years back we moved into my girlfriend's family home as her dad sold the house to her, along with everything that the farm included. An old Fiat tractor and three cats that had lived at the farm were part of it. They've always had cats around, and some have been more short-lived than others. The current ones have been there from around mid-00s, and they're the usual countryside breed. In earlier years they've spent more time outside at the farm and still manage on their own, but we've treated them well and cuddled them so much now that they've bonded strongly with us and seek us out for comfort.

The oldest one is the smallest, a female called Morris (they thought she was a he at first). She's something like 16-17 years old, skinny and light to pick up, with a bit of a resting bitch face after all these years and a stare that makes little children cry. She's the crankiest of them all, but has mellowed in recent years and she's quite affectionate these days, despite vocally protesting when picked up from places where she shouldn't be in. She knows her name and the word for "mouse" in Finnish, and she likes to curl up in a ball and sleep a lot, but she's also quite active for her age. She will probably outlast current civilization (here's hoping). She loves playing with a shoestring and has a lot of energy for chasing it.

Then there's Taavi, a male, the big thinker (the dumbest cat in the house). He keeps knocking himself into things and defending the house and farm from the other cats in the village, meaning he sometimes gets his ass kicked by them or loses some fur when kicking ass. He hunts the grounds for mice and moles and has been seen with a dead rabbit, but we didn't know for sure if he killed it or if it was roadkill. He can also be seen taking dumps in the neighbour's garden or on the field. Last summer he got some inexplicable scrapes on his head which I had a heck of a time keeping clean until they healed, and I don't know if he got clawed by another cat or he symmetrically knocked his forehead on something sharp. He likes to go to the basement a lot to look for BASEMENT STUFFS and loudly meows until the basement door is opened for him. He can also be heard to try opening the doors by scraping, the others just meow to be let in or out. He only rarely hisses at the others, but they don't always like him poking his nose into butts. He has a loud snore and loves sleeping in my work chair and smelling my towels.

The third cat is Viivi, the sister to Taavi (Morris is their mother). She's the biggest, fattest, furriest cat of the three, with the most beautiful visage and big eyes that get as big as dinner plates when she wants food from the kitchen counter. Earlier we thought the others were picking on her, but now it seems she can hold her own. She sleeps a lot and sheds hair the most, so some of the couches and furniture have a lot of hair from her. She purrs the loudest and loves climbing onto people to knead them, and she's also the easiest to pet and carry (Morris doesn't enjoy it and Taavi usually starts squirming a lot when picked up). Ideal starter cat for people wanting to get into holding cats and petting them. The kindest spirit of the three and she quite often wakes me up on the weekend when I sleep late, pushing her head and wet nose into my hands.

I've never been a cat person originally, but I've known these ones for a decade or so now and wouldn't change them for anything. I used to think people's cats were nuisances but these are just really easy to keep. I love having them around.

I haven't posted anything about our cats here, so I might as well! A couple years back we moved into my girlfriend's family home as her dad sold the house to her, along with everything that the farm included. An old Fiat tractor and three cats that had lived at the farm were part of it. They've always had cats around, and some have been more short-lived than others. The current ones have been there from around mid-00s, and they're the usual countryside breed. In earlier years they've spent more time outside at the farm and still manage on their own, but we've treated them well and cuddled them so much now that they've bonded strongly with us and seek us out for comfort.

The oldest one is the smallest, a female called Morris (they thought she was a he at first). She's something like 16-17 years old, skinny and light to pick up, with a bit of a resting bitch face after all these years and a stare that makes little children cry. She's the crankiest of them all, but has mellowed in recent years and she's quite affectionate these days, despite vocally protesting when picked up from places where she shouldn't be in. She knows her name and the word for "mouse" in Finnish, and she likes to curl up in a ball and sleep a lot, but she's also quite active for her age. She will probably outlast current civilization (here's hoping). She loves playing with a shoestring and has a lot of energy for chasing it.

Then there's Taavi, a male, the big thinker (the dumbest cat in the house). He keeps knocking himself into things and defending the house and farm from the other cats in the village, meaning he sometimes gets his ass kicked by them or loses some fur when kicking ass. He hunts the grounds for mice and moles and has been seen with a dead rabbit, but we didn't know for sure if he killed it or if it was roadkill. He can also be seen taking dumps in the neighbour's garden or on the field. Last summer he got some inexplicable scrapes on his head which I had a heck of a time keeping clean until they healed, and I don't know if he got clawed by another cat or he symmetrically knocked his forehead on something sharp. He likes to go to the basement a lot to look for BASEMENT STUFFS and loudly meows until the basement door is opened for him. He can also be heard to try opening the doors by scraping, the others just meow to be let in or out. He only rarely hisses at the others, but they don't always like him poking his nose into butts. He has a loud snore and loves sleeping in my work chair and smelling my towels.

The third cat is Viivi, the sister to Taavi (Morris is their mother). She's the biggest, fattest, furriest cat of the three, with the most beautiful visage and big eyes that get as big as dinner plates when she wants food from the kitchen counter. Earlier we thought the others were picking on her, but now it seems she can hold her own. She sleeps a lot and sheds hair the most, so some of the couches and furniture have a lot of hair from her. She purrs the loudest and loves climbing onto people to knead them, and she's also the easiest to pet and carry (Morris doesn't enjoy it and Taavi usually starts squirming a lot when picked up). Ideal starter cat for people wanting to get into holding cats and petting them. The kindest spirit of the three and she quite often wakes me up on the weekend when I sleep late, pushing her head and wet nose into my hands.

I've never been a cat person originally, but I've known these ones for a decade or so now and wouldn't change them for anything. I used to think people's cats were nuisances but these are just really easy to keep. I love having them around.
Come on, we need PICTURES.

We were told that our girl was a boy when we first got her, it wasn't until a her first vet visit that she was properly sexed. She turned 10 some time in the last month, we aren't sure of the exact date. Still as feisty as ever, so far in 2021 she has caught more wild rodents than ever before.

Anyway - NO CAT PICTURES?!

I shall have to compensate.

So cute!

Lexi didn't like the cone at all so we did the same kind thing and made her into a sausage. This photo is from 2011, notice the blurry shape of the old Series III in the background!