The story of the FinalGear beer keg world tour

I've never seen this before, how have I missed this thread? :(

... If nobody wants, I'll hang on to it. Maybe I'll send it to Craig or finally meet up with Jay who lives an hour from me.

I've never seen this before, how have I missed this thread? :(

... If nobody wants, I'll hang on to it. Maybe I'll send it to Craig or finally meet up with Jay who lives an hour from me.

The point with the keg (the original one at least) is to make unwanted appearances. How you want to play with the knock-off is your own business though. :p

The point with the keg (the original one at least) is to make unwanted appearances. How you want to play with the knock-off is your own business though. :p

Knock off works in the opposite, yes?

So, this thing mysteriously turned up at Der Stig's place.

It seems a certain German guest of Der Stig's had brought it back from Austin with him and concealed it behind the couch before he left with the intent of telling us about it after he was well out of range for us to force him to take it back with him. :p :mrgreen:

I must confess that Der Stig and are are quite puzzled as to what we should do with it. It's not the 'official' keg and many of the signatures seem to have seen better days. Neither of us particularly want it, it smells of puffalump; what should we do with it?
:lol: Mwahahahaha.

Do the same thing the rest of us do: pass it on to an unwilling recipient on the boards.

Oh hello. Since the keg has a new holder again, I can update my part of the journey. :)

Technically the third time the keg is here, as it first arrived here for 2014 Icetrack meet, didn't get used then. Made a return for 2015 Icetrack(less) meet, didn't get used then and finally left for its current adventure during the 2015 Nordic roadtrip. Anyway, I almost immediately had a great plan for the next sneak attack and the keg spent the rest of the 2016 as a decorative trophy in the middle of my living room. :D Seems like it's been too long, since I can't find any pictures proving that (I do remember taking some for this thread). Anyway, christmas came and went and the keg went to hide under the tree, like presents do. :p

fv52cTn_Pn8Wo57yT3ZQNPB16_1fa-fp2aHxw8fzPESwR90sawuZz378g9Bzf3_Ykncr283XhRNEXeJ4i4airXzia07QRLS5p9bR_5Bcrp1DJEkTelsgnc582oSJ8wit_GclcxSFFh0vkIdHj489uad8yr-RCmKalCcX3cK9OxHGg9LL5sAOgwZeEAvL1E67_dJEuBSx-ostz3_DPZlf3VhCy4c-jr8JZAeYY13ysbNlDKYbcklw4ZucZxh3b4c9rWf_fXa72mImE8rE_nT7NExdNttdB_RqiBNKyz1swrGyoMok7yP6AMPQtmh0JkicxN0A7xEXjsA6Ua2lNCtMIyT1rgIR7OJUnwLZlz2XCgEsmVW2-maWKUVXO5Zae8NCVv83Z--qcwaSeRMEwuVt2k7KZm1wJz8yTK27oKbrALodakS08MFtpt3SXLXN1i4fxS3zwvNjz62z6v0L3PTCEPaLqMZrZc-TaAosIJ-8xzZAIOVFQLog3lNyK7hMh9khzwE1fDwernODOQOnoOwOP2QEEYADCDBmuErJUMwHPU2v-bu3IhCPS6-QNzzClAIMBgB89c3WtgvmMS0yao5m7DRFJ1wOX40CiVBjHbBe=w551-h974-no

As the white flag on the top shows, message space on the keg itself was running out, so before packing it up for a new years journey, I added a plastic pocket to the side. Now few more unwilling victims have room again, to send their greetings.

On the way to a new world
9tb4uD4R83xzbLu2XRu7-u0LJn6p_6wIEHJXvORtjfLYARkris6CnfXdcuZyF6mBTNrVha5A8tfUHsnt1wZIbG_PmsDGXUaumkPkxaZJOEmbKDsxlaeEgsspmKHCY54j9zpyOOJx31_1vaR9vRRmy--3NLz9tJkGW9rcvJD3xX0gCz7zXoalXziJj8Wz7yfZcH3kTZG8IdE8RJ_ybdb93u1x_rDCUV_1l-iAdC5rWtA6FW0-xfkjDpurxHg051f4m9w1lzDsLd3tYrUMd_9nCgq47P7InJYNp2EnoGmo627HzmFNPGxmln21ZGw3e0WGignCLlf9MGamQZko_8vZGB-9gX5ojNZuAK5nMsrb0yPf92oC8zgnLYILHiK57lkXPTGKPnkTglZ2OpPSW0b1wqqcYDd-04NuhvDqDhODOQklKVdDQID63NBxDXQIzDfGpN1VPa13bWum3IGEVobG6Z2ys9WDSJA0kJW_ioriHG9VDm7k32KH0C0LigqsYogioGVN9mwa_MVhkufpL-z08oIuWig6USOfa9YXqw1f-wGS8M8i0OARaQcRRCadqycTeB4S1EPqn-5YjziixqqQd4in-y8n-EuCgyb4IYi7=w1561-h883-no

:lol:
So glad to see this is still going.

