The "Things that annoy me" thread

I think the point is that her husband would turn the clicker thing on again.

@ shesquint: have you talked to him about it?

I think the point is that her husband would turn the clicker thing on again.

Yessir, that's it.

@ shesquint: have you talked to him about it?

So. many. times. He doesn't leave it on out of malice; he's just extremely forgetful and accustomed to the clicking. So he turns it back on if it's off because that's what he's used to, and he's forgotten that it's off because I asked him to please stop with the GD clicking already. One of these days I'll get him to remember to leave it off. I swear I will.

My dad blew my horn when I was driving two times already. I have sworn to all that's holy the moment he will do it a third time, I'll throw him out of the car regardless of where we are.
If you think the other thing about blowing a horn now, you're such a rotten soul!!! :lol:
I had a passenger pull the handbrake once...while I was driving. Thankfully, I was just pulling out of the driveway.

He's now banished to the trunk--if I even let him that close. Which is unlikely.

Last edited:
One thing that annoys me is the Queen's New Year Honour List.
Celebrities from the world of sport, music, art, movies and the rest getting recognition for their work, just for doing what they're paid to do basically. These medals and titles probably used to mean something, but today it is empty of any value.

People that say 'congratulations' to each other/me at every new year. Congratulations for what? Not killing myself because I know someone as fucking stupid as you?

new one : people who won't turn the auto-clicky noise off on their phones. I mean the one that makes a clicky noise for EVERY button you push

That's the first thing I turn off everytime I buy a new cellphone. :?

People that say 'congratulations' to each other/me at every new year. Congratulations for what? Not killing myself because I know someone as fucking stupid as you?

The whole new year thing is overrated anyway. It's just the earth completing another rotation around the sun which we celebrate on an arbitrarily decided date. I'm going to bed now. Although, looking back at the last couple of hours full of fireworks (much to early!!!) I'll probably be awake again in an hour.

McDonalds closing early on a day when I have a strong and inexplicable craving for McDonalds at 8:30.

Celebrating the new year seems pretty pointless to me. What am I celebrating? Another year of the same old crap? No thanks.

I do appreciate (and take advantage of) any excuse to buy fireworks, however. So, I guess it has a purpose: blowing things up. But that's about it.

Why can't I call it what it is? I'm celebrating fireworks. Yep.

Another irritant: commercials that have black bars so the picture is widescreen (which is great; widescreen FTW), but then put images or text in the black bars, therefore distracting me from whatever widescreen picture they're displaying between said bars. GRR.

Last edited:
What a rebel we have here! :lol:
I bet my house that you don't tell anyone what you just wrote but just say "Congratulations and happy new year to you too". :p
We all do it.

PS: if you DID reply "Not killing myself because I know someone as fucking stupid as you?" to someone then please post a picture of yourself just afterwards. That's if you're still conscious. :mrgreen:

It's just an excuse for getting drunk, having a crazy party or turning up the volume on your stereo really loud without anyone being able to complain about it.

I suppose after witnessing the change of the millenium in person (which was a rather special occasion, no doubt about that), "normal" new year's eves cannot impress me anymore now.

McDonalds closing early on a day when I have a strong and inexplicable craving for McDonalds at 8:30.

I like that, I hate knowing I'm making people work on a holiday. Even the grumpy ones who hate their families.

I bet my house that you don't tell anyone what you just wrote but just say "Congratulations and happy new year to you too". :p

I've said that to my mum the last couple of years. This year I said "Wow yay happy new year. Because I've survived the few seconds across midnight. Great, now if we all die it'll be OK." She didn't say congratulations this year. :lol:

But most of the time I don't bother.

Why the shit is the film Initial D in cantonese? It's supposed to be Japan. People in japan do not speak cantonese. Cantonese is not even similar to japanese. That film's messed up.

Well, the movie was made in China with a Chinese crew :)

Why can't I have the actor who plays Takumi in my living room, mostly nekkid, doing my chores for the day?!

Life = unfair.

- doesn't care that he's speaking Cantonese at. all.

For exactly the same reason Vin isn't doing me my chores.

^ :lol:

I hate it when people borrow my laptop and bend the screen completely back :x

I hate all bending of screens