The "Things that annoy me" thread

Because they have no interest in understanding what any of what they’re saying actually means. In my experience it really usually is as simple as that. That’s why they also don’t care it’s wrong - „you know what I mean!“

What I actually find even worse is people from the industry who do know better saying things wrong in a misguided and completely unnecessary try to „shorten things“ - I.e. saying kilowatt instead of kilowatthours. Bloody morons. Similar: going „back in two-15“ instead of twenty-15. what the fuck?

I can’t read this without mentioning my all-time “favourite”: “There’s no chemistry in this product.” First of all, the moron in question usually* meant “artificial chemical additives” and second, how THE FUCK can you be this stupid and run any part of any business?!? :wall:

*But not always. Many years ago, I actually heard some idiot touting her apple juice with the words “free of preservatives, we don’t add anything like e.g. ascorbic acid”.

I have an extremely persistent cold... like on and off... and when I feel like it's gone it comes back worse. Ugh. Currently, it's little better than Friday (that was its worst I feel), but it somehow also doesn't seem to continue improving. My nose is all stuffy, my lungs feel clogged and the whole "feeling weak" thing is very much present. At this point, I should probably go visit the doctor, right? Next annoyance... having to call and go there and everything ughghgughdufbgdibfugöisbdg.

/posted while having a nice coughing fit.

edit: forgot to add, it's not covid.

At this point, I should probably go visit the doctor, right? Next annoyance... having to call and go there and everything ughghgughdufbgdibfugöisbdg.
WELP... went to the doctor, was in and our in less than 30 min. nothing to report. lung sounds normal, and she's sure I had some sort of bronchitis or something, but it should well be on its way out by now and it's really just persistend remnants of that... which she said this year are very common and long-winded - they had a people there that kept coughing and sneezing for 4 weeks. ugh.

WELP... went to the doctor, was in and our in less than 30 min. nothing to report. lung sounds normal, and she's sure I had some sort of bronchitis or something, but it should well be on its way out by now and it's really just persistend remnants of that... which she said this year are very common and long-winded - they had a people there that kept coughing and sneezing for 4 weeks. ugh.
Ten or so years ago I had a cough that stayed for months. Doctors told me to stick it out, as well.

Ten or so years ago I had a cough that stayed for months. Doctors told me to stick it out, as well.
Yeah... which is rather annoying. that really was the main reason for my visit: is this only annoying or should I be worried? Also she said that if I feel fine, I should be able to do my cardio just fine, despite coughing and jam-packed sinuses :| most annoying part is actually the waking up with a throbbing headache every day because of the constant pressure on the sinuses. ugh.
ANWAY!