The RC Cars/Planes/Boats/Helis thread

TT-01's are a pretty good entry level on road chassis. Id be going for the TT-01R or D spec as, if memory serves, more adjustments available.

I had a chance to drive a TT01 based rally car and it was great fun.

In other news, I hate waiting for my amainhobbies order to arrive. I am itching to put new parts onto my truck and go racing. Also, I was looking to order a $15 servo from hobbypartz and the shipping was $35. WTF - its just a tiny servo :mad:

Last edited:
Ended up getting a Savox 1251MG today - truck now steers like a dream.

Last edited:
You still flying these days?

Still flying my heli. Haven't found somoene to buddybox me on the trainer yet, though, and I can't afford the fuel needed to randomly pop down to the field and hope someone's got a buddycord.

Especially since you now have to fuel a short courst truck too :p

Especially since you now have to fuel a short courst truck too :p

My Ford runs on an entirely different form of liquid gold. lol...actually fueling the SCT wouldn't be an issue. I don't run often enough for the price of 20% to be a dealbreaker.

50 miles each way, 15 to a gallon, 50/50 shot of that trip being of use. You can see why I haven't flown the trainer yet...

I wonder if AE will do a factory team/rs nitro SC10 later.

Most likely if it takes off, and I honest to god hope it does as SCTs need some engine-powered loving, they will. It's based on an RC10GT2 so a lot of the GT2's FT shinies will fit it.

Not to mention short course isnt going anywhere soon. However, every single SC i have seen at the track is electric. Nitro seems to be restricted to touring cars, 1/8 buggy and MT round here.

That's partially becaues NOBODY offers nitro SCs. Before the SC10GT there we had the AE SC8, which was just an RC8 buggy with a truck body on it, the Hyper 10SC, which nobody bought, and the Traxxas Slayer, which was just a revo with SCT suspension and bodies.

Now that we have a proper SCT that's glow powered, and an AE no less, we may very well see a surge of nitro SCTs on the market. Maybe even on the track.

The Slayer is a dog to drive.

sounds like I'd have a blast with it. My NTC3 isn't exactly what I'd call 'precise', and my MT2 handles like a container ship. I like something that's very much a muscle car.

My biggest issues with a Slayer are A: Price, B: TRX 2.5 and 3.3 = not the best engines ever made, and C: Bloody EZ-start.

Whats wrong with ez-start?

They like to not work properly. You end up either A: wearing the one-way out far faster than the one-way on a pull-start engine would, B: bypassing the built-in glow system, or C: removing it entirely and adding a pull start. It's also quite bulky, and I went nitro to get away from having to charge stick packs.

Last edited:
Besides the Slash and Monster Trucks, I haven't really seen a lot of other Traxxas cars like the bandit around. Saw one at the store and it looks kind of interesting for the price.

Saw one of these at the store as well:

hpi-rtr-sprint-2-drift.jpg

Want a street car but I wonder if I should go with a shaft-drive chassis instead since the areas I'd want to run on aren't 100% debris free.

Last edited: