The Sebring is dead! Long live the 200!

Holy Hyundai Genesis sedan grille Batman!

It looks alright, better than the Sebring, but it just looks like the Sebring with new front and rear styling. I like the new logo, though.

It will be replaced in 2-3 years with a new vehicle based on an Italian chassis.

See "Internet Fuckwad Theory" and "Autoblog" and how they relate. Anonymous user on blog suddenly becomes industry genius.

That's the case on any forum as well.

Looks like FIAT hates Europe:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/15/chrysler-200-to-spawn-european-lancia-model/

Rumor has it that Fiat is looking to push the Chrysler 200 into a handful of markets around the globe. According to Automotive News, the Italian automaker has its sight set on reworking the car into Lancia and introducing it in mainland Europe. At the same time, the standard Chrysler 200 may debut in the UK and Ireland. Interestingly enough, Fiat isn't mulling the move because it thinks that the 200 can go head to head with the rest of the small car. Instead, the company is hoping to bolster its fleet sales in various European markets.

That's not to say that the deal is set in stone at this point. The Chrysler 200 has a major chink in its armor when it comes to doing battle in Europe ? it doesn't come with a diesel option. With only two gasoline engine options, Fiat would have to source its own oil-burning powerplant to make the ploy work. Throw in the fact that the car is set to be replaced in three years and the likelihood of seeing the 200 in Europe is slimmer yet. Still, the company says that it's currently looking at the numbers to see if there's a solid business case for the move.

I actually quite like the exterior of this.

This, coming from someone who has spent entirely too much of his life in the back seat of a rental-agency Sebring.

The real test will be when we get to drive it. (Hopefully, not starting in an airport parking lot.)

This, coming from someone who has spent entirely too much of his life in the back seat of a rental-agency Sebring.

That's an expensive fetish.

Apparently Chrysler is thinking of some two tone paint scheme's for the 200:

Autoblog said:
Francois also revealed that Chrysler could begin implementing a new two-tone paint system for the 200 sometime soon. The trick would be similar to what is currently seen in the Lancia line, with the roof dipped in black paint and the lower realms slathered in white. The treatment certainly classes up vehicles like the Lancia Delta, but it also adds about 6 additional hours to the paint process. Momma never said looking good was easy.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/13/2012-chrysler-200-convertible-to-bow-at-new-york-auto-show/

IDK about that....

Still looks better than the Accord and Camry...

The two tone idea is clever, since it would sort of hide the worst looking part of the exterior.

Please just die Chrysler. I would rather have pure Fiat products in America.

I would disagree:
2008_ZB_Viper_SRT-10_blue.jpg

Their RWD cars have potential. Shit like the 200 are necessary until they can get new products out. Daimler fucked them over hard.

I would disagree:
2008_ZB_Viper_SRT-10_blue.jpg

Their RWD cars have potential. Shit like the 200 are necessary until they can get new products out. Daimler fucked them over hard.

Yeah really. Personally, I'd kill off everything but the trucks, the Caravan, the Viper, the Challenger and Charger and maybe leave the Avenger cause i've always had an odd liking for it. The rest can die in a fire.

FIAT will be doing pretty much just that.

That character line running along the side is horrible. I think it looks a lot like an uglier Suzuki Kizashi.

2010-suzuki-kizashi-1.jpg

Chrysler-200_2011_photo_03.jpg

Yeah really. Personally, I'd kill off everything but the trucks, the Caravan, the Viper, the Challenger and Charger and maybe leave the Avenger cause i've always had an odd liking for it. The rest can die in a fire.

Aren't you forgetting the 300 and Wrangler?
Unless you're including Jeeps within "trucks" which I associate with the Ram lineup.

Interior shot:
26-2011-chrysler-200-first-drive.jpg

It's improved.