Ownership Verified: The red baron! My Donkervoort S8AT, hubby of topless swede and connoisseur of boost!

More!

- How the alternator was wired in... Not impressed.

- Cosworth distributor doesn't really fit.

- So the old top was made to fit on it - wonder if this'll work?

- At least the cabling is sort of neat.

- New location

- Size comparison. 55A original and 60A Biltema :D

- Making some space.

- Fits!

- Some more parts arriving.

- Old and new actuator. Got this with the turbo for free, might see if i can find a red or silver one...

- As the blue sort of clashes with the rest...

- Filter fitted! Can't really pipe it down to the underside like originally, so it might just stay here.

- Next up some metal has to give way for the actuator :(

- When, in the future, the car gets repainted we'll fill in equally on the backside so the original mesh will fit back in. For now it'll get a flat mesh and a hole for the actuator.

This is coming to RingMeet, right? :D

Maybe :D, are you?

I would leave the blue actuator.
Looks good to have some kind of contrast.

I like how after all the stuff you manage to cram under the bonnet, the only thing that sticks out is the wastegate :lol:

Everything looks the business. When are you firing this monster up?

:nod: :mrgreen: I'll be renting an old BMW motorcycle, so I'll be properly equipped for a ride in that! Still haven't ridden in the E31 yet somehow either in the two times I've seen it, so if you bring the 8, I need a shotgun lap.
Can't promise a ringlap in the 8er, as it's never really been happy to go around the ring. But I offer extended testdrives and rides to anyone who wants to have a go :mrgreen:

I would leave the blue actuator.
Looks good to have some kind of contrast.
)

I like how after all the stuff you manage to cram under the bonnet, the only thing that sticks out is the wastegate :lol:
Everything looks the business. When are you firing this monster up?
I'm afraid it's all going to come out like some endless tube:
giphy.gif

Deadline for driveability is May 14th. The guy working on it hopes to have it done by early March i think, as he wants to work on his own turbo E30.

Can't promise a ringlap in the 8er, as it's never really been happy to go around the ring. But I offer extended testdrives and rides to anyone who wants to have a go :mrgreen:

And yet I never asked. :|

If i recall correctly i did offer! Coming this year?

I don't remember, honestly. Maybe you did. :lol:

I'll try to attend Ringmeet this year. :)

Adrian, you're nuts :lol:

And it's going to be awesome! Are you sure the wastegate actuator is the most aerodynamic available? :D

And it's going to be awesome! Are you sure the wastegate actuator is the most aerodynamic available? :D
The car has some vents like this:
cyNyB3o.png

In the front already. When in the future i repaint the car we might redo the bonnet to incorporate something styled similarly in addition to the "bulge"/netting already there.

- Expansion tank gains stainless tubing

He found, luckily before cutting into the bonnet, another way to do it better - and hidden.

- Next hitch, redoing the mounting for the throttle cable. It needs to go the other way. Currently mounts to the ball where he has his finger.

"Bare r?r i dag..." - Ole Martin
[SUP](both of these are very underrated norwegian jokes)[/SUP]

You can click all of these for fullsizes...

He quit around midnight letting me know his wife was literally on the phone calling him from bed wondering where he was :lol:
Massive respect to him - i never in my life thought i'd find someone who takes care of other peoples projects like he takes care of his own like this. On top of the work he does, he takes awesome pictures in the process. I have no words for what he's putting into this, and it would NEVER be as good as this without him and Posmo. Massive props to both. :bow:

It needs a Donkerworth badge.

Geez, how have I managed to miss this thread! This will be fairly awesome! :D

I was looking at your intercooler piping, do you have, err, small thickening in ends of those pipes which are connected with silicone couplers? (Huullokset in Finnish, I have no idea how to say it in English)
Without those it is possible that your pipes pop out of place on high boost. Although it seems that your piping doesn't really have much space to move, but still better safe than sorry with those.