The Several Hours of FLeMons

OK so I forgot what I said on Sunday, but for this week I'm allowing engine and drivetrain conversions, other normal rules apply. Hoping for some rocket-powered shitboxes. :D

Awesome, it will be kind of a challange to keep it within the PI-limit as well. :)

So, is the track Motegi east? I think Motegi was mentioned, but I can't remember exactly.

So, is the track Motegi east? I think Motegi was mentioned, but I can't remember exactly.

Indeed it is. I keep forgetting which is which. I'll be working on my Beetle.

Good deal. As a side note, could anyone recommend a wheel that would be good, but cheap-ish? I want to get one, but don't want to spend a lot on it.

The old MS wheel is ok. The pedals have no feel what soever, but for me it was still better than the controller. I had 2, one the cord took a shit, the other one is still sitting in my closet collecting dust...

The older version of this is actually what I used during the F4TA series. There's no force feedback other than vibration and it feels a little cheap, but it gets the job done. Also note that there are no desk mounts (although there were suction cups on my old one) so it is designed to sit on your legs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=74-104-198&IsVirtualParent=1

edit: figured I should mention that this is a wired wheel so it plugs directly into your xbox controller port. No wall socket required.

Last edited:
About time I got a wheel too so I also appreciate the advice. :)

Edit: Strangely the Forza 4 website has the east and west circuits mixed up, no wonder I get confused. We're actually doing the shorter and flatter west circuit this week.

Last edited:
The older version of this is actually what I used during the F4TA series. There's no force feedback other than vibration and it feels a little cheap, but it gets the job done. Also note that there are no desk mounts (although there were suction cups on my old one) so it is designed to sit on your legs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=74-104-198&IsVirtualParent=1

edit: figured I should mention that this is a wired wheel so it plugs directly into your xbox controller port. No wall socket required.

I've had bad experiences with Madcat wheels in the past with the PS2. Has the quality gone up at all? The one I had started clicking when you turned it, then quit qorking altogether.

I've had bad experiences with Madcat wheels in the past with the PS2. Has the quality gone up at all? The one I had started clicking when you turned it, then quit qorking altogether.

eehhhh, not really. I was always super gentle with mine but eventually the wire that connects the pedals went bad. Also the paddle shifters were to the point where it would sometimes not shift at all, or sometimes double shift with one press. That being said, this is the newer version of the one I had so they might have fixed the issues (not likely though). The only thing going for it really is that it's not that expensive compared to other options.

Will not make it to tonights race, my xbox have decided that it doesn't want to play any discs anymore. Gonna buy a lens-cleaning-thingy tomorrow and see if that helps.

Will not make it to tonights race, my xbox have decided that it doesn't want to play any discs anymore. Gonna buy a lens-cleaning-thingy tomorrow and see if that helps.

It's a shame that games companies don't allow you to download a digital version if you bought the media, but that's probably asking too much of them. 45 minutes until I host the game. :)

Xbox just crashed on me with 3 red lights, but it seems to be rebooting OK. Will get the game up ASAP.

Still not convinced that this was the whole issue but apparently my backup was still running and copying files over the network, it's a 1gbps router though and the server is only 100mbps so that shouldn't cause a problem. Cancelled the backup and will see if it seems to make a difference.

Edit: annoyingly it seems to make a difference, but I can't guarantee that the connection would be fine.

Edit(2): A quick search online says the races are not server based but P2P, so I guess it was my connection speed letting everyone down. If anyone is still around I can re-host and try again.

Edit (3): OK well we're leaving it for tonight, gutted that we didn't get anything and it was my connection. Going to try and work out why that caused a problem at all, and I assume that the three of you in the states will be busy at this time tomorrow. Arse. I wanted to drive my Volvo. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, this time tomorrow I have to be doing this thing called work. :p We can always just move it to next week, and maybe we can push for a bigger turnout. I think just 5 of us wouldn't be very exciting.

Next week I'll be finished with exams, so the 900+ horsepower monster can come out and race! Did I say race? I meant eat tires really, really fast. :lol:

I'm fine with trying again next week.

I was gonna make an announcment regarding my hosted races, but may aswell make it here.

GT3 will be comming back. With simpler rules and more attempted promotion. This decision was made over the past few days due to Historics not getting proper participation (in my eyes). Anyway, we had loads of fun with the GT3 cars.

I will make a new thread regarding the series soon.

FLeMons was the plan as we've failed for 2 weeks so far. :lol: