The stig was shown unmasked in an episode of top gear

Brudus

I was watching watching BBC america and an episode of Top Gear was on. They were doing the Toyota Aygo football challenge (season 06 episode 01). If you remember they had a bunch of drivers lined up and james and richard were picking teams. Then I heard the name "Ben Collins" and sure enough it was him.

http://imgur.com/a/V2dJ9

Collins also was the driver in the Evo vs kid downhill skating whatever. Since noone knew (not for sure at least) that Collins was the Stig at the time, why not show and name him?

He also drove the Mercedes cabrio that the skydiver parachuted into.

And although we all knew who he was by then, when they posted the video of him in the Evo racing the skateboarding kid on the TG US site they described him as the Stig when it was first uploaded. Oops.

Chances are then, we've already seen the "new" Stig in a driving segment unmasked. I've a funny feeling they went for Tom Chilton.

If the Stig is a current BTCC driver, I'll shave my cat.

I hope your cat, is a shorthair. I think the Stig is a current BTTC driver.

As I've already said in other threads, 99.99% of people had never heard of either of the previous two (although they were of course subbed on occasions anyway) and I remain convinced it will be the same with the new one. Current BTCC drivers are likely to have too much going on to commit to being a full time Stig, even if the show is taped on a Wednesday.

Current BTCC drivers are likely to have too much going on to commit to being a full time Stig, even if the show is taped on a Wednesday.

Unless it's someone who's used to spacing his BTCC commitments around filming and can juggle the two easily. Say, someone who won the 2010 BTCC championship.

Fries, rice, or Baked Potato with that Stig, sir?

I was watching watching BBC america and an episode of Top Gear was on. They were doing the Toyota Aygo football challenge (season 06 episode 01). If you remember they had a bunch of drivers lined up and james and richard were picking teams. Then I heard the name "Ben Collins" and sure enough it was him.

http://imgur.com/a/V2dJ9

I like how he's wearing an Aplinestars hoodie.

I don't think the stig has to come to each taping once a week, all he has to do is come for one day drive all the cars for that series around the track and 90% of his job on the show is done. That's probably why you see him doing the lap times when its a clear sunny day and the show live is rainy.

Yes because busy race car drivers like OH lets say Tanner Foust don't have any spare time to work on a TV series.

Yes because busy race car drivers like OH lets say Tanner Foust don't have any spare time to work on a TV series.

Tanner isnt busy and drifting ISNT racing. as far as im concerned unless your talking about rally then your not talking about tanner.

i think its Tom Chilton but thats just a hunch. am i the only one who thinks this cheap ass thread should have been locked a long time ago?

Tanner isnt busy and drifting ISNT racing. as far as im concerned unless your talking about rally then your not talking about tanner.

i think its Tom Chilton but thats just a hunch. am i the only one who thinks this cheap ass thread should have been locked a long time ago?

Nope its Tanner I was thinking off it sounds like he had a packed 2010.

http://www.modified.com/news/modp-1009-rallycross-success-tanner-foust/index.html

Foust's European campaign took him to Portugal, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany, and Czech Republic in 2010. He said his European experience has served him well in the United States where he took a pair of gold medals at the 2010 X Games Rally events, and won the first-ever US rallycross event, held late last month.

He will return to American rallycross competition later this month when he competes the second of three rounds of the RallyCar Rallycross Championship at New Jersey Motorsports Park.

The US Stig is actually Tanner, so he has two roles in the series :D

n00bs. Everyone knows Viper007Bond is the Stig. This "learner's permit" talk is just a front.

And there is no other Stig. Just Oregonian Stig. Get it right, y0.