The "Things that annoy me" thread

People who buy a Golf R32 then drive it slowly. Seriously, whats the fucking point? You are getting no badge value from it, its very expensive and in every sense other then going fast the GTI is a better car. People who buy one and drive it slow should just be shot.

comments like that

people who drive too fast on public roads, you utter assholes

When I hurt something I swear, not for attention. It's because I just hurt myself and need to express it. Other people, who are idiots, punch a wall or something. I'm all skin and bones, and tall so I'm the one who is always trying to walk around someone walking slowly down a hall and clip the wall.

I have aftermarket speakers in the Cossie, and I like to turn it to 11, and then open my window to prevent ear drum damage.

I do that on the way to work and school ect. I like attention.

We've kind of figured that out.

People who buy a Golf R32 then drive it slowly. Seriously, whats the fucking point? You are getting no badge value from it, its very expensive and in every sense other then going fast the GTI is a better car. People who buy one and drive it slow should just be shot.

Didn't your dad buy a R32? :whistle:

And if you think the "badge value" of a R32 warrants you to speed on public roads then you are complete twat.

Last edited:
The wave of n00bs that appears after ever series opener of TG. It's like those cicada infestations that pop up with annoying regularity.

I am currently annoyed by...

Weather extremes. Nuff' said.

Lots of spiders and other critters taking shelter inside our house. I don't like going to the sink when there's a huge freaking wolf spider looking down at me from the exhaust fan. I can also hear a mouse or something above my bedroom making scratchy noises at night while I'm trying to sleep. Go away!

The fact that when I go to turn off porch light I always accidently turn the hall light off instead because the switches got changed around when the wiring was redone. This is despite the fact the switches have been in their new positions for months now. You would've thought I'd get it right by now, but noooooo.....

My course lecturers showing the only thing they be consistent about is being thoroughly disorganised.

My friends all being out of town for the weekend and leaving me with nothing to do...and it's raining so I don't feel like randomly walking around like I usually would.

Avocado. Freaking disgusting green smeary avocado. How could anyone like it..blurgh! :yuck:

..and while we're at it: processed cheese. Goddamn processed cheese. Keep that shit away from me!

Last edited:
You think you can dictate how people use their property? You have no idea whether they go to track days. It's pointless to race around on the roads anyway. You're still going to get stuck in traffic.

I do know they don't when they sit under the speed limit, and in the right hand lane :rolleyes:

Didn't your dad buy a R32? :whistle:

And if you think the "badge value" of a R32 warrants you to speed on public roads then you are complete twat.

No, i said the R32 has no badge value and for the money you you get a mercedes, bmw or an audi which has some badge values. The sole purpose for the R32's existance is to go fast, if its not driven fast then its completely pointless as it drinks fuel, and is hopelessly impractical, in which case you can save yourself 10k and buy a GTI with all the options; and if you really need the extra power for overtaking then you can spend 2 grand and turn the turbo up a bit.

Last edited:
To be more precise with my bah humbugs: "Jingle Bells."

I want to eviscerate people every time I hear it. You're better off wearing bright red boxer shorts in front of a bull than you are humming a few lines of the world's most irritating, overplayed holiday song to me.

I'm not sure this fits in the annoyance thread though. Since the retailverse has decided that Christmas starts in July and the other 'tards of the world start decided to start with it in October, this nuisance has turned to pure loathing.

TVs in restaurants drive me crazy. How worthless is your life or the people you choose to surround yourself with that you can't make it through a meal without the crutch of a television show. Philistines the lot of them.

Speaking of rich kids, I'm so sick of politicians making little heartstrings stories about families who have lost money "so now they can't pay for their children to go to college".

WTF? If you're old enough to be in college, you're old enough to get a fucking job and pay your own way. If you can't even manage that little bit of responsibility, how in the hell do you expect to make it as an adult? Are mommy and daddy going to buy your groceries too? Your gas? Your lunch?

If you're 18, it's time to start acting like a functional member of society and PAY YOUR OWN GODDAMN WAY.

Lots of spiders and other critters taking shelter inside our house. I don't like going to the sink when there's a huge freaking wolf spider looking down at me from the exhaust fan. I can also hear a mouse or something above my bedroom making scratchy noises at night while I'm trying to sleep. Go away!
The spiders are thinking the same about you, they're going "we were here first" and "humans go home" and "Australia for the spiders!".

Lets face it, you live in a zoo the lot of you :lol:

Wait, what is that gooey stuff all over the floor here?!

We are not ignoring you because we hate you, we are tired (of your BS, try shutting up for a while, we will listen to you when you say something then).

...oh, nevermind, it's just the irony oozing from this post!

Speaking of rich kids, I'm so sick of politicians making little heartstrings stories about families who have lost money "so now they can't pay for their children to go to college".

WTF? If you're old enough to be in college, you're old enough to get a fucking job and pay your own way. If you can't even manage that little bit of responsibility, how in the hell do you expect to make it as an adult? Are mommy and daddy going to buy your groceries too? Your gas? Your lunch?

If you're 18, it's time to start acting like a functional member of society and PAY YOUR OWN GODDAMN WAY.

A "college student" job wouldn't have paid even 25% of my way through Penn State. I should know, I had one. In fact, every bit of financial aid and scholarships and indeed LOANS I could pull out, combined with said college student job only netted me 75%. The rest has cost my family's entire investment portfolio (which conveniently ran dry just before the economy whole thing went to shit) and savings. $12k a year in pay isn't going to cover much of anything.

Yes, in theory I should have paid my own way and it really bothers me that I couldn't - but short of working full time with a proper career, it wasn't going to happen.

