The "Things that annoy me" thread

Did Cowboy just say something reasonable AND helpful?

I think his account was hijacked by somebody awhile back. Or, something has happened to him. I am afraid to find out.

Did he get a girlfriend recently?

The USPS. No tracking activity for Craig's TBI package to me since Tuesday night. Even if that's normal, as some people say, it's still hugely annoying.

I found out that they only really bother to update the tracker thing frequently if you pay for the express service. Sometimes I might not have seen anything for days then suddenly they're on my door... Pretty lame service.

Did Cowboy just say something reasonable AND helpful?

I think his account was hijacked by somebody awhile back. Or, something has happened to him. I am afraid to find out.

Did he get a girlfriend recently?

I'm just getting old, that's all.....with age comes slowing down, I was tempted to not order up the greasiest, biggest, meatiests thing on the menu yesterday, mind you, just tempted.....

I found out that they only really bother to update the tracker thing frequently if you pay for the express service. Sometimes I might not have seen anything for days then suddenly they're on my door... Pretty lame service.
Saturday morning around 1am, "only" five days after leaving Springfield, MO, the parcel arrived at Chicago ISC. And only about 12 hours after that, it also showed up on their tracking. The parcel thus should be on the next plane to Frankfurt.

EDIT: Tracking just updated. My parcel just left Chicago. And unlike Jesus, I hope it's not bound for New Orleans.

Last edited:
EDIT: Tracking just updated. My parcel just left Chicago. And unlike Jesus, I hope it's not bound for New Orleans.
The parcel should by now be on German soil for about 24 hours. Tracking activity: None.

That IS annoying.

It's in Detroit now.
No, it isn't. Apparently, arrival scans are for the weak. It left Detroit. Might be on a Delta Flight to Frankfurt and landing as I post this. Might be headed to some hub on the East Coast. We'll see.

As arrival scans still are for losers, I can only report that my parcel left Frankfurt/Main at 8:50 this morning. We'll see what happens next (ideally: a delivery note in my mailbox tomorrow morning).

Foon: Hello, is this Mr xxxxx
Me: yes
Foon: On behalf of 'foundation I have never heard of' we would like to thank you for your donation, and if you have a few minutes I would like to ask you a few questions about your motivations for said donation...
Me : I made no donation
Foon: Yes you did sir, again I would like to......
Me: I think I know who I do and do not donato to.
Foon: is this not MR yyyy xxxxx?
Me: Oh, I think I get it, this is xxx xxxxx, you need yyyy xxxxx, he lives down the street, same street, same last name, different house number, no relation.
Foon: I see, do you have his number by chance?
Me: I think I have a cellnumber, not sure if it's still the right one though, I really don't know him.....*looks up and gives number, along with yyyy's proper adress*
Foon: thank you very much.

This was yesterday, fast forward to today:

Foon: (same voice) Hello, is this Mr xxxxxx?
Me: You mean yyyy xxxxx? This is xxx xxxxxx
Foon: I see, somebody gave me a number for yyyy xxxxxx yesterday, was that you?
Me : yes *rolls eyes*
Foon: Well he is not picking up, do you have another one?
Me: No, like I told you before, I really don't know him.....
Foon: Well then how am I supposed to contact him?
Me: You know what honey? Write him a letter.....*click*

Drones, fucking drones everywhere.

Reactions: MWF
You gave the number of another person to some sales drone...?

In other annoyances, DHL felt unable to deliver my package to the PackStation (again) so I have to retrieve it at the post office. I expect standing in a line for at least 20 minutes.

In other annoyances, DHL felt unable to deliver my package to the PackStation (again) so I have to retrieve it at the post office. I expect standing in a line for at least 20 minutes.

this annoys me to no end, as it so frequently happens for certain packstations. and no, they're not always full... i was so annoyed one time i actually went down there and checked (had to send a package anyway), and lo and behold, there was room still free for me to leave my package! :mad:

Strange... the last time I had to fetch a package from the post office was when ALL of my neighbours weren't at home...

new annoyance: Those stupid "Welcome back to Germany!" moments. Last week, I was literally just across the border in France to visit my baby nephew and family, then had to travel back home via Frankfurt airport. Stopped at a bakery and felt compelled to give the customer before me (Emirates airline tags on the suitcases) an apologetic smile on behalf of the dragon behind the counter. Fast forward to this Monday and I'd just got on the train home, also from FRA, when the conductor told me that "this area is reserved exclusively for Lufthansa AiRail business class passengers". I couldn't help taking a theatrical look around and then telling him that the area wasn't exactly overrun - in fact he, a luggage porter and I were the only people in it. Which is why I simply sat down and let ze rools be ze rools. Fucking hell. :wall:

Foon: Well then how am I supposed to contact him?
I think I'd have lost it at that point. :blowup:

new annoyance: Those stupid "Welcome back to Germany!" moments. Last week, I was literally just across the border in France to visit my baby nephew and family, then had to travel back home via Frankfurt airport. Stopped at a bakery and felt compelled to give the customer before me (Emirates airline tags on the suitcases) an apologetic smile on behalf of the dragon behind the counter. Fast forward to this Monday and I'd just got on the train home, also from FRA, when the conductor told me that "this area is reserved exclusively for Lufthansa AiRail business class passengers". I couldn't help taking a theatrical look around and then telling him that the area wasn't exactly overrun - in fact he, a luggage porter and I were the only people in it. Which is why I simply sat down and let ze rools be ze rools. Fucking hell. :wall:

I got the exact same thing with Belgians last time I was abroad (Ireland), for 10 days I had seen, nobody, NOBODY being rude or unhelpfull to anyone, not at the airport, not at the rental desk, not at the hotel, not in bars, not anywhere...., get back, get off the plane, get to the customs desk *bang*, first countrymen you see : some under qualified burn-out acting like a lethargic grumpy gorilla for no reason at all.....welcome home.

Last edited:
Completing Tender Questionnaires that have clearly been copied and pasted from the interwebz without any consideration for relevance. A whole afternoon of dreaming up my own middle management horse shit with which to respond to their middle management horse shit.

It's the mental equivalent of playing table tennis with a trowel and a turd.