The Steam thread

I get almost double my Internet's download speed on Origin. And besides being DDOS'd for the last week and doing nothing about Steam was really hammered during the sales.

download speeds in steam are just fine for me, it's just the friends-system and dota-servers being shitty from time to time. also the erroneous update stuff... sometimes nothing works, but after restarting steam it miraculously finds millions of updates it knew nothing about a minute before, explaining why stuff wouldn't work -.-

apart from that i can't complain about steam, really :dunno:

I have an extra game key for Just Cause 2 from the Humble Bundle sale. Please PM me if you'd like to have it! :D

two cents on the Assassin?s Creed Series regarding the steam sale:

I think it says a lot about Assassins`s Creed Rouge and Unity that you can buy Unity for less than Rouge now, despite Unity usually being 10? more expensive and generally still being the Series current "flagship". Valve thinks they have to discount Unity so much more than Rouge to sell it ...

IMO that sort of settles which one of both games is the better (or rather: more desireable) game. It?s Rogue. (to clarify: I have played neither)

please excuse the german ;)
assassin.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Rogue is better just by the fact that it can run on most PCs, unlike Unity. Also, Rogue was -75% on Amazon a month ago, was hoping to pick it up on Steam on that price. But I'll wait, got plenty to play until then :D

If anyone hasn't already played Bioshock Infinite, you can currently get it for 1 dollar/Euro/GBP from Green Man Gaming (they give you a Steam code) if you vote in the Golden Joystick Awards: https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/

I hadn't played it before, but with hindsight, I'd have happily spent a lot more than a dollar on it - finished the game last night and it was absolutely fantastic.

Also, on an unrelated side note, I've had a copy of GTA San Andreas sitting around in my Steam inventory since forever - drop me a PM if you'd like it. I already own the game so it's useless to me.

If anyone hasn't already played Bioshock Infinite, you can currently get it for 1 dollar/Euro/GBP from Green Man Gaming (they give you a Steam code) if you vote in the Golden Joystick Awards: https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/

Awesome, I've always wanted to try one of the Bioshock games. Thanks for the headsup!