The RC Cars/Planes/Boats/Helis thread

An alternate option would be to buy a used touring car and tune it.

That's precisely what I did. NTC3 worked out well for that. The TC3 even has an AE-made rally conversion kit that just modifies the suspension accordingly.

Found a tt01 rtr for 90. Yay or nay?

Just put a new set of Gladiators on my SC10 and now I can't do donuts anymore :lol:

:lol:

Try slamming reverse while in a fast turn, then just burying the throttle. May be hard on the drivetrain but if that doesn't get the ass end sliding you're not going to get it sliding.

I still find gluing tires annoying - I had a bit of overrun but I spread it around and tried to "seal" the tyre a bit.

I don't even bother. I just put four dots around the bead, flip the tire, turn it 45 degrees, put four more dots on that bead, and done. Tire isn't going to come off that rim when driving, but I can still pop it off if I want to replace it.

What rim are you using?

I wouldn't if it was free. That thing is a holdout from fifteen years ago that Traxxas keeps around for people who want a nitro ST from TRX but can't afford a Rustler instead.

Had a look at one in a store and, I don't know, I guess its okay for young kids getting into the hobby who want something that won't cost heaps to maintain and will be well supported spare-parts wise. Comes with a lot of stuff too which is good for beginners.

Anyway, I've decided this will be my next car:

LosiTebSCTE-4.jpg

LosiTenSCTE-1-400x298.jpg

As much as I want a touring car by the time I stack up the costs its just too much money and I'd be restricted to track-use only. Been to some race meets now and its quiet addictive.

Aww. My touring car isn't track use only. They can be converted to run on dirt without too much work.

Bumpdate: I now own a Super Tiger GS45. It needs a new piston and sleeve, as the previous owner decided to try to break it in with a bit of metal floating around inside the engine. It beat the snot out of the piston crown, bottom of the head, and tore a new canyon into both the sleeve and one side of the piston. There is no other damage, and the engine is quite literally brand new besides. I can clean the head up without too much issue, so that doesn't need to be replaced.

I'm quite impressed by the craftsmanship present. It's a work of art. $44 has a new P/S en route, so that's what I'm gonna do.

Well, that, and:

$1.49 - Circlip set, because you never know when the touchy little sods will decide the wrist pin boss is Kennedy Space Center and they're the final Space Shuttle mission. :glare:
$1.09 - Carb retainer bolt(The nut stripped on me :\)
$4 - Sullivan 4oz fuel tank
$6.39 - Dave Brown motor mount .45-.49
$8.19 - Master Airscrew 10x5 3-blade prop x2

The tank and motor mount are for building a test stand. I've got some 4x4 structural wood sitting around to make the rest of it with. The props? 1 to put on the NexSTAR, one for test stand/airboat/spare for plane/biaebhoehoth bla-de-bla purposes. Never hurts to have a spare prop.

Now the hard part is finding out what I want to use this marvel on. Since it's brand spanking new I might just break it in on a stand and toss it in the NexSTAR, then use the 46AX to abuse the piss out of.

Since I broke the tail on my HoneyBee helicopter last summer, I never got around to do anything more about it. However, I've now got my transmitter working with the Phoenix Simulator, and hopefully that'll help me in getting more comfortable flying the thing. The plan is then to fix up the copter, and try again when the weather improves :)

It's pretty damn hard this is.

Any Mini erevo/ 1-16 Traxxas owners here?

1/16th Slash Brushless here. What's up?

Looking for some upgrade ideas. I have a mini erevo VXL and whilst its fast (wheelies on demand, etc) it traction rolls, flips and generally doesn't go round corners....