The roush stage 3 mustang

biddy

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Nissan Sentra SER
Hey guys i was wondering if someone could help me out with some info on the Roush stage 3 mustang.

LONG story short ... i am pritty sure a dealer here is selling a fake!!! ( it jsut .... well didnt look right )

but .... i'm no expert so

i turn to you.

What should i specifically looking for?

Go to the Roush website and look at the specs.

I believe there is usually a plaque somewhere on the car telling what it is.. I know Shelby's usually have that with Carroll Shelby's signature, there must be a similar way to identify a Roush.

The brakes maybe, should be a big slotted disc, with maybe red caliper. It just one of those things people fail to change.

Last edited:
The brakes maybe, should be a big slotted disc, with a red caliper. It just one of those things people fail to change.

yea thats one this we called them on lol - they said it was an "upgrade" ...... though i am pritty sure its standard with the roush!

and they said they could put the badges on after lmao

i am going to go down tomorrow and play the dumb girl looking at the car thing and get pics lol

Remember: this is stage 3...there were two other Roush "upgraded" mustangs before it.

Also, a co-worker bought a Stage 2, and ended up upgrading the brakes, removing the Roush-esque calipers...

Although, so far the 3 I've seen at dealerships were fakes, so I wouldn't be suprised.

Remember: this is stage 3...there were two other Roush "upgraded" mustangs before it.

Also, a co-worker bought a Stage 2, and ended up upgrading the brakes, removing the Roush-esque calipers...

Although, so far the 3 I've seen at dealerships were fakes, so I wouldn't be suprised.

hmmm - i will try to get some piccys and post them

the crappy thing is ... if it wasnt fake my BF's dad would buy it lol

Go get a man from Roush, get him with you as your boyfriend for a "road test", film it with your mobile. You know what I'm talking about. :p

I have a friend that works for Roush Canada

Courtesy of Jack Roush, the new and improved Stage 3 Mustang comes through packing a whopping 415 horsepower and 385 ft./lbs. of torque! This power comes from a powerfully engineered ROUSHcharger system on the 3-valve 4.6L V8.

Jack Roush says it best: ?This is the best Mustang we have ever built.?

The Stage 3 ROUSH Mustang gets its extra pep via the intercooled supercharger, ROUSH-calibrated ECM, and other supporting modifications. With these modifications, the ROUSH Stage 3 gets a 115 horsepower and 65 ft./lbs. torque increase over the stock ratings. As Roush is known for creating superbly handling vehicles, the 2007 Stage 3 is capable of pulling 1g on the skidpad with aid from suspension modifications. With engineered and tuned front struts, rear shocks, front and rear springs, front and rear swaybars, and a bigger 14?, 2 piece rotor, 4-piston caliper brake setup, this Mustang can handle with the best of them right out of the box!

As typical to the Roush legacy, a full 7-piece urethane body kit is included for the Stage 3. This includes a front fascia, a front chin spoiler, hood scoop, rocker panels, rear fascia, and rear wing professional installed by Roush technicians. Also included are lower valence fog lights, 18? forged wheels, high performance tires, leather seat covers, embroidered floor mats, billet aluminum pedals, and a Stage 3 electro-luminescent white face gauge cluster. Roush badging is appearant througout the car and a serialized plaque is included in the engine bay. Available options include exterior racing stripes, interior trim kits, locking lug nuts, trunk tool kit, and a short throw shifter with a billet aluminum knob.

The Stage 1 and Stage 2 Roush options are also available for those not wanting the entire performance package, and as with all Roush Mustangs, a 3-year/36,000 mile warranty is included.

http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_st3.shtml

ms3_ylw_3533_big.jpg

ms3_ylw_3519_big.jpg

ms3_ylw_3663_big.jpg

comp_m3_super.jpg
comp_m3_wheel.jpg

comp_m3_rear_badge.jpg
comp_m3_gauges.jpg

comp_m3_plaque.jpg
comp_m_shifterarm_black.jpg

comp_m3_toolbox.jpg
comp_m3_badge.jpg

Jack Roush issued the engineering team at ROUSH Industries a challenge - "Design and engineer a true high performance, reliable and exciting Mustang, true Muscle Car, and I will see that America will get it." They delivered the ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang ? a winning combination of affordable performance and OEM quality - designed, engineered and manufactured with the motorsports legacy of ROUSH Racing and the technical expertise of ROUSH Industries. The Stage 3 combines increased horsepower and torque with carefully engineered changes to suspension, braking, and body systems. The result - unbridled performance with the superb handling of a true thoroughbred.

CORE COMPONENTS - $21,000 + S&H
ROUSHcharged 4.6L powertrain system
ROUSH 7 Piece Aerobody Kit
Lower Valance Fog Lamps
ROUSH 18-Inch Forged Chrome Wheel & Ultra-High Performance Tires
ROUSH Rear Exit High Performance Exhaust w/ Chromed Tips
ROUSH Fender Badges
ROUSH Decklid Emblem
ROUSH Embroidered Floor Mats
ROUSH Front Windshield Banner
ROUSH Billet Aluminum Shifter Handle
ROUSH Pedals w/ Dead Pedal
ROUSH Stage 3 White Face Gauge Cluster
ROUSH Stage 3 Sport Leather Seating
ROUSH Suspension System
ROUSH Brake Kit
ROUSH Serialized Engine Bay Plaque
OPTIONAL COMPONENTS
Mustang Racing Stripes - $530
Interior Dash Trim Kit - $350
Quarter Window Louvers - $315
Rear Window Louvers - $875
Locking Lug Nuts - $60
Convertible Light Bar - $910
Billet Aluminum Shift Knob w/ Grips - $63
Short Throw Shifter - $340
Short Throw Shifter w/ Chrome Shifter Arm and White Ball Knob - $445
Short Throw Shifter w/ Chrome Shifter Arm and Black Ball Knob - $445
Trunk Mounted Tool Kit - $295
Door Sill Plates - $57

You can probably get the VIN and call Roush and ask them to check if it's real, if it isn't then I'd report the dealer to Roush.

Last edited:
If it isn't a real one, Roush should sue them as much as possible....what a nerve!

cool thanks for all of the info :) i will let you know ...

hopefully i can sneek some pics

The trouble is that I believe you can purchase a number of the components from Roush and install them yourselves -- a dealer may well have done that. But regardless, that doesn't make it a "Roush Stage X" car, but rather a "Mustang with Roush mods just like a Stage 3" which is entirely different to an enthusiast.

But I agree, you just take the ID off the nameplate and give Roush a call, and I assume they can check almost instantly. Back in the day I did that with a Saleen-modified car.

Steve