The same lady at every Top Gear? or....

Robeyboby would be able to tell you more, but I suspect that they do so many takes that after a while the crowd must get tired of laughing at the same gag over and over. Besides, I imagine that the soundtrack wouldn't sound too good on its own and they need to dub certain aspects. Ever bought a live DVD of your favourite band? Same story there. The soundtrack needs editing to cut out the crap and enhance other aspects.
Agree completely. And non-instrumental song, live album, sounds horrible. The singers sound nothing like they do on the official recording.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMlYuODkG0E[/YOUTUBE]

Just to prove my point....listen for the lady's laugh after Richard says Nisan Micra something something(0:37)...and btw after that you may want to turn the volume down...there is a little bit of swearing later on in the clip as f1freak said two posts up. (It's an uncensored news uncut of season 10 e1).

Last edited:
Hang on a second.......

There's nigh on 500 people in the audience, which is supposed to be 50:50 split male/female according to Applause Store's website, most of whom will be quite young. Law of averages says that out of 250 women mostly under 40 at least one will have a high-pitched laugh.

On the other hand since the show got so popular many of the people there will simply have gone because it's popular and for the day out and may not get or enjoy half of the car-related jokes in the news so perhaps they are dubbing laughter on for certain gags. I seem to recall Jezza's column a while back moaning that one week they might as well have had cows in the hangar for all the reaction they got, and as the saying goes "you're only as good as your audience", so if they have to bolster the soundtrack from time to time then so be it.

However as mentioned earlier in this thread we're usually too busy cracking up to even notice. Frankly if you watch/re-watch a show to try to identify canned laughter that really is taking obsession to a whole other level, but if that applies to you then I salute your absolute dedication.

Just watch the series 1 in studio segments, with-out the canned laughter it's dull as hell.

But I love Wednesdays and the buzz of a studio, standing there wondering why no one?s laughing at your jokes and speculating on how big the laugh will be when it?s dubbed on afterwards.

*sigh*

Not much else to say that I disagree with the way they spend 1/2 year on making a ton of "falling over and crashing" movies and 1 1/4 car reviews.

Last edited: