The saga of James May and his 'shirts'

My girlfriend has admitted to having a very slight crush on James. I think his shirts are somehow hypnotizing her. :D

Yeah, especially the bit about his "chiseled abs" and "toned muscles". This is James May we're talking about here, the only tone he has is musical.

I don't know about ciseled abs and toned muscles, I will have to go back to look, but his butt looks good.

Video now on the youtube Top Gear channel

[video=youtube;wsqqy-VoLcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqqy-VoLcg[/video]

Last edited:
And the award for missing the point of being James May goes to...

He actually wears this shirt in the introduction of the botswana special with a black diner jacket. I watched that episode a lot, just to be sure that what I was watching was James wearing a Hawaiian shirt with a diner jacket. Furthermore this episode was first aired in November! Not the best time to be wearing such a shirt.
Then again I don't know anyone else in the world who can pull of this type of shirt! But somehow I forgive him for wearing that!

We need a vote on what the Worst Shirt Ever is.

I nominate this abomination:

24gnmzr.png

I mean, I love his shirts, but this looks like someone vomited technicolor on him. :p

cheshire-cat-4.preview.jpg

I knew there was a conspiracy plot behind all this.
I knew I've seen James May somewhere else getting fat.

Could be worst. He could be wearing one of these:

Simple_Cheshire_Cat_Hoodie_by_calgarycosplay.jpg

It doesn't matter. We all know James May is the sharp dressed men.

Last edited:
lol, article on Jalopnik

Holy Crap, It's James May With Short Hair

k-bigpic.jpg

James May will always be known for his amazingly terrible shirts, stripey jumpers, and 'I don't give a shit' long hair. And holy crap here he is with short hair and he looks like a sloth.

User Caverndish on Reddit's r/TopGear dug up this picture, likely from around 1996 given the Ferrari 550 in the background. Pretty quickly, things degenerated in the thread and the sloth comparison developed

Reminds me of Jim Carrey as Lloyd Christmas :lol:

LloydChristmas_crop_340x234.gif

And look, in the upper left, a Fiat Panda! Or a SEAT Marbera, but same thing.

Have you noticed this?

04x03 (?100 car challenge)
http://img5.imageshack.**/img5/4885/d6c5.png

04x05
http://img594.imageshack.**/img594/6275/pzsr.png

I hate imageshack... Is there a better, less-irritating service?

Hammond and May also have another shirt in common. The black Jumper with the black and white ribbon across the shoulders.

I also noticed that he also wore clothes with floral pattern. I've seen it in Man Lab a few times.....that makes him genuinely James May...

Any idea what kind of jacket May was covering his shirt with in the last episode during the caravaning segment? Never thought I'd be curious about buying something May wears on the show...

Yeah, that's come up before here and there. James and Jeremy have also been spotted wearing same or similar shirts, sometimes simultaneously, like on 20x03 (in Spain).

I thought I was the only one that thought Jeremy had been raiding James' closet.