The Quote [NOT FROM FORUMS] Thread

So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

My grandfather had died, and my mother was trying to explain it to me ? Grandpa isn't coming back? No, she said. Not ever again ? And I remember saying, hold everything right fucking there. You went to all the trouble of conceiving me, and giving birth to me, and raising me and clothing me and all ? and you make me cry and things hurt so much and disappointments crush my heart every day and I can't do half the things I want to and sometimes I just want to scream ? and what I've got to look forward to is my body breaking and something flipping off the switch in my head ? I go through all this, and then there's death? What is the motherfucking deal here? I wasn't having this. This was not fair.

I always thought people were essentially bright. Distracted, sure, and weak, and beaten, but never stupid. And then you show them, here's the two people who want to be president. One is evil, but you can deal with him, because he actually harbors beliefs. The other one will tell any lie, wear any mask, to become president, and not only that, he fucking hates you, and he's doing this just so he can make your lives hell. And who do you think they vote for? Stupid.

Did you ever want to set someone's head on fire, just to see what it looked like? Did you ever stand in the street and think to yourself, I could make that nun go blind just by giving her a kiss? Did you ever lay out plans for stitching babies and stray cats into a Perfect New Human? Did you ever stand naked surrounded by people who want your gleaming sperm, squirting frankincense, soma and testosterone from every pore?

If so, then you're the bastard who stole my drugs Friday night. And I'll find you. Oh, yes.

Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis

12852827114_a67ac89cc6_b.jpg

Okay then. That's what I'll do. I'll tell you a story.

Can you hear them?
All these people who lived in terror of you and your judgment. All these people whose ancestors devoted themselves, sacrificed themselves to you.
Can you hear them singing?

Oh you like to think you're a god. But you're not a god. You're just a parasite. Eat now with jealousy and envy and longing for the lives of others.
You feed on them. On the memory of love and loss and birth and death and joy and sorrow, so... so come on then. Take mine. Take my memories.
But I hope you're got a big a big appetite.

Because I've lived a long life. And I've seen a few things. I walked away from the last great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords.
I saw the birth of the universe and watched as time ran out, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No time, no space. Just me!

I walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a madman!
And I watched universes freeze and creation burn! I have seen things you wouldn't believe! I have lost things you will never understand!
And I know things, secrets that must never be told, knowledge that must never be spoken!
Knowledge that will make parasite gods blaze!

So come on then! Take it! Take it all, baby! Have it! You have it all! -

The Doctor. From 'The Rings of Akahaten'

"You want to be loved, lacking that admired, lacking that feared and if all else fails hated and despised. You want to give humans a feeling. The soul shivers when confronted with the emptiness, it wants contact at any cost."

If you are happy there will always be some arsehole trying to piss on your bonfire.

Just console yourself with the thought that there is a good chance he'll burn his dick.

Me, just now.