The "Things that annoy me" thread

A full degree short on 4 corners makes for 0 corners that line up. Ha!

Dr. Grip hasn't posted videos of Lucille on the ring yet. :p

Dr. Grip hasn't posted videos of Lucille on the ring yet. :p
:D I haven't got any, I was driving. IceBone has a onboard vid in AdrianVision (meaning that Adrian's head blocks 1/3 or the frame) so he'll crop that before uploading...

I switched my dog's food and I did it when her dish was nearly empty. She picked out all the old food and spread around the dish and wants more new food. I put what she pulled out back in the dish, but she has pulled it all out again.
Yep, they do that, even if you mix both old and new food 50/50....
Just give them the new food in an empty bowl?

Playing dominos with Murphy

Playing dominos with Murphy

I?ve come to the conclusion that I?m doomed to play dominos with Murphy all my life!

1. My neighbor buys/adopts cute, loveable dogs for his daughter. When she gets tired of them, he just leaves them outside until they wander off or someone takes them in.

2. We?ve ?adopted? one of these dogs and are currently caring for another.

3. Related: I?ve owned my 2013 Focus SE for over three years. Since it?s the first new car I?d bought in the last 35+ years, I decided to document all expenses, including fuel purchases.

4. The Focus has a small leak in the transmission input shaft seal, so the dealer set up an appointment for me to bring it in yesterday. Ford has extended the warranty on the transmissions, so it?s a no-cost repair.

5. I don?t like leaving things in my cars when I have them serviced, so I took out everything that was in there. I bagged and boxed these items so it would be easy to put them back where they belong; then I put them in the garage, well up off the floor?

6. You should have guessed by now ? the dog somehow got to ONE bag. Of course, it was the one that contained the items from the driver?s door pocket. The ONLY thing she tore up was the little book that contained all the service records. THREE-AND-A-HALF FREAKING YEARS of meticulous record keeping gone in a few bites. I haven?t yet decided if I feel sick, pissed or just numb. What are the odds?

SL

1. My neighbor buys/adopts cute, loveable dogs for his daughter. When she gets tired of them, he just leaves them outside until they wander off or someone takes them in.

Your neighbour needs a swift kick in the teeth.

It teaches that there is no value to animals and they're basically toys that you can just leave outside when you're bored of them.

Don't tell me where that person lives because something could happen to him... Who does that sort of thing?

You didn't happen to scan a copy of the invoices, did you?

Dude, keep that stuff digitally... Fuelly and spritmonitor give you the option of having service costs etc in there.... Also your neighbour is a dick.

Wheel well also offers that.

Yeah man, the first item is pretty disturbing. And what sort of message does this teach his daugther?

Both of his kids have learned the lesson... neither of them have any respect for animals and have a hard time understanding why my wife and I go to the lengths we do.

Dude, keep that stuff digitally... Fuelly and spritmonitor give you the option of having service costs etc in there....

Being a retired accountant/analyst, I have some of it on spreadsheets, but I've been lazy of late updating them. I have paper copies of the actual service receipts/invoices, but it's the fuel data that I hate losing. I've driven the car over 35,000 miles and have recorded the date, gallons, cost and mileage for EVERY fuel purchase. It's been several months since I bothered to update the spreadsheet, so a lot of data was lost.

Also your neighbour is a dick.

You just don't know... and I'm not telling all of the story here because it's nearly unbelievable. Add to that problem, the people who live behind my 'old' shop have a dog that's in a fairly large pen. They pay ZERO attention to him - and he's a really great dog. I try to stop by every day and make sure that he has water and food. He was sick with a throat infection several months ago and I had to literally BEG these zeros to let me take him to the vet. They've had the county animal control officer called on them before but the laws here are vague and they seem to have done just enough to cover their butts...

I know that if you don't live in rural America, you undoubtedly find these stories difficult to believe - but, animal cruelty is just not that uncommon here. Yes, it's hard to live with and yes, I do donate to the ASPCA and the local animal protection groups but one person can only help so much. I am glad to say that several of my friends do as much or more than I do. I wish I could say that I volunteer at the shelters, but I don't - I don't think I could face that on a regular basis.

SL

SL, I think you and I would have the same problem working at the shelter. Where would we put all of the dogs we brought home?

My nephew's girlfriend works at a vet office and has brought home two dogs that were to be put down because the owner couldn't afford the medicine it needed. Nothing really wrong with the dog, just needed simple meds to take care of a problem and they wanted to put them down.

It's just... seriously... if you want a pet you need to be aware of the responsibily that you're about to take on. This is the exact fucking reason why I don't have a cat or a dog or whatever. I don't want that kind of responsibility, and furthermore I work full time and I'm away quite often, so even if I wanted to, I couldn't properly take care of any pet. Some of my friends are always like "hey you should totally get a cat" and can't seem to understand why I don't want that. None of them neglect their pets, but they also can't seem to fathom the idea that a single with a full time job (and almost zero interest in actually owning a pet) doesn't want a pet.

On the other hand, getting a pet despite knowing that you can not or do not want to care for it in the long run is just sad and stupid. Especially if you only start to get a nice cute dog or cat because your small child wants one. We all know how this story almost always ends. Kid looses interest, parents couldn't care less, pet is fucked. At least have the balls to bring it to some sort of animal shelter or whatever. Don't just dump it somewhere in the woods.

But this is just a typical case of impulsive behaviour. Which can be totally fine, as long as it does not have any long lasting consequences. Or if it does have those, please deal with it in an adult fashion. And while I myself have no interest in pets, I do feel sorry for those pets that were just bought as a toy and then disposed when they got boring or grew up.

That's too bad about the spreadsheets (and even moreso about the dogs ). If you paid for the fuel with a debit or credit card, there must be a trace though, right?

If you paid for the fuel with a debit or credit card, there must be a trace though, right?

I did pay for a portion of it with credit cards. (I don't like debit cards and refuse to have one...) Ever since the Target mess, though, I've cut back my card usage to next-to-nothing. The ATMs I use are close to where I shop most, so I just keep enough cash to last for 3 or 4 days. If I'm going out to a restaurant or shopping for something particular, I just make the ATM my first stop and have the cash with me. Doing it that way also cuts down on impulse purchases.

I've been so bummed out on this whole issue that I haven't tried to re-create any of the data. When I'm able to look at the tattered remains, I may try to reconstruct some of it.

SL

I keep getting charged with looking for items for my customer that, at first glance don't seem like they would be all that difficult...but in reality, nobody seems to make, or want to make...and then I'm always giving bad news to my client, so I look like I'm bad at my job.

Throw enough money at it and usually someone will build it for you. At least that's what we usually do if we can't find what we want ;)

Europeans seem to be more willing to be daring...unfortunately, I never have the 10-20 weeks to source it custom from europe, never mind the "summer shut downs". :rolleyes:

:lol:

I'll add that in addition to wanting things that don't exist, they also want it immediately, and at stupid low pricing. Oh, and with a super long warranty. Oh, and they want a contract that if you ever replace or discontinue it that the vendor will agree to replace everything with the new product for free just so that everything matches. <_<