The Several Hours of FLeMons

I'm not going to make it. The lens-cleaner-thingy didn't work, so it seems like I have to get a new xbox. :(

Looks like I'll be away for another week :/ My cousin graduated from college (uni, for the non-americans :p) so there's a party going on at the same time. Oh well, cheers everyone *raises beer* :cool:

Not sure it's going to be worth doing it at all tonight, plus I'm currently out and not sure I'll be back in half an hour. Who would be there at the normal time? I know it's looking like we have 5 down at the start. :(

I can make it at the normal time. I'm doing all of nothing right now.

OK we'll go for it, I'm back now so will fire up the xbox now.

Well, that was fun. Even if it was only 4 of us. Sorry if we put you to sleep with the sports car talk at the end.

FLeMons is a bit up in the air this weekend because I don't know if I'll be around. If I am the track will be either Sedona Club or Iberian Mini, up to you guys. :)

Also I recommend everyone tries Assetto Corsa, it's 7 Euros for a key to use the Tech Preview and I think it could be a replacement for Forza. It was so nice to be able to use my wheel again.

I won't be there this week. I'm going to my sister-in-law's graduation this weekend. On Assetto Corsa, my PC probably isn't powerful enough to run it. I'm also not planning on buying a new computer anytime soon.

I won't be there this week. I'm going to my sister-in-law's graduation this weekend. On Assetto Corsa, my PC probably isn't powerful enough to run it. I'm also not planning on buying a new computer anytime soon.

It's a shame they force you to pay to use the Tech Preview, maybe there will be a free demo for the finished game. I'm getting a decent framerate on my PC and it's 4 years old using an old 9800GTX+ card so I wouldn't rule it out.

I haven't looked at the requirements for it, but my main PC struggles to play most any game made after 2005. :lol: The "graphics card" I have (and I use that loosely, is an Intel 946GZ Express Chipset Family one. I more than likely will be able to make it work on my laptop though, but playing games on it isn't the most enjoyable.

Assetto Corsa looks very interesting but all I've got is a Mac at the moment. If the Xbox One does prove to be a big disappointment I'll probably buy a new PC to replace the 360 instead.

If not many of us can make Flemons this week, we could always do some fun races and/or a kind of free practice for the GT3 cars.

A racing game on the pc that might actually be decent!?! I'm going to have to keep my eye on that one! As for this weekend's race, I should be around seeing as there's going to be racing on tv all day. :lol:

One thing to keep in mind about these new consoles coming out is that it's going to step up the demands of pc requirements to play smoothly. I built my pc 5 years ago for about $750 and although I have put in a new graphics card ($150), more ram ($75), and liquid cpu cooling to slightly overclock it ($100), it has been more than enough to play anything I throw at it. The only problem is that this is mainly because the lack of console advances is what was holding games back. Pc only games, like Planetside 2, I have to run on much lower settings than console ports because they were designed to be ran on better hardware. That all being said, I think the best bet if you're looking to build/buy a pc is to get one that is at least as powerful as the new consoles coming out.

With the new architecture of PS4 and Xbox One being basically the same as a modern PC, you have to wonder if ports will be easier to make and perform better in general.

I don't know much about how porting from consoles to pc works, but I imagine the main difficulty is actually from making a game that is optimized for a specific set of hardware components, and bringing it to a platform that could have millions of different combinations of components. The architecture being more similar will probably help optimization, but not really have much effect much overall due to the vast differences from pc to pc.

So I may have forgot it is memorial day tomorrow. Unfortunately that means I'm going to be busy cleaning up outside and will miss tonight. <_<

I'm back but I've been out most of the day so can't really be bothered. Kinda bored of 'test' weeks, if people don't want to do FLeMons any more then just tell me.

i enjoy doing flemons, i like it more than the other races we do, kinda actually look forward to doing this race, my only thing i like to have with this race is the ABS back on, sometimes i forget and brake to hard.