The "Things that annoy me" thread

ashspet

Nothing to see here, move along people!
DONOR
2 weeks ago had the lappy hooked up to my data storage and did a partial backup of easily replaceable crap. Got distracted, forgot the rest.

:wall:

Grand Illusion

Car(s)
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2013 Fiat 500
I feel your pain. :hug: I got on my main PC this morning, had a message box appear that said I should backup my hard drive because an error was detected. OK, start backup then. 7% in the fucking thing crashes! :wall: I admittedly haven't done a backup in quite some time, so I'm sure I lost something, or most everything.

Jay

the fool on the hill
I back up every week onto a 1 TB disc drive. A few years ago I lost 3 years of raw, unedited photos because I didn't back up.

Now I have my photos, raw and unprocessed, on:

The desktop drive
The external drive
The laptop
Mitsui Gold DVD's in a safe deposit box
Photo hosting website
Facebook
SD cards
Various USB sticks

Never, EVER will take a risk a again.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
taxis and the subway
hypoglycaemia

I just happened to skip lunch today, did some housework, took a shower, got ready to leave and at that precise moment, Mr Body declared that I wasn't going anywhere for a while. D'oh!

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
I back up every week onto a 1 TB disc drive. A few years ago I lost 3 years of raw, unedited photos because I didn't back up.

Now I have my photos, raw and unprocessed, on:

The desktop drive
The external drive
The laptop
Mitsui Gold DVD's in a safe deposit box
Photo hosting website
Facebook
SD cards
Various USB sticks

Never, EVER will take a risk a again.
That reminds me, I need to backup my laptop....

Tomorrow. :lol:

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
taxis and the subway
I have an SSD and a HDD in my laptop, the SSD is regularly backed up on (part of) the HDD and all of that goes on an external disk every week or so... works perfectly, I've never once regretted sacrificing the optical drive for it.

neutron

When I need to wake up next morning and get a good amount of sleep, I can stay up all night
When I want to stay up all night, I sleep like a baby

Interrobang

Forum Addict
When I need to wake up next morning and get a good amount of sleep, I can stay up all night
When I want to stay up all night, I sleep like a baby
Your Brain is like a 10 year old child. You have to use reverse psychology ...

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
03 Ford Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S
Stopped to grab a few things for lunch tomorrow, at the supermarket on the way home tonight. Left a bag at the counter. Too late to go back and get it.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
And the staff isn't courteous enough to hold it for you in case you come back for it?

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
03 Ford Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S
I called the store, and they have it there for me. Well the items were returned to the shelf (there was some perishable goods), but they have a list and my name, so I can get them tomorrow after work if I take in my receipt.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. My camera is broken - the lens cover won't open/close properly anymore. And that a week before I'll go on vacation...

Plus, the warranty period of one year is long over, of course. :(

Last edited:

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
taxis and the subway
What do you mean by "lens cover"? Those little plastic flaps in front of the lens that close when you switch a P&S camera off?

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
Yes, indeed. But all is well again, I hope: Apparently the flaps were blocked mechanically. From the look of things, the front of the lens housing was dented inwards a little. I took my smallest screwdriver and dented it back out. Now I just hope the lens didn't suffer scratching while the camera was in the bag with a half-open cover.

JakeRadden

Car(s)
2014 Mustang, 2015 Edge, 2015 Sonata
I BACK UP NOTHING! NOTHINGGGG!

But this is because all my important data is stored in the cloud and everything I store locally I can easily replace.

ScarFace88

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'00 CVPI, '88 Integra, '05 GTO
The fact that I procrastinate WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH. I have a 700 word essay due in 11 hours that I'm only halfway through, an astronomy exam, and a few humanities questions to answer. Seems pretty easy you say? Not with ADD.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
My computer just blew its PSU... And of course it does that right after all computer shops in the area close...

Interrobang

Forum Addict
Working on a project with a deadline, in the final days before the deadline you work like hell to meet that deadline and then when the deadline is near and you are also almost finished ... the deadline is moved ahead. Not only some hours or days, but fucking WEEKS. This not only means all the stress from the last days was for nothing, it will also mean a lot more work since now there is enough time to overhaul the complete project (wich will happen, ?cause with time comes ideas) ...