The show is becoming predictable

I have watched the shows, and I DO want an American version. I just wish it would be better. TGUSA needs its own identity for sure. No point in trying the "copy and paste" method, but take the good points of TGUK and make it our own. There aren't any real car reviews for the average person, no auto news, no exciting TG challenges, and if all that wasn't bad enough The Stig has no mystique at all. Just three mildly entertaining guys and one silent man in white. I don't hate the show at all. I just had higher expectations.

Honestly, what is wrong with doing challenges the UK has done, if you're going to blindly assume that all the US has done is "copy and paste", which they haven't. What is the point of you trying to convince fans of both show that the US can't do what the UK has done. They're produced by the SAME PEOPLE. If you were the host of this show, wouldn't you want to do the same thing, but with a twist? Let them experiment with the show however they want. The US has more freedom to explore, where as the UK , is starting get in a rut, as much as I dont want to admit that.

If you think the US "lacks" identity, then clearly, you put the Brits on a pedalstal and taking them too seriously, and only find episodes that look remotely similar to the Brits. So you don't want to critisize them or have anyone else do the same thing.You not liking the show is not the issue, you telling fans of the show they should be disapointed shows that you want the Brits to be the of the host US version. Which, I would bet, would not get renewed for a second season. Why, cause the fanbase for the UK is small in the states compared to Europe. An Americanized Top Gear UK had been done before, and did not succeed. Clarkson and friends cannot appeal to Americans outside of BBC America.

Go watch the Brits only, the US version is NOT going to affect them. It is possible to enjoy both shows and tell that they are made for different regions. Maybe you're disapointed that I have more Top Gear viewing options than you, and you have only the one show? Thats a damn shame, too.

It seems to me that your "higher expectations" are the problem. Your replies make me wonder if you have taken time to read the other posts in this thread.

Zombie Apocalypse vehicle is so copy and paste from the UK series. Yeah... Also why do you need a Stig for every Top Gear? Tanner could do laps around the UK guys and as you say the US shouldn't be copying and pasting. So why do you request the Stig be more like the UK show? Since when are their car reviews on UK for the average person? I remember their long running gag of putting a cheap car on the TV for 5 seconds then moving on.

I smell terrible troll!

Last edited:
my problem with TGUS, is how they ruin good cars, sure, TGUK has ruined some too, but TGUS is ALL challenges, and they've ruined cars that a lot of actual car enthusiasts would have loved to restore, that just breaks my heart every time.

my problem with TGUS, is how they ruin good cars, sure, TGUK has ruined some too, but TGUS is ALL challenges, and they've ruined cars that a lot of actual car enthusiasts would have loved to restore, that just breaks my heart every time.

Them ruining cars really isn't going to affect the population of each car they destroy. As an admitted Corolla enthusiast, Tanner destroying an AE86 Corolla SR5 to prove a point of durability isnt as bad as the bunch of teenagers around the country who buy an Eight-Six Corolla GT-S and drive it into a guardrail, thinking that theyre Takumi Fujiwara and totaling it, does. Pure enthusiast are more to blame why some cars are hard to find than Foust, Ferarra, and Wood.

Is anyone else tired of Tanner always winning? I know he is the best driver but it is ruining the believability of the show. One of the other two needs to win every once in a while to keep it interesting. I would rather wonder who is going to win than how is Tanner going to win.

Well, the episode that aired March 19th took away a LOT of the credibility from the show. i know it is entertainment but the show's editors think the viewers are absolute morons!

As the crew was driving their SUV's under a recognizable bridge on US-101 in the middle of Paso Robles, CA, the narrator is saying, "With twenty minutes to go to Paso Robles". Later, the narrator is saying, "As we entered the Sierra Nevada foothills we decided to..." test their SUV's in a drag race on an airstrip at a ranch. The problem is, the airstrip was very recognizable as were the buildings as being on the Santa Margarita Ranch just east of US-101 between Atascadero and San Luis Obispo, several hundred miles away! Finally, while supposedly at the top of Mammoth Mountain, in one shot I saw a tree covered ridge rise up ABOVE them a little distance behind.

Come on, I like your show, it is funny and all, but don't make stuff up. Very insulting.

Well, the episode that aired March 19th took away a LOT of the credibility from the show. i know it is entertainment but the show's editors think the viewers are absolute morons!

As the crew was driving their SUV's under a recognizable bridge on US-101 in the middle of Paso Robles, CA, the narrator is saying, "With twenty minutes to go to Paso Robles". Later, the narrator is saying, "As we entered the Sierra Nevada foothills we decided to..." test their SUV's in a drag race on an airstrip at a ranch. The problem is, the airstrip was very recognizable as were the buildings as being on the Santa Margarita Ranch just east of US-101 between Atascadero and San Luis Obispo, several hundred miles away! Finally, while supposedly at the top of Mammoth Mountain, in one shot I saw a tree covered ridge rise up ABOVE them a little distance behind.

Come on, I like your show, it is funny and all, but don't make stuff up. Very insulting.

Those are called tracking shots and TGUK does them alll the time. They did it a lot just in the Africa special. And you're in for some bad news if you think TGUK is less scripted than TGUS is.

Do you know that the most famous sequence in Wayne's World, the Bohemian Rhapsody segment, is just as wrong? During the sequence, they're driving south on Pulaski, passing 63rd (the wooden indian is still there, by the way, advertising an optician's). Then they stop at White Castle. The nearest White Castle is at 63rd and Cicero, due west of their location, not south. The nearest White Castle due south, at the time, was at 79th and Pulaski, and that isn't the White Castle they stopped at.

The point? You're in the Land of Fruits and Nuts, so you know these locations. I grew up on the southwest side of Chicago, so I intimately know the locations they used in Wayne's World. I don't give two shits about Cali. You don't give two shits about Chicago. I was entertained by TG. You were probably entertained by Wayne's World.

It. Doesn't. Matter.

Honestly, what is wrong with doing challenges the UK has done, if you're going to blindly assume that all the US has done is "copy and paste", which they haven't. What is the point of you trying to convince fans of both show that the US can't do what the UK has done. They're produced by the SAME PEOPLE. If you were the host of this show, wouldn't you want to do the same thing, but with a twist? Let them experiment with the show however they want. The US has more freedom to explore, where as the UK , is starting get in a rut, as much as I dont want to admit that.

To roughly quote kenzimone in another thread: "Can a franchise rip off itself?"

If you think the US "lacks" identity, then clearly, you put the Brits on a pedalstal and taking them too seriously, and only find episodes that look remotely similar to the Brits. So you don't want to critisize them or have anyone else do the same thing. You not liking the show is not the issue, you telling fans of the show they should be disapointed shows that you want the Brits to be the of the host US version. Which, I would bet, would not get renewed for a second season. Why, cause the fanbase for the UK is small in the states compared to Europe. An Americanized Top Gear UK had been done before, and did not succeed. Clarkson and friends cannot appeal to Americans outside of BBC America.

Go watch the Brits only, the US version is NOT going to affect them. It is possible to enjoy both shows and tell that they are made for different regions. Maybe you're disapointed that I have more Top Gear viewing options than you, and you have only the one show? Thats a damn shame, too.

:clap:

- - - Updated - - -

Zombie Apocalypse vehicle is so copy and paste from the UK series.

Again: "Can a franchise rip off itself?"