The "Things that annoy me" thread

NSFW language

"Pissed" was the most NSFW language I heard in that clip...unless you're counting "'72 Pinto Hatchback".

Uh, well, it is Clerks so I erred on the side of caution.

Having to request admin rights for my work PC every single damn time I need to change anything or install anything. I should go freelance and use all my own shit - that way I can at least do whatever the hell I want.

Having to request admin rights for my work PC every single damn time I need to change anything or install anything. I should go freelance and use all my own shit - that way I can at least do whatever the hell I want.
Having to clean off malware and adware from users machines who were made local admins to their machine by other techs because "inertia" annoys me.

Shit flows both ways man. There's a reason why people who get new or wiped machines at the buildings I cover don't get admin rights to the machine unless they have a legit reason.

I do like what my last employer did...they gave you admin rights for a week to install any shit you needed then reverted you to a standard account.

Yes, I can see why you wouldn't hand out admin rights to incompetent people :p
It's massively annoying to me and your way of doing it was exactly how it was handled with me as well. But how am I supposed to know all the stuff I'm going to need admin rights for in my first (two, in this case) weeks on the job? That's just not gonna happen! Also, because reasons, I now have to ask for admin rights every single time I go out of the office to fiddle with some hardware in the field, because otherwise I'm not allowed to touch the bloody network setup!

Why does my right butt cheek hurt more on flights than my tailbone in long car rides? I'm sure it's how I'm sitting...

purse wallet in one of your back pockets in only one of those two scenarios? :dunno:

yes... wallet is what i meant :p

Last edited:
I only keep my wallet in my back pocket when I'm walking. Otherwise it's in a coat or front pocket to prevent back issues. At least, that's what my chiropractor said.

I never put my wallet in my back pocket, always the front cause it felt weird.

For years though, I straight up refused to carry one period but it's hard keeping everything just loose in your pocket.

Yes, I can see why you wouldn't hand out admin rights to incompetent peopleIt's massively annoying to me and your way of doing it was exactly how it was handled with me as well. But how am I supposed to know all the stuff I'm going to need admin rights for in my first (two, in this case) weeks on the job? That's just not gonna happen! Also, because reasons, I now have to ask for admin rights every single time I go out of the office to fiddle with some hardware in the field, because otherwise I'm not allowed to touch the bloody network setup!

Then your policies are set up by fucking muppets.

Gotta agree - if you're IN the IT department, then its a totally different story haha. That blows.

Last edited:
Well no, I'm not in the IT department... but I work for a company that provides IT solutions / services.
we're a little startup with a total of 12 employees and employ the services of the IT department from our 700 people mother-company for ridiculous amounts of money. their policies reflect the fact that they run critical infrastructure (energy generation, distribution, etc.) but are entirely out of place for us and actually keep us from doing our work properly / efficiently (example, see above). we can't get out of it, though, because our mother company basically uses the leverage it has over us to force us to use the frankly way overpriced services we don't even need. same with rent, we overpay by a massive amount because we're in one of their offices :dunno:

It's one of those days where nothing just works like it normally does, shit goes wrong for no reason, programs don't do what they're supposed to and everyone just seems to be working against you ...

So I said screw it, went home instead, played soccer with the NooDlets, and the rest of my evening will be filled by silly tv shows, lots of alcohol, and if I'm lucky, I might get lucky....

Well no, I'm not in the IT department... but I work for a company that provides IT solutions / services.
we're a little startup with a total of 12 employees and employ the services of the IT department from our 700 people mother-company for ridiculous amounts of money. their policies reflect the fact that they run critical infrastructure (energy generation, distribution, etc.) but are entirely out of place for us and actually keep us from doing our work properly / efficiently (example, see above). we can't get out of it, though, because our mother company basically uses the leverage it has over us to force us to use the frankly way overpriced services we don't even need. same with rent, we overpay by a massive amount because we're in one of their offices :dunno:

For us, I think it's pure ignorance. A couple weeks ago, my boss was working with a brewery to sell equipment to. He wanted to know more about them so he typed in their company into google and clicked on their website. Only to be greeted with a page saying the page was blocked because of safe web browser filtering or something. That got fixed very quickly. What bugs me the most is our IT company insists on using their bullshit programs that are written poorly so it eats resources. All they tells is it's for "updates." Updates for what? Everytime they fiddle with my fucking machine, windows bawks that my automatic updates need to be changed. Probably because they manually change it. For what? The whole point of automatic updates is that the computer is automatically updated to make sure any bugs that might be causing problems are gone.

The other part is they install LogMeIn. Great but, there's absolutely no indication when they're remoting in. That part I don't like at all. Yes, it's a work computer but, why do you need to remote in without my knowledge regardless of whose computer it is?

Since our computers aren't fully locked down yet, I remove their software from the auto-login-startup system in msconfg. So that, when they come in to do their monthly I'm not sure what shit, I will change it back so they can do their thing and when they're done, I turn it back off. My laptop can get 5 hours of use on battery and stays cool when their shit's not running. When it's on, I get about 2 hours and the fan is constantly running at full speed. What the hell is their stuff doing? Cause, it's not showing a damn thing besides a hard drive light that's solid rather than the occasional blinking.

Fucking travel planning. I should have started this 2 weeks ago or longer.

My laptop can get 5 hours of use on battery and stays cool when their shit's not running. When it's on, I get about 2 hours and the fan is constantly running at full speed. What the hell is their stuff doing?

It's a laptop-shaped boiler maybe :dunno:

Pretty much.