The "Things that annoy me" thread

@ Pearl Harbor

That proves conclusively that the reason why everyone is entitled to their own opinion is not that all opinions are worth the same.

"experts" commenting on the Japanese nuclear disaster on Tv.....

Good God, there is our minister of internal affairs, who cannot tell a nuclear plant form a vendingmachine starting her comment with 'as you might know, Japan is thousends of miles away' realy honey? That's realy nice dear.....

Then there are some other people (the kind with beards and clothes that went out of style in 1972) they seem to have found under a very old rock proclaiming that our nuclear plants while 2 times as old and with less failsafes are somehow alot better then the Japanese ones and that they 'do not know what the Japanese should do now'.......I don't either, but I don't have a beard and I'm not a pompous ass so I surely cannot grasp your brilliant observations.

Last edited:
with the pearl harbour thing, its the same (rather, similar) sterotype the older generation chinese especially the ones that actually live in mainland china and the naive kids in china that know nothing about correct world history says as well.

"japan used to have a war with us and killed all those babies and people and this earthquake means they deserve it!!" blah blah blah blah.

there was a print screen of some of the searches that came up on baidu from some friends on my facebook who linked the pictures and I thought: here we go again. I mean, just because some freak from that period of time back in Japan decided to attempt to take over asia does not mean the whole of japan is like that. Societies have developed as well as moving on and people don't do this kind of stuff.

currently rushing the readings for tomorrow's uni class about the Australian Media, and that annoys the hell out of me as well.<_<

@ Pearl Harbor

That proves conclusively that the reason why everyone is entitled to their own opinion is not that all opinions are worth the same.

I will certainly keep that picture posted before, just in case anyone ever suggests to me, that all opinions are worth the same.

Because it's what I've been saying for about 20 years or so: Opinions are a result of knowledge and experience. Don't have both? Sorry but you're not entitled to an opinion -- at least not one that can be taken serious.

Good God, there is our minister of internal affairs, who cannot tell a nuclear plant form a vendingmachine starting her comment with 'as you might know, Japan is thousends of miles away' realy honey? That's realy nice dear.....

Then there are some other people (the kind with beards and clothes that went out of style in 1972) they seem to have found under a very old rock proclaiming that our nuclear plants while 2 times as old and with less failsafes are somehow alot better then the Japanese ones and that they 'do not know what the Japanese should do now'.......I don't either, but I don't have a beard and I'm not a pompous ass so I surely cannot grasp your brilliant observations.

The news station mom was watching earlier was having a long ass interview with random guy on vacation in tokyo. Seriously.

Similarly: people who employ "salami tactics" with bad news, i.e. publicising it one thin slice at a time and only when they really can't deny it any longer.

On another forum I sometimes visit, some Arse (with capital A) kept claiming that the nuclear accident at Fukushima wasn't all that bad, that we should wait (even after that first explosion) and see what happens to the other reactors on the same site before calling it a disaster and so on. I stopped reading when his denials got so outlandish that the only possible explanation was that he's a spin doctor paid (indirectly) by the nuclear lobby to influence opinions online.

If it wasn't all that bad, they would simply say "Don't worry, folks, all is under control and all will be fine".

But nobody is saying that. Actually nobody is saying anything and all the experts on nuclear physics they asked for their opinions here, unanimously say something that can only be interpreted as "The shit is going to hit the fan".

Frankly I believe that there is so little information about the real situation within those reactors, because nobody actually knows anything about the real situation, because the bloody power is gone and all internal sensors or measuring instruments are broken.

Last edited:
When after setting up a meeting that everyone agreed to, and booking a perfect meeting room for 2 hours, no-one shows up. This is for a project due in on Friday, and no-one even said they couldn't come.

The reasoning is for a lab report which is due in at 2 today (we only got told which one to write up on Monday morning), but even so; if you're doing it now you're an idiot.

If you can do it yourself, then do it and screw them. We had a project for Mechanics in the last semester and we were 4 in our group. Me, 2 of my friends and another guy from my class. Me and one of my friends did the project, we let the other friend copy it(he was too busy to do it and we understood) but the last guy wouldn't even come to copy it! What an idiot!

Has this been mentioned yet?

- People who want to go down but press the 'Up' arrow for lifts, and you either see an idiot in the lift or you will encounter a empty lift lobby when the door opens.

StarCraft, seriously. Fuck it, and fuck the koreans that zergrush me all the time.

Well it is Friday here and I do have to get down because I am looking forward to the weekend.