Ownership Verified: The red baron! My Donkervoort S8AT, hubby of topless swede and connoisseur of boost!

A Tesla Roadster / something electric is next.

Needs moar speed. :D
5hjA5Gr.jpg

That is so awesome! You sailed under a lucky star to be able to find a car that had already been modified for you. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it!
Thanks! And i will :D

Needs moar speed. :D
5hjA5Gr.jpg
Hah, i've been pondering about getting a bike modified.. But i think i'd kill my self so hilariously fast.

In other news, can't wait for tuesday. Hopefully it passes inspection without an issue :D

Two hours until i should wake up and start preparing for registration etc. today. I'm ready, GoPros are ready, keys hang by the door but i can't sleep for shit.

Wonderful car with perfectly fitting nickname! :cool:

Congrats!

Thanks guys :D. Great news! The car passed inspection with flying colors. It's officially the first Donkervoort in Norway!

Also as promised, here's a video. Sadly i had to work up until the minute i really had to leave, so the GoPros are just chucked on.

It's completely uncut, just put together. The audio is horrible as it sounds like a fan is trying to escape.
Turbo noises are at 5:20, 8:00 and 18:20 with tunnel run acceleration at 11:15.

EDIT: The intro is also a bit sudden and loud, so watch the volume.

I've always asked myself how you deal with your wheelchair on solo drives. Looks impressive. :thumbsup:

The mechanism reminds me a bit of Alex Zanardis WTCC car ....

[video=youtube;awp-S-QiiXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awp-S-QiiXk[/video]

I've always asked myself how you deal with your wheelchair on solo drives. Looks impressive. :thumbsup:
Thanks! It's a bitof a hassle, but worth it :)

Awesome :thumbsup:

Now I understand how the controls work as well, very interesting.
Thanks for sharing that video, it's such a brilliant car. Did you know that bemused-looking person at the start of the video?

Also, how do you work the clutch?
You don't get the whole picture, i'll make a proper video when i get plates on it, and if the weather allows for it. The bemused looking person i donot know, guess we work in the same building but different departments,

As for plates, it'll wait until after new years. New government is more car friendly, and it looks like the import tax gets cut from ?3300 to ?1300 on this car.

The mechanism reminds me a bit of Alex Zanardis WTCC car ....

[video=youtube;awp-S-QiiXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awp-S-QiiXk[/video]
Didn't get around to watch that until now. That is seriously impressive!

Didn't get around to watch that until now. That is seriously impressive!

truly impressive indeed and i think a similiar system could be fabricated for the red Donker.

You would need an second "Ring"/actuator on the steering wheel with simply another wheel bearing behind the first bearing, which will be activated by pushing the ring and a hydraulic piston would produce pressure which will be then fed though a hydraulic line to the master break cylinder. (the pressure of the piston must be potentially higher than the foot operated pedal ... a bit like bike brakes. So less travel for the thumbs and more brake power/pressure (which must be mathed out, Narf ! :p). So you would press the top ring,i think pulling gas is more natural than pushing ... like on a bike, for the brakes and pull a second ring for the gas. The gearbox could stay the same or reworked to be an Dog Engagement gearbox so clutching would only be used to down shift or for lifting of from still stand (see from 2:53 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NC7TcYBXeBc#t=173) or going full Donkervoort with an self built Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG). I know garage guy who build one for his 500HP 4Motion Golf MK1 (1/4 mile setup). Anyway i would use the same technic for the gearknob, a potentiometer like a TPS or an MAF that will actuate a servo (hydraulic or electrik ?) which would actuate the clutch pedal or in an hydraulic case would be directly linked to the gearbox. Then putting all the hydraulics and some other bits and pieces (like circuit borads for the servo and such ) in a case at the end of the drivers footwell where normaly the pedals would be, so other people would have a place to keep their feet and you would have more space that ugly leaver on the right side of your legs could go in the bin. Also a quick release for the steering wheel, so accessing everything (for big guys getting in and out :p ;)) in the car would be easier. :)

This is just a brain storm though ...

Some good ideas, although I'm not sure I understood all of them :p

However, this
So less travel for the thumbs and more brake power/pressure (which must be mathed out, Narf ! :p)
is not possible with a direct master-slave arrangement. If you want shorter travel you need to press harder. If you want a light actuation you need long travel. Because p=F/A ;)

Adrian, and I think this car doesn't have brake booster, correct? Mine doesn't...

So you would press the top ring,i think pulling gas is more natural than pushing ... like on a bike, for the brakes and pull a second ring for the gas.
For sure, pushing to brake is better. But it's a safety device, so having a lever that can be pushed with some strength is almost a necessity, I'd say.

Electrically or hydraulically actuated clutch is fine. But again, you can't have your cake and eat it, to use either you need a motor or a pump. Can't just amplify both the force AND the travel passively.

No brake booster, no. Which is going to kill me one day.

With the clutch engaged, yes barely - fronts only iirc. With the clutch disengaged, currently no - the angle gets very weird. Will look into that.

Here is my brain fart in a doodle, can't explain it properly. But i was more thinking on a passive system with 2 hydraulic cylinders linked though a metal disc with metal rods or leavers on either side actuating some sort of rocker arm on one end( a bit like those old Jag carb sync disks for the double weber carbs etc ...) With almost double the pressure then to the Booster or MBC.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1461224_622166211154736_426486237_n.jpg

1461224_622166211154736_426486237_n.jpg

Here is my brain fart in a doodle, can't explain it properly. But i was more thinking on a passive system with 2 hydraulic cylinders linked though a metal disc with metal rods or leavers on either side actuating some sort of rocker arm on one end( a bit like those old Jag carb sync disks for the double weber carbs etc ...) With almost double the pressure then to the Booster or MBC.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1461224_622166211154736_426486237_n.jpg

1461224_622166211154736_426486237_n.jpg

I think that is an idiotic place to put the brakes. You want something that when you make an emergency stop the stopping force assists you in pressing the brake. Anything short is just lunacy!