The PSP topic folks!!

TVR_Fan

I start off buy saying next expensive thing i be getting for my PSP is this 4GB HDD which can be found here:

http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&page=1&p=18&i=8836&s=7

May leave this until next month or 2 since Christmas is nearly hear, plus i need to keep some money to save up. To go to MPH05 mates.

I be glad when i get this because it means less vids, i want to convert to put on my PSP will not have to be left on my PC most times mates.

Dark_Templer_102 said:
I don't think it looks bad...but it won't fit in my Logtech case thingy anymore

Yeah, I've been tossing up if I should get one. It comes down to the fact that I paid for a nice case....which would then be useless.

Plus the size increase kinda deminishes the PSP's portability. In some pics it looks okay, in others it looks HUGE!

I'm waiting for them to actually come out and get some reviews from sites before I make a final choice.

Seems to be awesome...

Yeah, I've decided to get one. I reached this decision when I had to decide which iso to take off in order to put on a couple of TV shows.

I decided on Namco Museum....whilst I love playing Pac-Man on it I like the other games better. :p

Your saving more cash if you buy the HDD, plus you get a free battery. You can also buy bigger cases you know.

I think i wait until next month to get the HDD now mates.

my bro bougth 3 from japan from our friend that lived there ages ago
280 AUD each yeah so i have one he has one and my older bro has one
ill get some pics later

psp isos rock!

TVR_Fan said:
I so hope a GPS unit comes out for the PSP.

THEN i would consider getting one

that would be cool

are there any plans to do so?

Please, bear in mind that a lot of PSP's have dead pixels,... That's the reason why i don't like it. In some countries the display will only be replaced if there are more than 6 dead pixels :woot: , what?!?! If you had that percentage of dead pixels on your 17" flatscreen, you would have 36 dead pixels!!!! :woot: I think sony really rips you off with the PSP (if you have dead pixels), when you buy something, it's supposed to be GOOD!

Tjitse said:
Please, bear in mind that a lot of PSP's have dead pixels,... That's the reason why i don't like it. In some countries the display will only be replaced if there are more than 6 dead pixels :woot: , what?!?! If you had that percentage of dead pixels on your 17" flatscreen, you would have 36 dead pixels!!!! :woot: I think sony really rips you off with the PSP (if you have dead pixels), when you buy something, it's supposed to be GOOD!

I have a PSP and it IS good, and i have my fair share of dead pixels aswell, but who cares! A couple of dead pixels on the side of the screen wont stop you from having the most fun out of it. games movies pics music, it is GOOD 8)

Well I recently saw a video review of the 4GB HD and this convinced me not to get one.

Whilst it makes it bigger and heavier I can deal with this. But it apparently has long load times and (the thing that closed the deal for me) the fact that it is a conventional HD means that it causes video to skip and stall every 30 seconds or so whilst it plays...which is very annoying and makes it useless for the main feature I would use it for.

Janus said:
Well I recently saw a video review of the 4GB HD and this convinced me not to get one.

Whilst it makes it bigger and heavier I can deal with this. But it apparently has long load times and (the thing that closed the deal for me) the fact that it is a conventional HD means that it causes video to skip and stall every 30 seconds or so whilst it plays...which is very annoying and makes it useless for the main feature I would use it for.

Yeah, I just went with a 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for my PSP, since it allows me to carry some entertainment with me, but if I need more I have a laptop with power adaptor to use instead. I can fit about 6 episodes of Top Gear (in acceptable quality, about 140MB each, not super great, but not bad) on to my 1GB MS.

I also am not concerned with dead pixels. Mine has a couple, but so what, it doesn't detract from the gameplay in any significant way, at least on mine.

i downloaded tokobot recently and it doesnt work on the 1.5 firmware
anyone know how to get it to run without having to upgrade?

I personally don't see the appeal of the PSP... I've got my iPod and my phone and among them they play video and music and I even have GPS on my mobile for my car. The PSP just seems like a waste...