The keg ended up at my place, where it sat for too long, mainly because I entertain a lot of FG people at my place, I don't often travel to other FG peoples' places. That is, until a wonderful opportunity arose...
hqZIAn9.jpg

I will let the recipient of the keg handle it from here

It needs a Dirndl or a Lederhosen, whichever way it identifies.

And despite lack of updates, there have been two more people before him who have received this lovely present.

I'm still trying to work out where my encounter fits in, I forgot to post it at the time but when I left Dahitch's on the way to Ringmeet 2016 I found that I had gained a passenger. Look how happy it was, it had no idea that later in the day we would be doing 115mph in a brick on wheels.

2016-08-11%2013.35.10_S1024.jpg

Last edited:
That's very much a definition of how these handouts are supposed to work. Even if you had it for a shorter time than some people here.

Could you add dates as well, to make it easier to follow (this was 2016 Ringmeet, I believe)?

It's this kind of dumb and utterly pointless shit that makes me love FG and the people I've met through it.

And despite lack of updates, there have been two more people before him who have received this lovely present.

A bit more on this. After the keg went to Slovenia with the döner e30, to stay with @nicjasno, the natural continuation to this trophy tour was to put in to the Kadett of @Dr_Grip that was being restored there.

Spot the keg (hidden under the paper roll)
6MDDnOa1Y2i6qe9UOmXcMy2kDtkQcogZjthhR7Vm5f4d3euRrVIybkpDmLT4PKsSQgO_9e2pMqf6xiErNgNF5I7_i3pCg3NtZIznCCyjIJQbScUZLOy4noVOS3EQRSCXKSG4gSqcGlpYldGPPq53PV8PmdA-JjvjwFPS9Xw5xhRUQcAe0onbBRiiO29v7kePyv82CB5ASbeqhhOfiwY53DDUbZ8-reWTE6-J8XEhdCtynDlLxXWtYP8XvQYEi4T9_x9QvJ_PTOErr1BeOpRc7DCCDFSpG689dmLTyucPzhboXvXfaykG-lRHbf_yejzvCuTrGM8TWFZgAf_5rjRe4LnG-ALnzlC6sUe2-daNhJh0xeXFdpP9XuyUgA5suIRcEaNVbPIA12ZKSXyVVPnJze2jo0tiRc-peWPhRFQVAWfeRw_EGKjCdvf6j1jsFb-YAE1ikz4vOXU8QDA9TNxBcB17oouyH5_QP3L2pqodKgdHI2qCgGbHpWCMuzySNpEZaH4WAiYLBwh51FQc2BRHAtevhk_cUIjk-XKjpxPE7SPX8OVH4MGxCEba6QceEVLLMaHtub4X3786u3u3Kd784ZKtk4xltuLgluFkDBT_q81M9Bcp4ae7SMM_chvJEBIkLZxBRYhMJMvw0EMh0c6e3fU8lLzmGOJwxaSDFgxmntn9SZX2okZAclw=w1280-h960-no

And like @Misrabelle mentioned (and documented), it returned to Ringmeet once again in 2019.
IMG_22523b85506db18ef038.jpg

I remember it was decided quite early that @TobiasG should receive it next, which turned out to be a bit of a challenge, as the Alfa was mostly stationary and always locked during the weekend. I did manage a sneak attack at the last second though. The keg did its latest stop in Finland with him and @Anesthesia won the keg as a punishment for causing most amount of damage at the track.

It's this kind of dumb and utterly pointless shit that makes me love FG and the people I've met through it.
I also love the reaction posts, when the victim realises they have it.
9138C5CE-6ECB-4CCF-81E6-F1C5DA34AC34.jpeg

As mentioned, I got the damn keg from last years ringmeet and this years Icetrack meet was a good opportunity to get ridd of it again.
So I have now started a new concept. "Bring your keg to work day" It may not be the best idea I have had, but here we go anyway

Started at 0600 in the morning
Safety first

Didn't have a safety-vest for it, so it had to stay in the truck while I unloaded

After work was done, I was ready to set off to Finland around 1500 ish.

(Don't worry, I put the seatbelt around it after I took the picture)

And here I am, at the airfield we were staying. Got there around 16:45, local time the day after I left.