11.jpg
10.jpg
05.jpg
07.jpg
06.jpg
02.jpg
08.jpg
12.jpg

If only I had been fast enough for the backwards bacon logo to have been of use. Stupid hybrid. Also stupid lack of driving ability. Lol.

Out of curiosity, how many of you use a wheel? I've tried racing with a controller when I'm too lazy to bring my whole setup on to my desk, and I find it darn near impossible to even keep it on the track.:lol: Any of you that use controllers, I don't know how you do it, but you make it look easy. :cool:

Out of curiosity, how many of you use a wheel? I've tried racing with a controller when I'm too lazy to bring my whole setup on to my desk, and I find it darn near impossible to even keep it on the track.:lol: Any of you that use controllers, I don't know how you do it, but you make it look easy. :cool:

I've tried a Fanatec, but I have to have it in 720 degree mode to manage anything and it wasn't very securely mounted. In full 900 I can't catch a slide to save my life.

I can drive just fine with my G25 in GT5 so I'm not sure why Forza is different. But in GT5 I have trouble steering with the controller. Probably just down to what I am used to :dunno:

The main problem I have with the Fanatec is it tends to injure me when I am too rough with it, there are too many protrusions to catch my fingers on :?

I use a controller. It even died on me in the middle of our post-race races. :lol: I never even thought about buying a wheel. :p

I've tried a Fanatec, but I have to have it in 720 degree mode to manage anything and it wasn't very securely mounted. In full 900 I can't catch a slide to save my life.

I can drive just fine with my G25 in GT5 so I'm not sure why Forza is different. But in GT5 I have trouble steering with the controller. Probably just down to what I am used to :dunno:

The main problem I have with the Fanatec is it tends to injure me when I am too rough with it, there are too many protrusions to catch my fingers on :?

Which Fanatec did you try? I have the Forza 4 one and it has a nice locking mechanism on the bottom to just clamp to my desk. I tend to use only about 270 degrees of rotation so it steers really quick, and also probably eliminates the injury because it doesn't really turn too far.:lol: Shame though that the G25 doesn't work on the Xbox, otherwise I would have probably bought that, but I am just loving this Fanatec all the same. Sure as heck beats my old MadCatz wheel in every aspect.

The steering is messed up in Forza at 900 degrees. 720 feels more like a real car. I usually use 540 for GT race cars, and 480 for LMPs and sports racers.

I use a controller. I have a wheel, but sadly it doesn't work with the Xbox. Stupid G27. $200 wheel and it doesn't have compatibility with the Xbox.

I think either way I would suck though haha. I'd love to try a wheel, but have no provisions for it. I am not getting another either. :lol:

I've thought of buying a wheel but it never happened, I'm quite happy using the controller. Mine is more than 6 years old and is nicely worn in, probably quite slack compared to a new one.

I forget the name of the Fanatec I used but it was the Forza 4 branded one, the mounting issue was that I have a nice stand for my G25 but the Fanatec was just clamped to a wobbly table in front of the TV :lol:

It did have a ton of settings and works on PS3 so maybe a trade in is in order :hmm:

i use a controller, tried to get into a wheel but cant get a good mounted surface and i am impatient to adjust and learn to drive with it so, and i just bought a new controller with a fan built in it to keep my hands cool just for the hours of flemons and gt3 races here.

So where is the race going to be this week? I was almost going to suggest Rally di Positano. Almost. Instead, I would like to put up for your consideration Hockenheim. Well, one of the shorter ones, National or short circuit.

So where is the race going to be this week? I was almost going to suggest Rally di Positano. Almost. Instead, I would like to put up for your consideration Hockenheim. Well, one of the shorter ones, National or short circuit.

The Problem with Rally di Positano is that there isn't any pits and it will be needed on that track or else it will be the slowest race in history, due to everybody will most probably crash in the first turn :p.
But Hockenheim sounds great, haven't been racing that much on those tracks so it will be a challange if we go for on of the track.

Hockenheim sounds good, I need to do a few laps first though to decide. I'm avoiding pitless tracks completely for anything but the after-race party races, Sebring was a disaster. :lol: I don't know what car I'll be driving either, I love my Beetle but it is quite boring to drive. Maybe I'll give some American Muscle a try and throw in a slushbox just for added entertainment.

I've been looking at the Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals, it's incredibly tempting but I need to be at least slightly sensible and save my money.

You might be wondering how long Flemons is going to keep going for. Me too. When it starts to wind down I'm hoping to plan a final 2 hour race (it could work with a pit lane), and the winner of this race will get the 40 Pintos. :D

Last edited:
The Problem with Rally di Positano is that there isn't any pits and it will be needed on that track or else it will be the slowest race in history, due to everybody will most probably crash in the first turn :p.
Sorry, my bland attempt at humor didn't come across as I had hoped. :lol: I know there are no pits.

Matt2000 said:
You might be wondering how long Flemons is going to keep going for. Me too. When it starts to wind down I'm hoping to plan a final 2 hour race (it could work with a pit lane), and the winner of this race will get the 40 Pintos.
:( That will be a sad day. Any other time I play online, it's never quite as fun. But maybe we can get some of these after race series ideas going. Historic, NASCAR, and whatnot races.

:( That will be a sad day. Any other time I play online, it's never quite as fun. But maybe we can get some of these after race series ideas going. Historic, NASCAR, and whatnot races.

Oh don't worry we'll still be racing, just in a different form. :)