In reality, the annoying part about these politicians is that while they're crying in their soup about parents losing all their money and being unable to help pay, they were (and still are) eviscerating the governmental sources of funding because they're EXPENSIVE, and presumably because an educated electorate is a bad idea in their minds.

A "college student" job wouldn't have paid even 25% of my way through Penn State. I should know, I had one. In fact, every bit of financial aid and scholarships and indeed LOANS I could pull out, combined with said college student job only netted me 75%.

Sorry, I just find it completely unbelievable that you tried hard enough to get the money. There are scholarships for being left-handed, for for being in certain degree programs, or for being from certain counties in certain states. I got scholarships because I was in FFA in high school, and a few from my extracurriculars.

Then there are student loans. And grants. And personal loans. And most schools have work-study programs for those in need of some financial help.

And if they're merit-based and you can't get them, what are you doing in college anyway? If you can't maintain good grades, you shouldn't be pursuing a degree. It IS hard, it's supposed to be hard, and you're supposed to be smarter than the average person, which means you can manage it.

I worked my ass off in high school tracking down various scholarships (all hard copy, this was before Google). I spent about 4 hours a day in the library my entire junior year, because I knew there wasn't any parental funding for me to fall back on. And I managed not even to need a job until my last semester. The money is there. It takes work to get it, but that's the point.

Oooh Spicy three for three!

In the UK everyone is now allowed a degree, if you can't afford it or are actually too thick to do it - the debt people get into to get useless degrees is humoungus!

People who don't use their turn signals and people who refuse to use their headlamps in a downpour or at dawn/dusk.

This, a lot. I usually flash them and they give me the strangest look as if they've never seen a high beam before, and dunno what I mean. Or they think I'm drunk/high.

For some reason people with "(insert kid's name here) on board" on the back of their car...... God, nothing quit sais 'I've given up in life' like a grey mini peoplemover with one of these on the back....
Besides your kid isent on board, Its over at the grandparents while you and the misses hurry off to your 9-to-5 er....

I lol'd. Because I drive a grey car with "insert kids name here on board" on the back. I'm starting to think I'm the Anti Cowboy :lol:

People who don't return my calls, making my job difficult. And then they say "no way, I was totally phoning you!" even though I was in the office all afternoon when they said they were calling.

this. Massively.

Pansy-ass spoiled kids... you guys can't take real heat...

^you have been annoying me for quite some while, but posting something like that when you're only 18 is also very annoying

Sorry, I just find it completely unbelievable that you tried hard enough to get the money. There are scholarships for being left-handed, for for being in certain degree programs, or for being from certain counties in certain states. I got scholarships because I was in FFA in high school, and a few from my extracurriculars.

Then there are student loans. And grants. And personal loans. And most schools have work-study programs for those in need of some financial help.

And if they're merit-based and you can't get them, what are you doing in college anyway? If you can't maintain good grades, you shouldn't be pursuing a degree. It IS hard, it's supposed to be hard, and you're supposed to be smarter than the average person, which means you can manage it.

I worked my ass off in high school tracking down various scholarships (all hard copy, this was before Google). I spent about 4 hours a day in the library my entire junior year, because I knew there wasn't any parental funding for me to fall back on. And I managed not even to need a job until my last semester. The money is there. It takes work to get it, but that's the point.

I used every avenue available to me - the vast majority of them were closed off because I made the decision to leave my home state to go to school. This meant that neither the state the school was in nor my home state had any interest whatsoever in me. Every dollar from my high school and related organizations went to cheerleaders and football players (who were on free rides anyway).

When I first entered college, my family "made too much money" to qualify for any need-based scholarships that I didn't actually receive (apparently $34,000 a year is a "LOT" of money - nevermind that almost every penny of that was going into medical expenses)

Between myself, shittons of research, and the financial aid officers at my university, we were only able to scrounge up roughly 3/4 of my costs - including loans, grants, scholarships, work-study (Restricted by university policy to working for the university at a maximum of $7.95/hour and a maximum of 20 hours per week and an overall maximum of $1200/semester - becasue that's the maximum amount the federal government will reimburse them for - making it TOTALLY fuck useless) and cost reductions. I was literally told to beg, borrow or steal the rest, or forfeit what I'd already paid and drop out.

So I took out every private loan I could afford (in other words, the maximum amount I could take out and defer payments) and dropped that useless workstudy garbage in favor of a proper job - which made me far too little money, so I later dropped THAT to start my own company and paid myself out of investor cash and early profits - that is, until the economy crashed and made that business economically unviable. Only THAT option actually let me personally cover my educational costs - at the expense of my grades because that shit is a LOT of work.

Just because it worked out for you at your school and in your personal situation doesn't mean it's possible for everybody. Sure, I could have had a financially much easier time if I'd gone to a cheaper school - perhaps the University of Maryland - or I could've gone even cheaper and gone to Towson. But for various reasons I will not explain, I did not feel that was a better choice than crossing the border to Penn State, and having done what I have done now, I KNOW that was the right decision.

At any rate, the operative part of my previous comment was how politicians make these observations and then go in to work the next day and cancel scholarships, grants and loans wholesale, thus requiring even more people to look towards their parents for money (For example, Pennsylvania still had not handed over ANY money, financial aid or otherwise to Penn State this year - the university is mitigating that out of its own pocket as best as it can this year, but next year things will fall right apart if the situation doesn't change). It's totally reprehensible and an example of just how UTTERLY FUCKING SLIMY our elected officials are. Lets not blame the students for being lazy when we can blame the Yale-educated bastard children making the decisions.