The "Things that annoy me" thread

I get some of their rules; what advertiser wants to associate their product with blatant harassment. But sensitive topics? Advertisers are happy to be on news channels. Cursing? Mr. Robot dropped a "fuck" on basic cable, what advertisers will tolerate cursing-wise is becoming pretty broad.

YouTuber TheDevilDogGamer (yes, he's a retired Marine) makes a couple of very, very good points (among many others) about that in this video:

1. YouTube isn't actually removing ads from the demonetized videos. The ads are still there, the advertisers are still associated with these "un-advertiser-friendly" videos. The ostensible problem is still there. YouTube is simply just not paying the content creator. Nice, huh?

2. Companies are lining up to pay absurd amounts of money to advertise on popular TV shows like Game Of Thrones - and especially shows like Game Of Thrones - that have mass numbers of viewers in the desired demographics. GOT is, of course, a show that essentially has naked female breasts in just about every episode, along with people being graphically and violently murdered on camera. Every damn episode! Or The Walking Dead, which literally has graphic violence and murder on every episode. The Walking Dead costs over HALF A MILLION DOLLARS for a thirty second spot. No shortage of outfits waiting in line for ad space on that show either.

If YouTube had two brain cells to rub together, they would implement a tiered rating system for age group appropriateness. Regular media and video games did this long ago. Instead, YouTube is requiring everyone to dumb down, obey political correctness rules and essentially limit discussion and the free exchange of ideas to that which could be done at a kindergarten snack room table surrounded by puritanical teaching nuns smacking The Ruler Of Discipline into their palms.

Last edited:
Customer Service - I complained this week to a online store that they did not transfer me my money back after I send back an item I did not like - while in fact they had wired me the money the very same day when I wrote my e-mail. I did not check that before sending the e-mail - my bad. Got a reply from them friday that was just "we did not read your e-mail, we just scan for keywords and now you get a generic 'how to send back my parcel' e-mail".
This is the kind of shit that makes me think twice about ordering there again ...

@youtube "the end is near" - as someone who?s been on the internet for a couple of decades (yeah, 2 exactly :D) the rhetoric used in this case is just making me laugh. I?ve been a member of countless forums, communities etc and the moments where users are throwing around that "the end is near" shit, is always lolworthy as shit.
Not that I would disagree that youtube is making a mistake right now - that?s not the point here (and no offense to the guy who makes the vid that spectre posted) - it?s just seeing the same old lines, the same old words over and over again. It?s always the end of the "world", the end of the service, the board, the usenet group etc bla bla.

And usually the users are quite wrong about it being "the end". They are just usually talking about themselves. It?s their own "end", themselves not being able to quit quietly because they?ve outgrown the service/changed themselves, to just move on - no it has to be the "end". A big last stand before thinking the world (aka the service) will die after them leaving. Like some people imagine a person no longer exist after they break up with them/go seperate ways - because they are just too . All dramatic, all final - and the users imagining the service dying without them.
It?s always a nice showcase of hedonism and narcissism.

:heavyb:

Can I just say, as someone who's spent all my time on omegle lately (long story)...

The alt-right. Nothing on earth vexes me more than the alt-right movement, /pol/, and their existence.

Bunch of cucks.

Last edited:
PaperBiro confirmed for Beta Mangina SJW Cucktural Marxist Virtue Signaler.

Joke, by the way.

When looking at car ads, you see 3 or 4 ads that are the same car with different prices. Then you open the ad and see something like this inside:

Come with 800$ cash you can get it. I will not take no lower then 850$ at all so don't ask

This happens for all sorts of price ranges.

I ran into that with a dresser. Wife listed it for free, husband thought it was worth more than nothing, and listed it for $10. We agreed on $5 cash and a $2 off coupon for the local grocery store.

My grandfather was known to burn large pieces of furniture when it came time to get rid of old stuff. Now that I've had this heavy dresser in my garage since grandmother passed, I'm tempted to chop it up and burn it. :|

I've never had furniture want to cut your hands open while moving it. It digs into you so far that despite of course it being heavy, you have to stop just to let your hands rest from what feels like a very weak person trying to cut your fingers off.

I hope that made sense.

Today was the first day I had to be at work at a specific time which would have worked if I hadn't had an accident...

The reason why I had to be at work at a specific time was that our hotline is open from 8am and people usually get to work between 8:30 and 9 so one employee takes the responsibility of being at work early. That means that could have gone unnoticed if I hadn't had informed my boss.

Things that annoy me this second: the mosquitoe(s) buzzing around my bedroom when I want to sleep :-(

I've been bitten by a mosquito... in the armpit.

Man, I was hoping to be done with this job today so that I could turn in my shit to the office before going to Germany in Saturday. That ain't happening!

Today was the first day I had to be at work at a specific time which would have worked if I hadn't had an accident...
Today was the second day I had to be at work at a specific time, I started 40 minutes before that time while I usually need 30 minutes. Guess what? I needed 45 minutes since there is a detour on the way which hadn't been there yesterday... :mad:

I cant sleep

Having to spend hours at customs to free Craig's latest care packet from their claws.

Someone stole one of my bicycle locks.

There is a locked bike shed here on the premises where I (and many others) keep their bikes and baby-trolly-things. There I locked my bike to the stand. But on my bike there was another, second lock, just on the Luggage rack that I did not use in the bike shed. That?s now gone - has been taken. I still have both keys for that lock, so whoever stole the lock certainly won?t be able to use it ... other than as a really heavy necklace, that is.

Crime that makes no sense other than to annoy me, greatly annoys me while totally not being annoyed because that would give the criminal the satisfaction he wants ...

Last edited: