The Stig gets clamped ! LOL!

Anything related to TG has very high marginal to be staged. No pro race driver would put his hands up like that. (unless maybe from Mediterranean)

The helmet is also wrong. It's not the one you see on TG. There are no stickers on this one, like on the one The Stig has on TG.

euhm, am i the only one who totally wouldn't have noticed his wheel at that side got clamped?

I'm not saying this is real -- but whenever I've seen vehicles clamped, there's always been a big orange/yellow notice pasted to the driver's window that says "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE THIS CAR" (or words to that effect) because, especially with cars parked on streets, people might just rush up, jump in before a bus rips the door off, and not notice the clamp otherwise.

Steve

If clamping were allowed like the way it is over there, I would just pick up one of these used and keep it in the boot. The ability to park where I want and avoiding the fees with getting the clamp removed would be worth it.

http://img157.imageshack.**/img157/8137/ce735bigjl5.jpg

Many accounts of clamping abuses here:
http://www.racfoundation.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=292&Itemid=35

And this gem.
It is midnight, you are on your way home from a dinner party. You arrive at the station car park, to find your ticket has expired and you have been clamped. You ring the premium rate number stuck to your windscreen. Half an hour later a clamper arrives, claiming you owe him not only the clamp release fee but also a ?cancellation? fee as the tow truck has been called to pick up your vehicle. Either you pay up ?300 or he will tow your car away and charge you ?30 extra a day for storage. Unfortunately this has become an all too familiar scenario across England and Wales.

the stiggy

the stiggy

Just one thing:
The Stig can't be affected by a simple clamp, he is a god in humans body!:dancinglock:

The helmet is also wrong. It's not the one you see on TG. There are no stickers on this one, like on the one The Stig has on TG.

You're right, but i recon that the stig we saw in the MPH06 show on earl's court, got a helmet like this one. And not like the real one.

So i think that it wasn't the "real" stig (is there one real stig, that's the question), in the MPH06 show neither. I mean it may be, a really funny joke of "a" stig.

Forget about the saw....buy your own clamp, and window sticker, and just slap them on the car when you park! That way the coppers will already think you've been clamped! And if you are asked, you can say you did it as a security measure to prevent theft.

Steve

The one he used on The Good, the Bad and the Ugly didn't have stickers either. Perhaps he's got himself a new helmet.

I'm sure it's staged for one thing isn't it a motoring offence here in the uk to drive a car on the public roads while wearing a crash helmet?!?! Or am i just speaking a load of cr*p?!

I'm sure it's staged for one thing isn't it a motoring offence here in the uk to drive a car on the public roads while wearing a crash helmet?!?! Or am i just speaking a load of cr*p?!

I think the idea was that he wasn't supposed to park there. ;)

;) i think if i drove an atom i'd wear a crash helmet. but something tells me that you meant in a covered car....

i can't picture the stig showing up dressed like that in his own car and not a company car. for one, someone would get the liscence plate and find out his real identity. something people have worked hard to mask.

now if that car was a part of the show that might be a different story.

No it's not an offence. You can wear what you want when in your car (obviously if it restricts you then you can't.)

No it's not an offence. You can wear what you want when in your car (obviously if it restricts you then you can't.)

i allways wear my helmet in the rally car between stages... and theres allways a fews cops on the way to a stage and they have never told me to take it off...

i do believe its illegal here in the states :(, which makes about as much sense as outlawing condoms, but okay

Ah, but remeber that the steering wheel is on the right side of the car, so the driver gets in through the right side door.
Strange enough i was thinking the exact same thing as you when i was watching the vid.
I don't think that Merc went through the trouble of making a right-hand-steered SLR.