The Several Hours of FLeMons

Also a 10-15% reduction in power would be fine as well, seeing as they're supposed to be LeMons cars anyway.

Had a play with the power and grip reductions, not massively conclusive as I was falling asleep and crashing but we can give it a try. :)

I have noticed one thing with this, there is almost too many cars to choose from. Thinking about sticking with my GTV, but in same time I want to try something new. :)

Well, I know this is quite late on in the week but FLemons HQ is proud to announce the new winter 2012 rules. Please read carefully.

As you know the PI limit before the required mods has been increased to 425. However, the required mods have been changed. Now you only need to have a racing roll cage and at least a sport weight reduction. You are still free to install upgraded brakes up to Sport, suspension up to racing and racing weight reduction. The weight reduction brings its own problem though, and here's how we fix it.

The PI limit per car is, as before, C425 plus Sport brakes, Racing suspension, racing racing roll cage and racing weight reduction. What you fit from that is up to you, within the new required mods mentioned above. If you chose not to fit upgraded brakes, suspension or the racing weight reduction, you can use that PI elsewhere, again within the existing rules.

For example, modifications are done up to 425. The previous required modifications are then added and the car reaches 480. It can be left like that, but let's say the brakes suspension and weight reduction are reduced to the minimum. This releases 30 PI points, and an upgraded turbo is fitted to go back up to 480. As with the old required upgrades this is different for every car, so is much more unpredictable than having a fixed PI limit.

So to recap:
Top end PI: C425 + old required mods
New required mods: Race roll cage + sport weight reduction

I know it's a bit messy and it does require you to buy mods you might not need (but I think most of us have a good enough affinity level with manufacturers to cover that). If anyone needs more clarification let me know.

Anyway, the venue for this weeks race has also changed. To celebrate winter being upon us (everyone racing in this I believe anyway) the track will be Bernese Alps Club Reverse. Watch out though, ice is predicted on Sunday and the thin air up there is bound to affect your performance.

So if I got that right, you can upgrade your car to C425 with any mods you want (including brakes and tires). And after that install the race roll cage and sport weight reduction?

Are there still the restrictions on parts? i.e. Racing tires, driveline/engine swaps, etc.

So if I got that right, you can upgrade your car to C425 with any mods you want (including brakes and tires). And after that install the race roll cage and sport weight reduction?

Not quite. Brakes and suspension don't count towards the C425 limit. After getting to C425 fit your sport brakes, race suspension, race roll cage and race weight reduction, note the PI and then remove them if you want, leaving at least the roll cage and sport weight reduction and then make up the PI in whichever way you want within the rules.

Are there still the restrictions on parts? i.e. Racing tires, driveline/engine swaps, etc.

Yes, Restrictions are the same as before. :)

I'll update the first post, it's massively out of date.

Not quite. Brakes and suspension don't count towards the C425 limit. After getting to C425 fit your sport brakes, race suspension, race roll cage and race weight reduction, note the PI and then remove them if you want, leaving at least the roll cage and sport weight reduction and then make up the PI in whichever way you want within the rules.

Ok, now I got it. Get car to C425, install req. upgrades including brakes and suspension. Remove brakes and suspension if you want and put what ever upgrade you want instead.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to host this one either, aside from having a headache since this morning I'd need to push it forward an hour and be gone immediately after. Think we'll call this week an intermission, sorry if anyone was particularly looking forward to it.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to host this one either, aside from having a headache since this morning I'd need to push it forward an hour and be gone immediately after. Think we'll call this week an intermission, sorry if anyone was particularly looking forward to it.

This is actually OK by me. I haven't had the time to put together any kind of car, and had done a rush job this morning. :lol: If we call intermission this week, what will it be next week? FLemons or GT3?

We can just push this back a week, same as we did 2 weeks ago. :)

No problem for me, gives me more time to find a suitable car. Even thou I might already have found it. :)

Good call. I for one haven't really had to time to build a car that's even halfway decent, and I might not have been able to do the full race distance anyway.

Not gonna be able to attent this Sunday, going up to Birmingham for a big car show.

It would've been nice to go to that myself, Andeh will be there on Saturday I think with the Anglias. Have fun. :)

I'll see if I can make this. I haven't been in a race in a while.

I was hoping to be fine for racing tonight but it looks like I won't be able to do it this week either, and potentially not next week.

You should still get together though and either do a Flemons style race or just some fun races, I think you'll all have each other as friends in one way or another. :)

Last edited:
So, how about a head count? Who will be able to make this race, or at least do a couple of fun races? I'm available.