The red Golf MK-6

Hmm well,

it says it would take about 5,7l so far, which is okay. The engine hasn't run so much ... after~1500km the consumption will go down.

And there won't be an RCD510 for me... :( I think its gonna be a 3rd company radio with double DIN ... ny ideas?

How did you manage to find an almost new car with no radio and no alloys?

FYI friend of mine paid 21k for a 350Z with ~300hp, huge rims and a big stereo.

Edit: for 20,375 ? you can get a NEW Golf 6 Comfortline with 105 hp which has alloys and a radio as standard. Among other things.

Last edited:
How did you manage to find an almost new car with no radio and no alloys?

FYI friend of mine paid 21k for a 350Z with ~300hp, huge rims and a big stereo.

Edit: for 20,375 ? you can get a NEW Golf 6 Comfortline with 105 hp which has alloys and a radio as standard. Among other things.

You can see the reason in the first post. The 19k listed there is its list price, not the price he paid for it.

...except for the unlisted financial checkbox :tease:

The joke wasn't that he should have bought a GTI if he wanted all those things; the joke was that if my car weren't white I would practically have to give it away to him since it would otherwise be his perfect automobile. ;)

And there won't be an RCD510 for me... :( I think its gonna be a 3rd company radio with double DIN ... ny ideas?

Why the sad face?

Stock radios are usually junk, and your car already comes with a 2-to-1 DIN converter so all you need to do is find a headunit that decently matches your interior. This might sound like a tough task but it's quite doable, I had an Alpine in my RSX that matched perfectly - the plastic bits were an almost exact match for the car's trim pieces and the LEDs let you choose from like 512 colours so I matched them to my car's interior lights.

Especially since you seemed interested in satnav, aftermarket seems like a good choice. The VW satnav system is slow and clunky, not to mention seriously overpriced (like all other factory nav options).

Stock radios are win. I find it more important for a head unit to fit the dash design than to actually sound good. :p

I'm seriously OCD, if I'm okay with a matched aftermarket then most people should not mind either. :p

It wouldn't have looked that great if he had the stock anyway since it would just be the 1-DIN on his trim, so you'd still have that plastic cubby in there ruining the look.

Well, i'd prefer an original one aswell,

but original speakers and an original 310 radio (without anything) are about 600? excl. work

and a proper aftermarket radio with bluetooth, iPod Connection and some good speakers would be at about 400?, excluding working costs of course...

All aftermarket components would be new, the 310 would be used.

Would you get steering wheel controls if you buy an RCD310?

I doubt it, my vote still goes for aftermarket then. Nothing will ever match like factory but there's little sense in paying more for less.

Would you get steering wheel controls if you buy an RCD310?

I doubt it, my vote still goes for aftermarket then. Nothing will ever match like factory but there's little sense in paying more for less.

Without a new wheel that actually has buttons it's unlikely.

I even could get a 210 and than a new wheel, thats not the problem.

A leathered wheel will come soon anyways, but for now I just want a radio ....:D

More & more updates will come sooon !

Golf goez HiFi : Day 1
Before :

foto13ehit.jpg

First , choose a Headunit which you may like.
foto42nits.jpg

I only put this in to see what its gonna look like...

I chose this one, because...er... I got it from a friend, he bought a Satnav... But its got USB, AUX-In - two things more than any 600? original Radio by VW would have..... and it was free. I myself don't like the look of it either, but hey- its not for ever ;)

A quick look into the console, and as you see you can't see a bloody thing. No wires at all....

Next you go out and buy some speakers... I went for ones by Alpine for 99? , after that you buy some wires and go back to the car.

After taking of the panelling I saw this sticker. It definitely shows, that it only is a stereotype that germans haven't got a sense of humour , isn't true.... :D
foto52zhuk.jpg

The wire leading tube is no good, a normal wire wouldn't fit through, or , at least I wasn't in the mood to do it, so I built it togheter, and on tuesday I'll have it done.
All in all the Parts and the Radio will cost me 300?(incl. Work) - half of the price of a basic Radio at VW without any USB or Auxiliary Connections and only [rubbish] speakers in the front doors. There you go, wasnt so bad , was it?