• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

the rotary engine explained

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
i already posted this link in another thread, but that one probably didn't get any visits

i think everyone knows the basics about rotary engines, how they work etc. but this text explains all the things people are confused about. the text should be arbitrary! they should give at school, so that all the misconceptions about rotary engines can be dealt with

-explains why it's a 6 stroke engine
-explains why it's a 1.3l, but also a 2.6 and actually a 3.9
-explains why it lacks torque and good mileage
-explains why the renesis is supposed to be so good

read here

That article is great. It explains everything in basic terms that everybody can understand.

Now, nobody on this forum has an excuse for not knowing the inner workings of rotary engines now.

and i bet you, hardly anyone will read the text, the thread hardly had 30 views over a days period.

but i'm sure next time a discussion about the rotary engine comes up, we'll be reading the biggest crap again :roll:

it doesn't have ferrari badge or hasn't been covered on top gear so it's trivial :thumbsdown:

The text is interesting, although I like Rotary engines anyway, since I love high revs. :) The problems with them really is that they are still relative expensive and too rare. Only the RX8 has one at the moment and that isnt even that good selling.

hajj said:
The text is interesting, although I like Rotary engines anyway, since I love high revs. :) The problems with them really is that they are still relative expensive and too rare. Only the RX8 has one at the moment and that isnt even that good selling.
it is selling pretty decently here. it is a fantastic car, only wish it had a little more torque and a little bit better gas mileage.
the article was pretty good. anyone here should be able to understand it, even i did! :shock:

Thank you for posting that! Nobody believes me when I say that a rotary engine can variable displacement. Now to have childish, petty revenge on another forum. :twisted:

The best article i have ever read about Rotaries is the HowStuffWorks one. It's really excellent. With animations.

ahahahahhahahahahahaha... wankel.... :lol:

im such a child...

great article by the way. but i agree that i like the howstuffworks article. lots of pictures!
3.9 litres? strange but now i understand...

flyingfridge said:
The best article i have ever read about Rotaries is the HowStuffWorks one. It's really excellent. With animations.

howstuffworks is pretty good, but only goes into the basics, if you're looking for special sth about a subject, you hardly find your answer there

but i was realy dissapointed at that site when they made an article on the "light saber" :thumbsdown: