The "Things that annoy me" thread

A lot of drunk people would be in trouble then...

Drunk people should stay away from computers, I learned that the hard way.

My headphones, They only cost ?6 or something and lasted about 7 months. Fair enough, eventually they lost volume and become muffled, I replaced them identical ones from the same store.

They were noticeably lower quality, especially with regards to the cable quality, and sure enough 2 months later one side is dead due to the internal wire snapping. Not only that but they now retail for MORE money. Is it just me or are a lot of things increasing in price and decreasing in quality? <_<

Last edited:
It's not just you. It's really depressing it takes so little time for things to go to shit now.

My headphones, They only cost ?6 or something and lasted about 7 months. Fair enough, eventually they lost volume and become muffled, I replaced them identical ones from the same store.

They were noticeably lower quality, especially with regards to the cable quality, and sure enough 2 months later one side is dead due to the internal wire snapping. Not only that but they now retail for MORE money. Is it just me or are a lot of things increasing in price and decreasing in quality? <_<

Where was it made?

Where was it made?

God knows it doesn't say. There is also the chance I ended up with Chinese rip-off versions but the same problem happened with the Phillips headphones I used to buy. Started off good quality and ?8 and ended up costing ?12 and breaking all the time.

pg-16-light-bulb-afp_59747t.jpg

This shit.

It says on the packaging they'll last for 3 years. 3 years?! The most one of them has lasted me was like 4 months! It says in smaller letters "or 8000 hours"; like in cars, whatever comes first, but that's still like 1 year of continuous work! It's not like I use them as strobes, or I fancy playing with the light switch in my room, so why do they burn so easily? I tried the cheap brand, General Electric, Phillips, all the same. I don't get if this is a freakking scam or I'm just unlucky, but they cost so much they cancel out any energy savings of their own.

I'm going back to candles

I don't get if this is a freakking scam or I'm just unlucky
I have only energy-saving lamps and Halogen-spots in my apartment since I moved in, and that was in late 2007. I had to replace not one of them since then.

Maybe the national grid is a bit more unstable in Portugal, and the energy-saving lamps don't like that or something.

I think it has to do with your wiring. My house is old and a lot of sockets will not do well with those. Thanks government, for starting to phase out all normal bulbs, now we will have to rewire the whole fucking house.

Drunk people should stay away from computers, I learned that the hard way.

But drunktoid was kinda' popular in #gear... :( OK, maybe not. At least skidd hated 'im. :lol:

Anyhow, Photobucket's sound-enabled ads playing while uploading pictures are annoying. But you can click 'em and close the newly opened tab/window and problem solved. :win:

I have a friend on FB talking about an Oakland rapper who calls himself J. Stalin. She really doesn't seem to get why I think his choice of a stage name is in poor taste.

And the guy is a fucking idiot, too. He said he chose the name because "he was short like me, but he was always smashin' on everybody." He considers the deaths of at least 3 million (Quite possibly more) Soviet citizens as "smashin' on everybody"? It's a good thing his initials weren't AH or he'd be calling himself "A. Hitler."

I have a friend on FB talking about an Oakland rapper who calls himself J. Stalin. She really doesn't seem to get why I think his choice of a stage name is in poor taste.

And the guy is a fucking idiot, too. He said he chose the name because "he was short like me, but he was always smashin' on everybody." He considers the deaths of at least 3 million (Quite possibly more) Soviet citizens as "smashin' on everybody"? It's a good thing his initials weren't AH or he'd be calling himself "A. Hitler."

picardfacepalm.jpg

Your oven does not have a timer?

Your oven does not have a timer?

Depending on where I am in my house I could easily not hear the timer on my oven and its a 2 bedroom condo. o_O