The "Things that annoy me" thread

Every evening when I come home from work, mum has the main house areas shut off, to keep the warmth from the heater in the room. This would be fine, if she didn't leave the door to the spare bedroom open - so the dog can wander in and out freely, and not be cold in her basket, yet she closes my bedroom door, so when I'm in here after work I'm cold!! I'm the human being here, the dog is A DOG!! It should be sleeping OUTSIDE!!

Kill the dog.

Actually just kill your parents.

Back on topic......

Today? Everything. Every..... fucking..... thing......

I think I caught a German Grumpy Virus from a Grumpy German who had it yesterday.

:mad:

I hate arguing with ignorant people who don't want to get new knowledge.
A good argument is art, but this isn't even fun.

Also, discussing religion. you can't get forward in these arguments.

German tourists are known for being a bit...demanding when vacationing in the United States. Countless times I have witnessed a large pink German bellowing orders to some hapless waitress.

You forgot the enourmous beachtowels, the trunk-like white legs sticking out from under shorts that are 2 sizes to small and the fanny packs.......oh the horrendous fanny packs.

We Flemish speaking people are often mistaken for Germans when we go Abroad when they here us talking Flemish to each other......you can actually see the relief in peoples eyes when I assure them we are not :p

Just stay away from such places (really not too difficult, it's always the low-cost, low-level areas) and everything will be okay :D

I stay away from our tourists here, too. We're needing them but I'm deliberately avoiding them. Especially a certain type of German from Northrhine-Westphalia, incidentally coming from near your border. They are really a pest sometimes :p

A colleague of mine regularly has to expel them from her ground, because they keep entering her garden without permission, asking whether the house is for sale.

I usually avoid the TIZ (Tourist Infested Zones) here in the summer. Also avoiding most of the restaurants along the coast, because I don't wanna meet them. I can't stand people ordering the "Mediterranean Fish plate", while holidaying at the North Sea coast.

Last edited:
Ahh van der Valk. They used to be known for hotels along the motorway, then they moved up market. They have some nice hotels now, especially the one in a former prison looks nice. Mind you if someone is shot in an hotel, it always happens in a van der Valk hotel. Must be the motorway:lol:

No one was shoot while I was there except some soccer goals. Mhh.. maybe on Saturday. Then I was in Biddinghuizen or something like that at Defqon 1. But when I came back, there was no blood or it was already cleaned up.

Last edited:
The language problem is basically the same in every country. You wrote they were complaining about not getting a German menu. But it's the same with foreign tourists in Germany, too. They also keep asking for translations into their language.

You have no idea, how many people from abroad, who even live or work for extended periods in Germany, don't bother with learning at least some German and ask for translations into their language everywhere. But the fact of the matter is, that with the exception of airports and some areas with a strong foreign military presence you won't find it anywhere here.

And certainly you will not find it with a German service hotline for a German product, where in order to get one you have to have a German place of residence and a German bank account. But still there are many people, especially from England and the USA, who insist on getting everything in their mother language, too, just because the (worldwide acting) company was founded in America.

That last part is my annoyance of the day, by the way.

Last edited:
To the patrons of the Mexican place near my apartment: you're all fucking morons. When you order, you're given a number. It's a two digit number. When your number is called, you pick up your order. They will not call you by name, because they don't give a fuck what your name is. It's not that difficult. All you have to do is remember a two digit number for a maximum of 10 minutes.

The language problem is basically the same in every country. You wrote they were complaining about not getting a German menu. But it's the same with foreign tourists in Germany, too. They also keep asking for translations into their language.

You have no idea, how many people from abroad, who even live or work for extended periods in Germany, don't bother with learning at least some German and ask for translations into their language everywhere. But the fact of the matter is, that with the exception of airports and some areas with a strong foreign military presence you won't find it anywhere here.

And certainly you will not find it with a German service hotline for a German product, where in order to get one you have to have a German place of residence and a German bank account. But still there are many people, especially from England and the USA, who insist on getting everything in their mother language, too, just because the (worldwide acting) company was founded in America.

That last part is my annoyance of the day, by the way.

THIS!, the French (and the farking Walloons) are especially dreadfull at this, complete with insulting people in French when they do not get what they want.....at which point I will switch over to French, and see them turn pale.

In other news, you know what's a great idea? When the store clerk is helping somebody at the front desk (me) why don't you yell a question really loudly at him from the back of the store because you need a 2 euro birthday card, you impatient old bat!

Another great idea? When you own a small store why bother tending it yourself? Just have your 14ish year old brat son do it, customers LOVE being served by a gumchewing uninterested baseballcap-backwards wearing PsP addict that can't even bother to look at you or put his game down....btw he can't count.

Also : Astrid Bryan, don't worry, you will have no idea who that is, hopefully you never will.

Last edited:
Are they still having problems? Thought they had sorted themselves out "on Monday" last, or was that BS?

:rolleyes:

They're allegedly back, but with backlogs... and I work with morons. I've been waiting for my pay slip, they usually come in a few days early. "Oh, yeah maybe on payday, we're with Natwest."

Don't people realise, I have to spend my money on crap asap?