The RC Cars/Planes/Boats/Helis thread

350W, 910kv on 3s lipo to start with, that's roughly the equivalent of the stock kit, maybe a tad more. This one I got is from Jamara, but it's identical to what Hobby-Lobby sales in the US as EScale A6M5c.

Awww. Needs more pistons. 'Tis a shame they don't make a radial that small.

Edit: My heli came in the mail yesterday. Been flying it pretty much as often as the battery will allow. First impressions:

Batteries aren't any better now than they were fifteen years ago. I'm still spending an hour waiting for ten minutes of fun. They may be smaller and lighter than ever, they may be packing more power than comperably sized nickel batteries, but they still have the same flaws as far as charging versus running times.

Adorable indoor heli is adorable.

These things are pretty tough too. Much much tougher than their larger cousins.

Tricky to fly, but very stable.

The Rx/ESC/servo combo board has a built-in lipo cutoff wherein it reduces power to about 25% for three or four seconds, then shuts the motors off entirely. I hit this regularly.

The battery connector is tiny.

My cats, all seven of them, are completely entranced by it whenever it's in the air. They will follow it, though none of them paw at it and if it gets within a couple feet they get clear of the rotors. This thing's so small it won't hurt them if they do tangle with it, so I'm not worried.

Verdict so far: Money well spent. I adore the little thing.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;-n5rIWEUh0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5rIWEUh0U[/video]

You just need a better charger/ batteries that can be charged at 5C Testecull.

We have a heli guy who flys with us that can charge 6x of his 6S 5000mah LiPo's in 30mins with some decent batteries and a great whack of a charger.

I charge my 1300mah Dualsky's at 5000mah easy as and its done in 12mins, not bad since run time is around 7mins for each pack.

I got a Cartronic c700 for Christmas, and it was great...for about 10 minutes!
Like this one
After that it was out of juice and youldn't charge. over the controler, or over the pc, just wouldn't charge.
So we returned it, and sadly there were none left to replace.

We'll maybe get some other one, or maybe not.

You just need a better charger/ batteries that can be charged at 5C Testecull.

We have a heli guy who flys with us that can charge 6x of his 6S 5000mah LiPo's in 30mins with some decent batteries and a great whack of a charger.

I charge my 1300mah Dualsky's at 5000mah easy as and its done in 12mins, not bad since run time is around 7mins for each pack.

I'm not going to spend 200 bucks on a heli I only spent 50 on. If I'm going to drop that kind of scratch on a power system for a heli it's gonna be an OS engine and a gallon of 30%.

Painted up this body a few weeks ago

P1210192.jpg

P1210193.jpg

P1210195.jpg

P1210199.jpg

Ignore the huge wheel offset and wheelbase, chassis was set up for another body shell

I got a Cartronic c700 for Christmas, and it was great...for about 10 minutes!
Like this one
After that it was out of juice and youldn't charge. over the controler, or over the pc, just wouldn't charge.
So we returned it, and sadly there were none left to replace.

We'll maybe get some other one, or maybe not.

That's funny, we got two here just before christmas and exactly the same problem. Must of been a bad batch.

Quality always varies a fair bit with these more affordable choppers but I've been pretty luck with mine.

I think I've done too much hooning (donuts, etc) and now my SC10's rear tires are shot. The front tyres, however, are barely worn :lol:

Damn AE for not using identical wheels all round or I could wear the fronts out as well and then get a full set of new tyres.

Anyone here using a Flowtek body?

Dusted off the old TL-01 LA that's been in long term storage. Finally upgraded to a ball bearing set, and am going to get a steel 0.6 pinion to replace the shitty stock one. Should I go 21t or 19t? I think 21t would provide a good balance between acceleration/top speed but I'm a little worried about it chewing through the gears.

Secondly, I'm still using Ni-cd. (unfortunately) I am going to switch to Ni-Mh. (TL-01 chassis can't fit Li-po unfortunately) Can anyone recommend a good Li-po/Ni-mh charger? I am thinking about Hyperion chargers or the Thunder AC6.

Also, I really want a Losi 5ive-T. But don;t have $1600.:cry:

fivetee.png

Last edited:
Found a Losi 8ight 1/8 nitro buggy for $280 with pretty much everything except starter box and glow plug. Kinda tempted.

Do it. Trade the engine with one that's got a pull starter and go nuts.

A nitro 1/8 will certainly be a step up from a 1/10 SC :lol:

The only thing holding me back is nitro maintenance. If you were going to swap engines what would you go for?

Bascially this is what I'll get:

Losi 8ight 1.0
Novarossi P3XS with about 20L on it and still plenty more to go
AXE Rossi pipe/header combo (will add efra numbers here tomorrow)
Fly-Sky GT3B 2.4ghz remote with bearing mod, makes it feel like an expensive radio
JR racing and ACE servos both very quick and strong
1600mAh intellect hump pack battery, no use to me any more with the mugen
3 shells one very good and others are just good for bashing
2 sets of used tyres
New AVID bearings throughout

I can always sell the engine and other stuff later to fund an electric conversion too.

Last edited:
You won't be doing any more maintenance on it than you would your electrics. You'll just swap cleaning one part for cleaning another. Air filter, usually. Oh, and run it out of fuel every time when you're done running.

About to pull the trigger on a second vehicle. Can't decide between the Associated RC10B4.1 or RC10T4.1...

Also wondering if anyone has had issues running Proline tyres on Jconcept Rims. Thinking of getting a set of Rulux rims for the SC10 whilst I'm putting in an order.

Last edited: