The "Things that annoy me" thread

Oh it is a lovely place to look at. But as romantic as the "live in a country cottage and be free" mentality is real life does not allow it unless you are super rich. Where are you going to work on a tiny island in the West of Scotland? It's hard enough getting a job on the mainland in towns!

The Isle of Skye is very nice place to visit, but you are correct not such a good place to make a living.

Tourism & Hotels for six months of the year, then out of work for the winter months.

A few government & local government positions, like Forrestry Commisssion, Postal service and road mending.

Some local artisans making touristy tat for visitors, like pottery and whatnot.

Working with sheeps, there are more sheeps than peeps on the island.

The one thing that can be done from there is an Internet "niche business", so if you aspire to do something like that, it could be a great place to do it.

Everything else looks a bit crap, good luck though.

Needing to get my nephew to quit calling me sir. Why in the fuck does my sister and bro-in-law think him saying sir is the ultimate sign of respect when it is forced? Half the time I call somebody sir it is to mock them. I can can tell he does it too.

I can get where they're coming from, but when I work with high schoolers or COLLEGE kids and they say ma'am? I want to tell them to shove their ma'am where the sun don't shine.

Last edited:
Why? Would you rather they call you sir?

McDonald's food merchandise

I eat this stuff extremely rarely and did so once again today. A while after a McFlurry and a McDouble had ended up in my stomach, I was absolutely crashing and apathetic. Soon thereafter, a headache set in.

F***ing junk!

The nearly bureaucratic annoyances of living in my parents house keep pileing up.

/just had to have ice cream doled out to him like a five year old because his 15 and 16 year old brothers have no concept of self-control or what things cost. It was also jokingly suggested by my dad that I was eating the ice cream. That pissed me off because I was already "are you fucking kidding me?!" over the whole thing. I haven't had ice cream since I fucking got here...what the fuck?!?! Ok, so my stepmom admitted that it (the whole doling out shit and insisting that ice cream is off limits until after dinner) was more for my brothers and not for me but still...annoying, although I understand due to the whole "everything must be fair" thing.

That's ^^ on top of the whole "mandatory bedtime" bullshit. Never mind that I manage to get around it via cell phone anyway but regardless....annoying.

I also now get to enjoy my stepmom asking every day whether i work tomorrow, due to her finding out I now work for only 3 days a week.

//is literally counting down the days...I love my family but they're a whole 'nother kinda annoying...:)

Being stuck on the 2nd floor of the resort I was at, parents sleeping in bedroom at front blocking only way out, girls out in courtyard... The math results in me frustratingly unable to be with said girls. I couldn't even try to quietly sneak through because every door squeaked like a dog toy.

The unfortunate thing about living/visiting somewhere with parents is they can say "I will kick you out" when you don't do what they say.

Continuing with the parents theme...

<rant> my mum seems to think that I am still 5 years old, am not allowed an opinion of my own; any disagreement is my fault because I'm automatically wrong; I'm not allowed to complain about anything; if I don't phone her for a couple of days she thinks I'm ruder than rude; and basically I should just get over myself and be at her beck and call 24-7 </rant>

:blowup:

Yes, I know, nothing unique really, but I've had enough. :(

Do what I did. Murder your parents and then plead for mercy on the grounds that you are an orphan.

Edit: OK, obviously that's not true. I killed them and then fled the country.

Reading all this makes me happy that I'm moving out in about 2-3 weeks. It's been a long year...

Continuing with the parents theme...

<rant> my mum is a mum</rant>

:blowup:

Yes, I know, nothing unique really, but I've had enough. :(

:p
I know the feeling. Mom seems to think I will be murdered if I leave the house at night or something.

^^Love the edit to my quoted post :lol: :lol:

Reading all this makes me happy that I'm moving out in about 2-3 weeks. It's been a long year...
Don't get too excited - I moved out 20 years ago and it's still happening!

Don't get too excited - I moved out 20 years ago and it's still happening!

I lived alone for 3 years, it wasn't too bad. And this time I'm moving further away.

What's really bad is tasting the freedom and then getting back.

Last edited:

This is what I fear. I'm in a good place right now on the other side of the city, but the lease is up in April and what happens next depends on whether I can find a job to start close enough to the end of the school year.

My family's laptops, they are all fucked in one way or another and are irritating and frustrating to use. They all run Windows Vista, one of them at least has never been updated and one overheats while the other has a failing hard drive. This one in particular uses 100% CPU time when YouTube is open

Add in the fact that whenever I use them I am accused of "breaking" them because of the "dodgy websites" I apparently go on. Given that all I use is YouTube, Facebook and FG I doubt it's my fault.

h-p said:
Amen.

I now live back with my parents, can't drink, no freedom and constant verbal reminding on how shit I am doing in my life and how well my parents where doing at my age. Also get moaned at at least once a day about how I should get a haircut and be more cheerful.
I fully intend to move out ASAP... <_<

WHAT?! Man, you are 22 years old! WTF?

It's mainly because my house is tiny. Because of said tinyness, the room my brother's and I are in (don't worry, the room is gigantic so not cramped) shares a wall with my parents bedroom. granted the wall we share is the backside of our closet and our within bedroom bathroom, but still...my brother's don't know the definition of quiet (yes, they're the most immature/clueless 15 and 16 year old's you'll ever come in contact with) so the bedtime's there so my parents can sleep.

The unfortunate thing about living/visiting somewhere with parents is they can say "I will kick you out" when you don't do what they say.

This. Their house, their rules. I just bitch and moan behind their back. :lol:

Do what I did. Murder your parents and then plead for mercy on the grounds that you are an orphan.

Edit: OK, obviously that's not true. I killed them and then fled the country.

:lol:

:p
I know the feeling. Mom seems to think I will be murdered if I leave the house at night or something.

Yeah, it was a year since I had foursquare connected to facebook, I reconnected it and checked into the laundromat where I was. Cue my father saying that my stepmom saw and was like "why is he having that thing say where he is all the time." Explaining the concept of checking-in...is hard apparently. Because Technology. :p

Exfuckingactly! I'm used to pretty much being my own oyster while at school so returning home is kinda strange..it's an adjustment period to be sure.