The Steam thread

I haven't had a chance to play the Stalker games yet, but Beat Hazard is indeed a fantastic game.

Speaking of Beat Hazard, is there ANY way to get it to randomly pick a song? I have too many and don't care enough to find them manually....

Unfortunately the THQ pack won't let me gift out any of the games I don't want to play. Ahh well, I thought I would pass along some good karma but Steam fucked me.

Steam is fucking me too. I can't play L4D2. It says "validating cache files", then says "steam servers busy" and won't launch. Tried deleting some cache files but no go. I'm downloading a new install into a new folder and I'll see if that works (deleting local game content had no effect as I was not able to re-download the game).

Fuck these sales. Command and Conquer games for $4 each. There goes $20. I don't even plan on playing them any time soon. But I do love me some CnC and haven't kept up recently (before you say 4 is shit, remember that it's $4).

Killing Floor at 3.75$... soooooooooo tempted. I'll just go play some new Rock Band DLC, they been awesome lately.

Got C&C3, Kane's Wrath and Portal 2 today. The sales so far are not very tempting though.

Steam is fucking me too. I can't play L4D2. It says "validating cache files", then says "steam servers busy" and won't launch. Tried deleting some cache files but no go. I'm downloading a new install into a new folder and I'll see if that works (deleting local game content had no effect as I was not able to re-download the game).

I thought L4D2 was just updating, but it has been downloading the whole game over again. So stupid! Not getting any speeds higher than 600kb/s :( :(

Fuck these sales. Command and Conquer games for $4 each. There goes $20. I don't even plan on playing them any time soon. But I do love me some CnC and haven't kept up recently (before you say 4 is shit, remember that it's $4).

But it is... and I got mine on sale for less than $4 during the other Steam sales. It may be just me, but I can't even figure out how to play the damn thing. CnC 3 / Kane's Wrath was in my opinion the best of the recent-ish ones. It looked the best and was the least cartoon-y/arcade-y.

Mass Effect 1 + 2 for $20.

And yeah, pick myself up a set of(legitimate) copies this time, to get ready for the impending ME:3 that's due sometime... in the future.

I downloaded S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Cherynobyl last night, played a bit of it, interesting blend of RPG and FPS, the setting is atmospheric as hell, so far I've spent more time wandering round abandoned buildings than doing missions or fighting.

I still am not sure how the trading system works, I got a ton of money from a few missions, but I can't seem to figure out how to buy or trade for new items, anybody willing to help out a n00b on this one?

Dead Space 1+2 for $20. Bought.