The RC Cars/Planes/Boats/Helis thread

After almost 3 months the stuff from hobbyking.com arrived:

RC1.jpg

RC2.jpg

Explanation: There is now a small camera mounted in front of the car. It's funny to drive around by video only. Now I just need to build some sort of "bracelet" which I can attach to both my arm and the screen. Initially I wanted to attach the screen to the remote control, but the screen and battery pack would make the remote control too heavy to comfortably use anymore.

RC3.jpg

I quite like modifying the car, so far:

• I've changed the motor,
  • moved the battery around,
  • replaced the stock transmission with a two-speed transmission with a high- and low-gear which can be operated remotely,
  • added a heatsink and fan to keep the more powerful motor cool,
  • made the tires air-filled to give better on-road handling,
  • reworked the electronics in the top cover, including a secondary battery and switch for the LEDs and camera

quads!
I started flying this year. This is the old quad.. the rebuilt version I have now will have photos at some point.
zmr250_prebuilt-20170525.jpg

that silly integrated pdb was heavy and eventually had a short that caused a crash. I bought that pre-built, so it gave me a good excuse to build a new version.

Nice! Race quads are where it's at :) also nothing else will fit into my car anymore

Have you reused the same frame or gone for something more modern? The ZMR250 is a bit dated by now, even without the PDB it's among the heaviest frames. It offers a lot of space, but modern electronics don't really need it.

I actually combined two zmr250 frames I had.. used the arms from the one in the photo because they were a bit beefier and had holes that matched the motors better. The current quad is under 400g dry, iirc.. but I can't recall for sure because I'm not at all good at remembering numbers.

It now has a Lumenier F3 fc, matek pdb, used the same dys xs20 esc's and sunnysky 2207 2300kv motors from the above quad, and I'm using a 600mW vtx and an frsky xsr receiver, and am using a runcam mini now. I have some Cobra 2204 motors to install in place of the Sunnysky motors soon.. those might be having an issue. I've crashed twice when flipping because the quad wants to keep rotating afterward.

from facebook..
20429576_1813242422026489_2697932047103040929_n.jpg

I'll eventually get a new frame, but I just needed something in the air.

Last edited: