the random fact game

I think it was fired out of a canon to test an aeroplane's engine and missed. :p

Random fact #C21H23NO5

From 1898 through to 1910 heroin was marketed as a non-addictive morphine substitute and cough suppressant. In 1931 Bayer (a big german pharmaceutical and chemical company) stopped the production, in Germany heroin has been sold normally until 1958 and has been forbidden in 1971.

Heroin was available to drug addicts on prescription (free - via the National Health Service) from Doctors in the UK until about 1971. The only addicts we had were those who picked up the habit abroad, no profit in it you see, no pushers, simple capitalism. ...

Random fact #poopie

The northern hemisphere is hotter when the Earth is furthest away from the sun, and coldest when it's closest to the sun.

Random fact #596738201

In Japan it is often considered attractive for a man to dress as a woman.

Here is a pic of the ex guitarist, Bou, of one of my fave bands, An Cafe, just to show you:
Yes, he's a guy.

bou1.jpg

Last edited:
Random fact #596738201

In Japan it is often considered attractive for a man to dress as a woman.

Here is a pic of the ex guitarist, Bou, of one of my fave bands, An Cafe, just to show you:
Yes, he's a guy.

bou1.jpg

Yo, KaJun! Your calling awaits!

(When will that ever get old?)

^ Haha, yeah, he seems like an Oshare Kei kinda guy. (Hey that rhymes!) lol

Random fact #596738202

"Foosas" from the movie Madagascar are really spelled as Fossa (but still pronouced foosa) and I was really cheesed when I saw how poorly they were represented in the movie. Oh yeah, I knew them before the movie ever came out. :thumbup: :p

Picture time again!
belf_fossa.jpg

Isn't it cute?

Random fact #123-9812a

There is a point near a black hole where light begins to orbit around it. It's called the photon sphere (like photosphere but with an n).

Last edited:
Random Fact #-0

The largest thing a Blue Whale can swallow is a melon.

Random fact #3=6
The DKW 3=6 has it's name due to it's 3-cylinder two stroke engine: it was compared to a 6-cylinder four stroke engine which ignites only every second rotation of the crankshaft, whereas the two-stroke engine ignites after every rotation of the crankshaft, thus both engines ignite three times per crankshaft rotation. Because of this fact it was asserted that the two-stroke engine was working twice as hard per rotation of the engine.

Random Fact #
999_Perspective.png

Have you ever wondered what the plastic bit at the end of your shoelace was called? No? Well too bad. They are known as an "aglet", derived from the French word aguillette, meaning needle.

Random fact #that+1 addendum: 0.9999... equals 1 is unique, and 1.9999.... or 2.999.... etc. do not equal 2 or 3, etc.

(sorry for the obviousness, some people are just too thick to realise that sometimes 0.9999... equals 1 simply means that 0.9999... equals 1)

The worlds third largest car manufacturer now is... Porsche

Well sort of anyway.

VW rose above Ford as the third largest manufacturer over the period of January-August. And Porsche just bought controlling vote at VW...