Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo

I can’t see the point but it’s still awesome. 😂

Perc

Car(s)
I just put my 18V Makita inflator to the test by airing up the forklift we have at work. It had no problems reaching 4.5 bars. I was aiming for 5 but it's too damn cold out. :p This is a lot better than the house brand one we sell, which including battery and charger is a couple tenners cheaper than the bare Makita tool.

The Makita requires you to stand there and hold the trigger, though. Our house brand one doesn't, but you can't leave it unattended anyway because as soon at it reaches the desired pressure and turns off, air starts leaking back out through it so you'll come back to a tire with less air in it than when you started.

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Left a bit, no right a bit, just there. England.
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
The Makita requires you to stand there and hold the trigger, though. Our house brand one doesn't, but you can't leave it unattended anyway because as soon at it reaches the desired pressure and turns off, air starts leaking back out through it so you'll come back to a tire with less air in it than when you started.
I was going to say just use a spring clamp as it has auto-shutoff but that's no good if it leaks. You've justified my decision to buy the DeWalt though with it's one button operation and no leaks. :p

That jacket was really interesting, I'd want one if I was working outdoors in the summer but as it is I just like the variable DC power supply you can pick up for about £10 on its own. Guessing it's something like 8V, 10V, 12V and 14V boost, could be very handy and I wonder how many amps it can supply before the overload protection (if it has any) kicks in.

Anyway thanks to The Expanse I can't stop saying 'DeWalt' in a funny accent. :|

Perc

Car(s)
I haven't checked if the Makita leaks. The Chinesium one I sell myself does, though.

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Left a bit, no right a bit, just there. England.
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
I haven't checked if the Makita leaks. The Chinesium one I sell myself does, though.
Whoops, skim read it. Sorry. :D

In that case, just get yourself a spring clamp or mini quick-grip clamp for the Makita's trigger and you're all set!

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
It had no problems reaching 4.5 bars.
How long did it take (and what pressure did you start)?

Whoops, skim read it. Sorry. :D

In that case, just get yourself a spring clamp or mini quick-grip clamp for the Makita's trigger and you're all set!
Does the Makita turn off automatically though? I understood it the way that the Chinesium one does, but the Makita doesn't... or just wait until the battery dies I guess :|

Perc

Car(s)
Yes, the Makita turns off. Weirdly it runs way longer at "4.50 bar" on the display than it feels like it should take to reach 4.55 (judging by how long it took to go from 4.45 to 4.50), before it decides it's done and switches off. With the target set to 4.50 that is. And it still shows 4.50 when it does turn off.

It took maybe a couple of minutes to go from around 3 to 4.5, on a fully charged battery. This is on a forklift tire the size of a classic Leyland Mini tire or so.