The "Things that annoy me" thread

I for some reason only have that issue when I am trying to sleep, which is when it is most annoying.

Overpriced entertainment. 50 euros for a game you can beat in 3 hours? Come on, Homefront!

For this reason I love Steam and similar services. Every now and then a crazy promotion crops up, and it adds up over time. Payed full price for GT5 though, some games are just worth it.

I'm going to go mental once and just fuck shit up. Turned on the TV, Discovery channel. Good, X is on. This X is at a low volume. I slip into a slight nap, I can hear the TV, but I'm beyond caring. Then, out of fucking nowhere: JUST MY LUCK! WE HIT A HURRICANE!! FFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Why on Earth is the show at a proper volume, which I like, then the adverts and show trailers just go to 11. Y U NO EQUAL, BITCH!!!

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/03/27/ffffuuu.png

school and college grades

If you know how they're often determined, there is no reason in the entire universe why they should carry as much weight as they do.
I'm not complaining about my grades, though.

Why on Earth is the show at a proper volume, which I like, then the adverts and show trailers just go to 11.
You're not supposed to nap during the commercials. ;-) I do agree with you though, even background music tends to be much too loud these days.

I do agree with you though, even background music tends to be much too loud these days.

As a guitarist friend of mine said many years ago when asked to turn it down by the landlord of the pub he was playing in "If it's too loud, you're too old." Just before said landlord told the bouncer to throw the whole band out.

A rediscovered thing that is really annoying: lapses in judgment.

Yesterday, my senior design group went out into the field to test our jet engine. We had to clear it of kerosene that had accumulated from previous tests, and soaked a few rags in the process. When we went to test the igniter, we completely ignored the rag not two feet from it.

It, of course, disappeared in flames.

Then today, we're modifying a cap by welding a pipe to it. The welder finishes, tells me it may be hot. I grab the opposite end of the ~1 ft long pipe, and it's not really hot. So I reach for the freshly-welded end and searing pain afflicts my left hand for the next 5 minutes until I could get to cold water (the building is undergoing renovations and the men's room on that floor was sealed off).

As a guitarist friend of mine said many years ago when asked to turn it down by the landlord of the pub he was playing in "If it's too loud, you're too old." Just before said landlord told the bouncer to throw the whole band out.
Ouch.

However, that does remind me of something not at all annoying:

[video=youtube;pxARFSH1-H0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxARFSH1-H0[/video]

Y U NO EQUAL, BITCH!!!

Y U no type out words on a forum? Is it really that much more effort to type 4 more letters? That is annoying.

Uggh this literature review of a road grade accident analysis is about the driest thing I could possibly be reading. No one gives a shit about accident incidence in 13 degree slopes in East Bumblefuck Washington. The authors used a new analysis method that is better for low density N data sets. All to write up a program proposal for a road safety intervention. I know I won't pick infrastructure modification, stop making me find a crapton of epidemiological studies just so I can eliminate it.

Delivery-driver dropped of a parcel for one of my neigbours today who wasn?t at home. No Problem. Told him to put a note into my neighbours letterbox so he?d know where to pick it up. Went to MY letterbox just now and found said note that a parcel had been delivered to ME ... and he spelled my name wrong. For fucks sake, it?s not rocket-science, is it !? Sure, Mistakes happen ... but 2 Mistakes within 5seconds of filling out a (pre-printed) card with a NAME that?s written on the letterbox you?re standing next to and putting it into a letterbox, next to the one you are standing next to?

y-u-no.jpg

Which one was it? DHL, UPS, GLS, Hermes?

The only time I got something delivered by them, I was at home. So I was lucky. Have made bad experiences with UPS and GLS, though.

The only time I got something delivered by them, I was at home. So I was lucky. Have made bad experiences with UPS and GLS, though.
I have only had bad experiences with DPD so far ... never had a problem with Hermes (or the others) so far apart from the delivery usally taking a day or two longer (and I don?t consider this a "problem" too, this is just a little bit annoying). At my old adress at least. I think it?s generally all down to the driver. You can have problems with all of those delivery-services if you?ve got a bad driver. The guy for Hermes here at my new adress doesn?t seem to concentrate much ... not a good first impression ...

Last edited:
Well, at least he didn't throw the package on the balcony -- which happened to me with GLS before. He asked a neighbour, if the balcony next to the entrance was mine and then threw it over the balustrade, where the floor was wet.

That is far beyond lack of concentration, that is a guy who simply doesn't care about his job at all.

Well, at least he didn't throw the package on the balcony -- which happened to me with GLS before. He asked a neighbour, if the balcony next to the entrance was mine and then threw it over the balustrade, where the floor was wet.

That is far beyond lack of concentration, that is a guy who simply doesn't care about his job at all.
The DPD driver for me did something equally bad with me some years ago ... put the parcel infront of the front door - not my appartment door (without my consent, I should add) - the house door in a very buisy downtown area with thousands of people having access to that parcel while it stood there half the day - and then faked my signature. It miraculously didn?t get stolen, but of course I complained to the company about this with the result that my next Delivery with DPD a couple of weeks later went back to sender with the remark "adress not found" ... I complained again and have always made sure since then that I never get a delivery with DPD again ... like I said, it might have only been that one asshole driver ... but I?m not giving any of my money to them again ...

Last edited:
People who overtake so slow that you end up having to brake for the truck in front.

Passive aggressiveness, be upfront about things, don't tell me to do it things my way and then complain about it later on, if you don't like it, you should have told me before.

Also, being annoyed by something and then not remembering what that thing was whenever I write in this thread.

Last edited: