• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

THE SUB-?1500 Coupe that's not a Porsche Challenge!

Serj

Car(s)
06 Ford Crown Vic
Just so you know::
?1500 = about $2,720USD

Here's My Pick! See you at the Finish suckers!

here

:D :D :D

This gives me roughly $700 for Mods and fixes. I think I'd Strip out the interior, Drop $250 on a suspension kit, find some retreads, do plugs n wires, and call up my friend to help me redo anything else that needs to be done!

8)

Re: THE SUB-?1500 Coupe that's not a Porsche Challenge!

Serj said:
Just so you know::
?1500 = about $2,720USD

Here's My Pick! See you at the Finish suckers!

here

:D :D :D

it'll break down before it gets to the start line

I dunno Ren, it is up in age, but the OHV V8 is time tested ;)

Yeah I know it's quite though, but it's still a Chevy, everything else can blow up at any moment! :lol:

(it was more just to burst his bubble anyway! :p)

Renesis said:
Yeah I know it's quite though, but it's still a Chevy, everything else can blow up at any moment! :lol:

:lmao:

Renesis said:
(it was more just to burst his bubble anyway! :p)

Ah ok :D

Ok, I'm grabbing this baby:

1995 Ford Probe 24V

ff_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9844&item=4554287321&rd=1

<K`Tetch> the rules are obvious that it has to be a UK road legal vehicle, and since you can't import a car from the Us for under 1500 quid, it can't be an american car either

Apparently K'Tetch in the IRC channel speculates that i must have a UK road-legal car to compete. I didn't see this rule explicitly, and i thought:

i Looked for a V8 Coupe, considering anything bigger in that price would be unlikely to start, if run reliably. . .and second, i intentionally overlooked 6s and 4s because it would be unlikely to make the 140mph required speed. but most of all because with that kind of cost cap, the cheapest to mod for power and still be reliable would be an american V8. The GM 350cid small-block V8 is virtually bullet-proof too :)

anyway, I'll dig around on some used car sites for the uk and come back with another one :p

here

1992 TOYOTA CELICA 2.0 GT,
11 Months MOT, 6 Months Tax, new Exhaust, Clutch, Cambelt, Tyres, Windscreen, Quick Sale Required.. ?1,000 . NO OFFERS.

OR I found this::

1990 TOYOTA SUPRA 3.0 3dr Liftback,
Petrol, 123,000 miles, . Grey.private plate lowered and uprated suspenstion by demon tweaks new brake disks and pads fitted allround ?2000 spent cd new rad & tyres ?1000. ?1,000 . ono.

If im lucky one of them is a turbo, but id personally lean on that Celica; knowing that the cluctch and cambelt has been replaced recently would be sure to win me reliability points :) and if that's the All-trac turbo (doubtful) the AWD would prove to be advantageous :)

Here's mine

1993 HONDA Prelude 2.2 VTEC,
67000 miles, red.manual.mot sep,tax jul. 2 uk own. clim/cont. e/w. e/s/r. e/m. r/cass. cat2.2 immob. s/s exhaust. alloys.

?995

^^ nice one bihus. prelued handles like a dream and it's a honda so it get reliability points automatically.

I'll go for the 1980's-90's Supra... aka. JZA70, that would probably kick some ass, only part I see that won't perform well is the suspension bit and maybe the Top Speed test... I was really surprised that old jag managed to hit 140mph... but I guess any car that has 12-cyl no matter how old will hit those speeds

Serj: use the
icon_edit.gif
button, dude. ;)

i was gonna say get a MA70 turbo supra

then u can wait for the blown head gasket to come yay for 7M-BHG :p