The "Things that annoy me" thread

The rocks and pool
Is nice and cool
So juicy sweet

Our only wish
To catch a fish
So juicy sweet

:)

And then stupid fat hobbits from the inland come and ruin your fish.

Update
Fresh fish

[YOUTUBE]PjvTZsD987U[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Annoying me for the past couple of days..

A cough that just won't go away because of asthma which is triggered by cold weather. It's October, the middle of Spring down here, it should not be this cold still!! It's especially annoying seeing as I'm spending all day with young children on my work placement and I'm pretty sure some of the parents were looking at me thinking 'OMG Swine Flu!!' or 'Who let this germ carrying student in here?' Etc etc.. Good part: ample opportunity to model covering the mouth when coughing to the kiddies. That's it.

Other things..

TV. There's nothing on. There never is. It sucks. People are always talking about all these crappy shows around me and then asking me what I think, and then looking almost shocked when I say 'I don't actually watch that show.' Who says I have to watch something just because it's popular (unless it's Top Gear of course, which is not popular with anyone I know IRL. Boo.)

Having to cook on an electric stovetop instead of a gas one. Takes forever to heat up / cool down and I feel like I'm waiting an hour just to boil some water for the hard boiled eggs etc.

People making me laugh, either unintentionally or not. But, only at the moment. I usually love a good laugh, but atm it causes me to have a rather embarrassing coughing fit (see above).

The fact that the construction crews extending the house in the street around the corner from mine feel it is necessary to completely block the road with their trucks even though they're not using overly heavy equipment. Everyone trying to go south out of our neighbourhood has to go completely the wrong way just to get to the nearest main road, and are then stuck for ages trying to get out into traffic because this means they are much closer to a few schools / shopping strips etc. I wish they'd hurry up and finish, but I guess the stupid weather's delayed them. Sigh.

Last edited:
- The non-indicators:
- The selected indicator:
- The energy savers:

These are all very true, but i'd like to add one

- The perpetual indicator: Usually to be found on a highway, they indicate once for going in the middle lane, then leave the indicator on for hundreds of kms. Of course people daren't pass them...

Just yesterday I drove behind some really old dude in a Dacia who had his indicator on for 35 kms! When I drove alongside and made the "flashy" signal with my hand he looked at me like I was from Mars. he also braked quite violently... :roll:

I'm adding one too:

The Min-information indicators. Today. I'm waiting for old dude in Camry to come through intersection. He enters from my right and has his indicator on telling me that he was going to turn left into the street I was on. He merged into the left turn slip lane. Then 0.0000001 seconds before I entered the intersection....

He turned right.

Update
Fresh fish

[YOUTUBE]PjvTZsD987U[/YOUTUBE]

Problem is: I love fish but I don't like Sushi :p

These are all very true, but i'd like to add one

- The perpetual indicator: Usually to be found on a highway, they indicate once for going in the middle lane, then leave the indicator on for hundreds of kms. Of course people daren't pass them...

Just yesterday I drove behind some really old dude in a Dacia who had his indicator on for 35 kms! When I drove alongside and made the "flashy" signal with my hand he looked at me like I was from Mars. he also braked quite violently... :roll:

With a Dacia (or any French or Italian car) it could simply be electrical failure. That's why I didn't mention it :lol:

The other day I saw a relatively new Peugeot. Whenever he hit the brakes, his reverse lights went on.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHqwBFLXTiE[/YOUTUBE]

This.

"Hi im Gavin from autoglass"

Oh dear, not Gavin again, what this time you smug useless twat?

"See this chip..."

For the past 20+ Years youve been running this ad, the chip in the windscreen has been very obvious thank you.

"Just one small jolt in the road.."

At this point he appears to drive over what can only be described as the grand canyon. Sorry Gavin, dont worry that your chassis has been torn off but OH SHIT THERES A FUCKING CRACK NOW.

Advert 2.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKsBpzwmgyo[/YOUTUBE]

Ok i have a number of questions for this advert.

1. The kid is asian, plain to see, so why isnt the mother?
2. Since when has a kid cared about the smell of his turd.
3. Why has he got the pen and paper from?
4. Why does he slide this drawing under the door, then let his mum in ANYWAY. Waste of time tbh.

Advert 3.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yEWZTBQ64[/YOUTUBE]

Shut up. KTHX

^ The truth, people. Although the only thing I find annoying about the Autoglass advert is the jingle at the end. It is so fucking annoying. But I think the advert is a good one.

You can't talk about shitty, annoying ads without talking about this:

[YOUTUBE]Tj3dh9i4zLs[/YOUTUBE]

Now Buffy, I thought we talked about never showing that horribliness ever again!

And OMG we have very nearly that same Autoglass commercial here, but it's a different company name. Next time the commercial comes on, I'll note the name and see if I can find the US version. IT's 90% the same.

In France it's called Carglass and, as far as I remember, it is the exact same ad, even the jingle at the end is just a direct translation over english.

Now Buffy, I thought we talked about never showing that horribliness ever again!

And OMG we have very nearly that same Autoglass commercial here, but it's a different company name. Next time the commercial comes on, I'll note the name and see if I can find the US version. IT's 90% the same.

Safelite repair, Safelite replace. Guess the jingle did it's job.

Safelite repair, Safelite replace. Guess the jingle did it's job.

There ya go. And yup, that means they did a horrible job of the whole ad really, if I can remember seeing it but not who to call.

Of course, I have a chip in my windshield bigger than what that guy shows and it's been there for years. No crack yet.

It's really amazing how they've edited the bits of footage together.

[YOUTUBE]xfn5hMQYJ4o[/YOUTUBE]

Oui vraiment, ?a ne vous co?tera rien! :lol:

US and Canada get speed bumps. UK has massive pieces of the road missing.

So you think all the branded spots that appear in the ad (outside the trucks) were just filmed on greenscreen and replaced for the different countries? I'm talking about the repair kit and "test" sign in the car and all that stuff.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRAbc3hv1d4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

These freakin Chevron commercials. They're all like "Yay humans we've done stuff!" And they're so blatantly sentimental it's ridiculous.

How is a multi billion dollar energy company sentimental?

It's one of the most facetious marketing campaigns I've ever seen.

And the guy doing the voiceovers has one of the most annoying voices I've heard. I don't know if this makes sense but he tries to enunciate so much that his mouth makes annoying sounds before and after the actual words he's saying and it annoys the piss out of me.

Surprise, surprise:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB59N3A4WNg[/YOUTUBE]