The "Song Stuck In My Head" Thread

I remember when the Edmund Fitzgerald went down, it was a real big deal here.

After I listened to the song today I read up on it. Really seems that was just problem after problem that added up to it going down. I wonder why a bigger deal wasn't made yesterday on the 40th anniversary?

The news may have here, but I was busy when the news was on and did not pay attention. The rest of the country doesn't remember the event. Maybe parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Ontario Canada. Most I have talked to that live outside of the Great Lakes Region hardly even know the song.

The news may have here, but I was busy when the news was on and did not pay attention. The rest of the country doesn't remember the event. Maybe parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Ontario Canada. Most I have talked to that live outside of the Great Lakes Region hardly even know the song.

I only now it because my dad sings bits and pieces of it from time to time. The man can't remember what happened yesterday, but if it's in song form or a jingle from an ad in the 60s, he remembers it perfectly.

My younger sister called just after I posted that and I asked her if she seen anything on the anniversary and she thought I was talking about the song. I explained that the song was about a real event, she said, "well, that explains why there is even a song".

Insert facepalm pic here.

This video has spoilers if you haven't gotten to this part of the MSQ in FFXIV, but I bought the soundtrack to this goddamn game because it's so goddamn good. Seriously, the sound design in it is incredible -- probably the best music out of any game I've played.

Saw these guys last night. In fine form as always. Had their albums playing all day, but this was in my head all night...

Last edited:
Heard this on the radio a few days ago and have been playing it on loops since.

Really like the melody. Totally doesn't sound like Disturbed.

Popped up randomly on my playlist this morning and the chorus has been stuck in my head since.

The classic is, well, classic. The duet just brings the song alive to me.

[video=youtube;Wy-c8aAntWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy-c8aAntWA[/video]

The song used at the beginning and end of the "The rest of the story" episode of Planet Money.

Last edited: