The Several Hours of FLeMons

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
Corkboard FLeMons.jpg

Yep, this idea had a surprising amount of interest, so here it is, rind and all.

So what's this all about then?

FinalGear has been involved with LeMons for years, and I've always liked the idea of bringing it to a game. I've mainly been stumped for ideas but now we've collectively come up with a race series that could work. This should hopefully be as close to LeMons as we can get with current games.

Rules

This is still WIP and is subject to change, but currently the rules are as follows:

The car:

• PI is limited to 275, class E. This excludes the required modifications (see below).
  • The following modifications must be done:
    • Brakes must be Sport
    • Suspension must be Sport or Race
    • Full Roll Cage must be fitted
    • Weight reduction must be level 3
  • Any other modifications will contribute to the E275 limit. What is allowed:
    • All engine upgrades
    • Anti-roll bars
    • Tyre compound to Street or Sport
    • Wheel changes including wheel size
    • All bodywork upgrades
    • Aspiration Changes
  • What is not allowed:
    • All transmission modifications
    • Tyre width changes
    • Engine changes
    • Drive changes

Design is a big part of this, go mad. You must include the FLeMons logo somewhere though, which will shortly be available on my Storefront for a small fee, which will be used to buy prizes.

The driver:

• ABS must be off
  • STC must be off
  • TC must be off
  • Steering must be normal or simulation

These will be enforced by the game setup. Ideally the HUD should be turned off or only set to show lap times, with the driver only using cockpit view. These will not be enforced.

The Races:

• Races will last for 1 hour, timed by the game
  • Positions are measured by distance between cars.
  • The winner is the driver to cross the line in first place (having covered the greatest distance)
  • Currently there is no 'Peoples choice' or 'Peoples curse' but I'm thinking about it.
  • I'm also considering prizes, and in the spirit of LeMons this will be a moderate prize, paid in many small chunks (think 25 or more Citroen C1s with a total value equalling the prize money)

All tracks are possible, I have done all my testing using the Infineon NASCAR circuit.

Please register interest below so I can add you to this list:

Ze List

• KaJuN
  • Thevictor
  • Der Stig
  • Wheelz
  • Clegko
  • Chaos
  • CrazyRussian
  • tobbZzen
  • Matchan_3
  • Burn (maybe)
  • Aaybad1
  • Devil500
  • Donington

Last edited:
So you get your car up to 275 PI, then install all the required mods?

Do I have to be in the Final Gear Car Club?

If not - Sign me up :)

Nope you don't need to be in the club, just let me know your gamertag. Glad to have you with us. :)

OK, we've got 10 names already, 11 including me. Maximum cars in a race is 16 so only 5 places left for the first race!

Last edited:
If its on a Saturday or Sunday I'm game, probably. I never know if I work on the weekend until late in the week.

GT Aay Bad One

If its on a Saturday or Sunday I'm game, probably. I never know if I work on the weekend until late in the week.

GT Aay Bad One

It'll probably be a weekend so I'll put you on the list. :)

Are we allowed to upgrade the differentials, or is that considered a driveline/trans change?

That comes under drivetrain so no that's not allowed. Can't have you cornering in a dignified fashion can we? :p

Plus an LSD is fairly unlikely to be chosen for a LeMons car. :)

Gamertag is Crunchy16 if you don't have it already - I've got a few car ideas. Just to make sure I understand this, we tune the car to 275 PI then apply the "required" mods, and whatever PI results after that is inconsequential?

i just noticed something, its tire not tyre. unless it was on purpose.
aww, no ABS, i guess i cant brake hard at the last second, is the braking line gonna be on, that will help me if i use no ABS so i dont over skid

Last edited:
So essentially the car is 275 PI plus the required mods, which will bump it up a class? Count me in gamer tag is: redbullny96. What time are we racing?

I just also wanted to say that I don't know wether I will have time to race or not, can tell that a few days before, so in that case someone else could take my spot...

This is awkward, I can get the Jeep Rubicon around Infineon Nascar a full second faster than any other car I've tried in FLemons spec. It just has a minor rollover issue. And understeer. And snap oversteer.

This is awkward, I can get the Jeep Rubicon around Infineon Nascar a full second faster than any other car I've tried in FLemons spec. It just has a minor rollover issue. And understeer. And snap oversteer.

Brilliant. Driving it for an hour without crashing should be interesting.