Ownership Verified: The red baron! My Donkervoort S8AT, hubby of topless swede and connoisseur of boost!

Last edited:
Even though it's 20 years old, it looks like new. Odometer says the same. Love the colour combo!
Am I right in saying it's an turbocharged Cossy engine?

What do you will reckon it'll go for?

Last edited:
It is indeed. Same as we're (still) putting in mine, just original turbo etc. The guys in the Donkervoort group reckon it'll go for 20-25k on that site, but on modile.de can go for 35-45k and more depending on condition.

Very interesting how the inlet manifold/plenum has been fitted on the blue car. The plenum has been turned around so that the throttle body is on the top of the engine and faces the rear of the car.. Have you arranged any plans regarding the assembly of yours? :)

The one i linked above went for ?23k at auction, then went straight to Mobile where it was advertised and presumably sold for ?42k. There's a mint one for sale now for ?82k too, so the prices are insane atm...

Here's another shiny example - non-turbo though:
http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-s/...8-s8a.html?c=9b26ed2a557deff636f4f8b9c5b7a618

The sales pitch says it's got a DOHC Ford Turbo engine swapped in though?

"In 2001 is er door Donkervoort een nieuwe Turbo Ford DOHC motor in gezet voorzien van dry-sump en aangepaste koeling."

If my guestimation of language is correct, that means a ford engine was swapped into it in 2001 and it's got an aircooled dry-sump of some sort?

Last edited:
aah, so they mean that it was changed in the model then, not that it's what was done with the one they're selling? that's.... random.

So yeah, stuff is happening! Finally we pick up where we left off - a friend of mine has taken on the task of completely disassembling the engine and putting it back together fresh and shiny. To be ready for FG Roadtrip 2016 hopefully! I aim to have it registered July 1st, but that's a bit tight - and of course my luck doesn't play ball, so i may start a new job that same day which means no roadtrip and no spare time. :lol:

But here are pics so far!

Accompanied by his 400+whp M20 turbo E30 in the cleanest garage i've ever seen :D

The carnage has begun! :D

- Bearings have clearly seen better days.

- Airfilter too

- First bit of really bad news - the conrods are Sierra and not Cosworth as hoped

So, extra cost?

your airfilter is so oily, you can be sure no dust will get through!!
not much air either, but that wasn't the question :p

More stuff has happened - all the old electrics are out and the process of putting it all back together began before roadtrip. We quickly realized the intake wouldn't fit:

Here even with the outside bit fitted upside down.

A different (and more efficient) intake was sourced for an OK price, and it fits like a glove!

Engine is timed and everything. Now we're missing a smaller alternator and some piping, bit of wiring and it should be a runner :ninja:

...ok it's a bit more than that, but you get the idea :lol:

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

I really like the way the Gt28 packages with the 4wd exhaust manifold, really tucked in there nicely! (even if the head needed some modifications for it to fit..) Finally the car is getting the engine it deserves :D

If new intake sits, new intake fits!

Now for plumbing, fitting an air filter, boost piping, welding the exhaust back on, finding an alternator that fits and wiring it up...

Update? Update.

As some might have noticed in the previous test-fitment, there's some extra holes by the throttle body. The throttle body was moved to allow better fitment for piping etc.:

- Before

- During

- After

- Fitted

- At which point he noted the throttle cable is too long. Luckily not a very long piece, which can be remade to fit.

- It was also at this point he noted the dipstick tube, which sits just squeezed into the oilpan with no top mounting, has been banging against a brakeline and almost worn a hole through... This will be replaced.

- He's also started the piping process, here replacing a universal pipe with something made to fit perfectly.

Now onto new things!

Like finding an alternator that fits, which the stock one doesn't - here seen adjusted all the way down.