The problem with TopGear Australia

Sorry Stiggie, I forgot about that episode, but it does open it up like mneiai says. They could get get a range of people who have varied experience in PS2 Vs racing ....
So you'd have Craig Lowndes,
a pimply faced teenager on his L's,
some crusty old geriatric like Father Bob or Ita Buttrose
and Warren Brown (or not).

Of course, Freehand could fuck it up and turn it into another 'which car pulls the chicks?' segment. :rolleyes:

If the AU guys were going to do THAT 'chick pulling' segment,

I'd offer that it could be done....

1. At Bondi Beach or along Manly beachfront ( good visual location with lots of semi-naked bodies in the background )
2. Have a young guy and a middle aged bloke both 'on the pull' to test what attracts the young ladies and the Cougars.
3. Or have a bloke pulling chicks and a good looking woman pulling blokes.
4. Get a microphone and do 'Footy Show'/ Sam Newman style street interviews asking the chicks if they like the car?/ is it all about the car or the bloke?/ what sort of car attracts them?
Because its the people on the street who say the funniest things.
5. After testing all the Mercs and Ferraris and doing the comparisons, wrap the segment up by showing that the woman can pull blokes even in a clapped out 70's Mazda Capella or Corolla.

Theres a few quick ideas that'll make it better than the UK's version.

Last edited:
If the AU guys were going to do THAT 'chick pulling' segment

The AU guys did. TGA 2x07. You could almost hear Pizzati trying his hardest to keep the stomach acids down whilst narrating, poor bugger.

Thanks Tone.
Ahhh.. Series 2... I watched the first few episodes because I love the show, and I avoided the later episodes, for the same reason.

Actually the family refused to watch the later eps with me.

Your comment brings up the possibility that the 3 guys know theyre doing a lame show but are helpless to improve it.

Your comment brings up the possibility that the 3 guys know theyre doing a lame show but are helpless to improve it.

Do you follow Steve Pizzati on Twitter at all? He's a bloody funny guy when he's off the leash ...

@stevepizzati (on Twitter) said:
I wonder if the iPad is any good at absorbing blue liquid?

:lol:

Do you follow Steve Pizzati on Twitter at all? He's a bloody funny guy when he's off the leash ...

Which was obvious at tapings of the show. Steve and Warren were much funnier between takes than they were when they were working from a script.

Which was obvious at tapings of the show. Steve and Warren were much funnier between takes than they were when they were working from a script.

+1

I saw the taping of [02x06] and those 2 were crack ups. What was also really noticable was the way steve and warren got along. It seemed like they genuinely liked each other. (James just didn't seem to fit in the same way). It changed my perception of the show entirely. Can't say I see myself warming to Warne/Newman/Ch9 stooge in the same way!

I reckon a car show with just Brown & Pizzati in it - away from the TG franchise and with lots of latitude for the boys to be themselves - would be fantastic. Those two have a chemistry, which was obvious when I was at the filming of 1x04.

QFT
I was at 2x08 and was pleased when they weren't rolling and saw how Steve and Wazza got along, James did seem out of place. Makes you wonder what they'd be like after a trip like Vietnam or South Africa/America. Those TGUK guys must be awesome to see live. I should have bought a ticket to TG Live :(