The "Things that annoy me" thread

[long story short...]

I think you hate people, not music. That, I can understand.

As for music, Interrobang is right, you just have to find your own. Then, if you won't hate it mindlessly only because it's what people you hate listen to (it happened to me a long long time ago), then you will like it. Hey, I never really listened to music until I turned 18, then, everything changed.

----

Oh, BTW, I'm getting really annoyed by the weather. It hasn't been raining for two months now, and it still won't change, it seems September hasn't started yet, and it's almost over. And I hate this endless summer.

You want some rain?

200qjhv.jpg

That's what I've been dealing with for two days straight.

Paperwork.

If it is paperwork you don't want/need it just sits on your desk getting in the way, if it is paperwork you do want/need it is lost.
It doesn't help that mother "tidies" everything away if she doesn't like the look of it and then forgets where it is. Also I woke up this morning to find she had re-arranged where everything was kept in the kitchen much to my confusion, I lived in my flat for 8 months and kept everything arranged in the same way the whole time. What is wrong with consistency dammit?! :mad:

my day at work today - just when I thought everything had sufficiently fallen apart, it found another, lower level to fall to

apartment/room hunting - Y U NO DELETE YOUR AD ONCE THE PLACE IS RENTED?!

(Italian) lorry drivers.

Had to pick up 5 sets of shipping container corner castings from Milan today (600km one way journey), they're quite bulky and heavy, so I had to take the company Renault Kangoo Traffic. It's gutless on its own, but loaded up to its legal limit... forget about it. Especially when you have to navigate Italian highways...

Almost got creamed twice! No checking mirrors, no signaling, just jumps out. Twice when I was already PARALLEL to the truck. The first time the car was empty and I was almost past already so I could floor it and get past, but the second time I had 500kg of steel in the back and couldn't do anything but brake as hard as possible, which in turn shunted all that steel right into the compartment barrier. Luckily there's no damage to the car, but I had a plastic box with all sorts of stuff in it. That's completely crushed. >_<

I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened if the Traffic didn't have that steel barrier in place...

That darn Road Roller that is rumbling the whole hangar! Also that fact that I have to park a million miles away from the office door, since they are repaving the parking lot. And the fact that they said maybe two weeks that was a month ago.

What's with the style of pop songs these days? They all sound so samey, with no real vocal talent. Am I just getting older?

What's with the style of pop songs these days? They all sound so samey, with no real vocal talent. Am I just getting older?

No, you have just woken up. It's been this way for a while already. The peak of rock and pop music was in the 1970's. That was the most creative decade of them all. It went all downhill from there. I don't even bother anymore to memorize the names of artists and song names, because 99 % of them will be forgotten again in one or two years.

When I grew up, you actually had songs in the charts, that they still play on the radio today.

Last edited:
I'm going to postulate that pop music sounds so samey these days is because it attracts the people who don't have an eclectic taste in music; they like one thing and only that one thing, whether that is because they haven't heard any other types of music, or have just heard a lot of what they don't like and think that's all there is, or some other reason. Those people are targeted because they are guaranteed customers for that kind of music.

I've never been a big music fan, I've never even been to a concert, but I do have some favorite bands who are definitely over-produced. What bugs me more though is the spoiled over-privileged "artists" who seem to have entitlement issues. They drop out of high school, do a lot of drugs, make $10 million a year and complain about illegal downloading taking money out of their pockets. Every time I hear one of them start crying, it just makes me look forward to the collapse of the record industry.

There's still talent today. Too bad that's not where the money is.

Yes.

If you ask me, it all started with the death of corner record stores.

No, you have just woken up. It's been this way for a while already. The peak of rock and pop music was in the 1970's. That was the most creative decade of them all. It went all downhill from there. I don't even bother anymore to memorize the names of artists and song names, because 99 % of them will be forgotten again in one or two years.

When I grew up, you actually had songs in the charts, that they still play on the radio today.

The music officially died at the end of 1979. Thinking about it I am kinda glad that me father is still stuck in the time before then 'cause it's all he (an' subsequently I) listens to. The 80's was a blip though, you kinda need to sift out the shite of that decade.

Tell you who get's on me pecs these days though; fucking Rhianna. I'd be quite happy if her voice just dropped off the face of the earth. One of the reasons why I don't listen to the radio. Well, that an' feckin N-Dubz or some shite.

Cxl08.jpeg

I agree that I have "woken up" a bit, but I've been at varying degrees of this for the past few years or so. I like all types of music, but after hearing a particular brand for a while I can't stand it. And when it doesn't evolve that's when I feel you lose interest in the genre.

Take bollywood music for example. I can give you TONS of really good songs from the 40s to the 70s. Real talent that you could hear with the first note.

Now when I hear it, its all the SAME FUCKING THING. Don't get me wrong, I liked and even loved some of the newer songs but I can no longer listen to that playlist in my music library. It's sooo boring, and it hasn't evolved so I don't have any of the new songs.

Same goes for rap of a recent period and rock.

I'm going to postulate that pop music sounds so samey these days is because it attracts the people who don't have an eclectic taste in music; they like one thing and only that one thing, whether that is because they haven't heard any other types of music, or have just heard a lot of what they don't like and think that's all there is, or some other reason. Those people are targeted because they are guaranteed customers for that kind of music.

This is true. While I have to add that people with eclectic taste do listen to pop because, derp, they have eclectic tastes.

Paperwork.

Definitely.

Slightly related in one way; but the accommodation organisation named after the university I study at which shall remain nameless despite the fact a few of you should know which one it is and which you could easily identify by looking at my location and a quick bit of googling.

Essentially I've just moved into my house for second year (as we have to move off campus for second and third (and fourth if necessary) and it happens to a property managed by the same organisation which manages the on-campus accommodations. Before arriving we had visited and been warned about various things by the previous tennants (also students), which we passed on to the managers. They assured us everything was being sorted and once it was checked they confirmed this with us. We arrive and the boiler doesn't work. Alas no hot water or oven for 2 weeks (man is coming tomorrow to fix it hopefully).

What annoys us is not only was it broken but we actually had information about it and pre warned them. In addition we have the certificate saying that the entire thing had been checked and signed off as in working order. FFS.

A slightly lesser thing is that this is a house for 4 people. Every item of furniture is the same in each of the bedrooms, as one would expect, except for my desk, which is about half the size of the other three. Fortunately I've found a second hand desk for cheaps, so I'm investing in that.

Essentially I've just moved into my house for second year (as we have to move off campus for second and third (and fourth if necessary) and it happens to a property managed by the same organisation which manages the on-campus accommodations. Before arriving we had visited and been warned about various things by the previous tennants (also students), which we passed on to the managers. They assured us everything was being sorted and once it was checked they confirmed this with us. We arrive and the boiler doesn't work. Alas no hot water or oven for 2 weeks (man is coming tomorrow to fix it hopefully).
Similar thing happened when I moved into my flat, everything was declared fine but the washing machine was fucked. Took 2 months for the landlady to get a working one, even then it was a refurbished one that was clearly dying.

Also, just remembered. Started at college (again) last Wednesday, nobody could get the books I needed because they were locked in a cupboard and the key was lost. Waste of a day and the ?11 bus fare to get there :rolleyes: