The "Things that annoy me" thread

The fact, that every single time I get some fast food from the McDrive or Burger King, the girl manages to put the fries headfirst into the bag, leaving me picking them out one by one later.

I don't know, if they're doing it on purpose but I have a growing suspicion they do.

Modern funnel cakes. They are called funnel cakes, because the batter is extruded into the hot oil through a funnel (or, from a frosting/piping bag), giving you a nice, twisty, uniformly-thick and light cripsy treat. The past more-than-a-couple years though, these places have ditched the funnel, and now just pour the batter out of a pitcher, creating too-thin portions that burn, and too-thick sections that are essentially raw and lousy with grease. Blech. I've even seen some places use a ladel. :blink:

They are not called "pitcher cakes."

What they look like now:
funnel-cake.jpg

[/america, this is why...]

yes. ive noticed this too and it pisses me off since i love funnel cake. im hoping to have more success at the york fair later this month.

you know what else pisses me off? the price of nutella. its kinda expensive for a product that i dont know ill like, yet hear its quite good.

Last edited:
Haven't you heard? It's the fast-food insustry's response to "coning."

You guys just live in the wrong state. All the funnel cake I've had here is perfect. At the local ren faire (yes, I'm that kind of dork) they even cover it in all sorts of toppings, like chocolate and bananas and strawberries.

Mmmmmmmmm, ren faire food....

Haven't you heard? It's the fast-food insustry's response to "coning."

i had to google that. Whoever does that is a classless douche who's not worthy of my friendship. Seriously, those drive thru workers already have it pretty bad, they don't need their day made worse by douches making a mess of ice cream. :mad:

You guys just live in the wrong state. All the funnel cake I've had here is perfect. At the local ren faire (yes, I'm that kind of dork) they even cover it in all sorts of toppings, like chocolate and bananas and strawberries.

:drool: Your pretty lucky. While our local ren faire has awesome food, its sadly mostly ?food of the period? so no funnel cake. :( They do have giant turkey legs though.

Last edited:
Why get so worked up about it? I used to work at McDonald's, that would have made my day. The "prankster" drives away so whatever mess is up to themselves to deal with.

Chocolate bananas and strawberries? Amateurs. :p

Red velvet funnel cake, pumpkin with nutmeg cream cheese, glazed apples...

And maple bacon. :)
6038831830_06b73cb937_z.jpg

:drool: Your pretty lucky. While our local ren faire has awesome food, its sadly mostly ?food of the period? so no funnel cake. :( They do have giant turkey legs though.

The ren faires here have mostly given up on trying to be representations of the actual Renaissance and instead have embraced what they actually are: fantasy dress-up playgrounds for dorks. I am a big fan of this because the food is better and they've stopped pricing things in ? and started pricing them in $. That always irritated me: not only is the British pound a current form of currency unequal to a US dollar, it wasn't even remotely close to being in use during the Renaissance (which, I'll point out, largely happened in continental Europe and NOT the British Isles). The fake accents are pretty awful too.

And I'll take a chocolate funnel cake over that bacon-laden monstrosity any day, thanks. :p

Why get so worked up about it? I used to work at McDonald's, that would have made my day. The "prankster" drives away so whatever mess is up to themselves to deal with.

IDK, it just sounds like it could get on the person who's handing the prankster the ice cream as well. Not to mention the drips and shit...It's just stupid and stupid annoys me. :p

Stupid customers are sometimes the only silver lining of the day.... I was taking orders at the drive-through while a gay co-worker was working the cash register next to me. One lady pulled up and tried to hand out religious (some kind of Christian) flyers, the guy didn't miss a beat to say quite jovially "That's great, my boyfriend will love this!" She peeled rubber and abandoned her food, that was good material for the rest of the shift :)

Time, it feels like it's speeding by so stinking fast. I feel like I just cleaned my fish tank two days ago when it's actually been a week.

Chocolate bananas and strawberries? Amateurs. :p

Red velvet funnel cake, pumpkin with nutmeg cream cheese, glazed apples...

And maple bacon. :)
6038831830_06b73cb937_z.jpg

I'm sorry but that looks revolting......I'm not gonna try and plug our waffles here, but atleast they look look something that hasen't been eaten once already :p

Looks good, just hope that's not a glob of butter. If it's whipped cream, sign me up...

Stealing my sister's laptop to get internet.

My parents decided that when they go to bed the internet goes off, which is annoying in its own right. But now they just take the plug for my internet connection (Through the house's main power system) and leave the wireless router on so my 14 year old sister can still browse the web.

Not only that but the other night they went to bed and left my sister in charge and got her to remove my internet plug when she went to bed. Why the fuck does she have authority over me? :thumbsdown:

Actually, I am also annoyed by favouritism. <_<

(New plan, buy wireless adaptor to hide in bedroom because I'm not having the internet go off at 10:30 in the evening...)

I think this may be crossing from "annoyance" to "you might get murdered if you keep that up": people who flick their cigarettes out of their cars when the state is mostly on fire. Honestly, are they unaware of how wildfires start? Do they not realize they're the reason Austin is burning?

Seriously, if you feel so compelled to flick your burning butt out of your car window, go do it in Bastrop so it won't make anything worse. Good luck with the heat index there.